Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:20:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 62975 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2005, 08:09:45 PM »
« edited: May 01, 2005, 05:18:49 PM by Akno21 »

This is a fictional account of an election in which every active Atlas member would run for President.

...............................................................................................

In 2024, the nation was taken by storm. The Republican candidate was doomed after it was uncovered that he had masterminded the successful theft of a state via voter intimidation, voter fraud, and other methods to win a family member an election. The Democratic candidate was a populist in an election where the liberals were uptight on social issues and values voters were concerned with the economy. So he had no base. That left the door open for a third party candidate. Enter a man from Massachusetts, Dave Leip. 

An election geek, Leip had gained notoriety earlier in his life since his successful web-site, uselectionatlas.org, became one of the prime sources for United States presidential election data. Since then, he had lived a relatively quiet life, but had seen what was going on in Washington, and was sickened. With the help of some very rich friends, he launched his campaign. His campaign was not just another “Outsider for change” movement, like Ross Perot, it was a very smart guy who somehow avoided the big issues while coming across as much more intelligent than his opponents. On election night, Leip garnered 57% of the popular vote. The Democrat received 23%, and the Republican 20%.

Somehow, Leip was able to use the bureaucracy to his advantage, with thousands of highly skilled workers carrying out the same business that the Democrats and Republicans had, but more efficiently. He was re-elected in Monroic proportions in 2028, but by 2030, it seemed clear that the country was ready to go back to the grit and grind of the Democratic and Republican dominated system, the cleansing had worked. If only they knew…
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2005, 11:04:49 PM by Akno21 »

DNC Chairman Enters Presidential Race
By Ronald Williams, Star Tribune

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota- With the Vice-President not seeking the Presidency, the field is wide open in the race to be America’s next President. And a man has already stepped into that field, ready to play ball. Saying “It is time that we stop turning a blind eye to the serious problems that our nation faces. The health care system has collapsed. We are seeing the effects of a world in which being an American is less and less of an advantage. We cannot solve these problems by being afraid. We need a strong leader. A liberal. We need Jim Fritz for President!”, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee Jim Fritz entered the race.

A well respected man, he served as a county elections administrator from 2010-2016, when he jumped to the state level. He served with distinction until 2022, when he was chosen to head the state DFL. After the Democratic party was shattered after the 2024 elections, Fritz took over, and slowly but surely regained the party’s once great power.

His age may be a factor in the campaign, it is too soon to tell. However, if there is one thing that the Presidency of Dave Leip has taught us, it is that you don’t need to be a seasoned politician to be a great President. Many pundits expect the field to be young and brash this year, which this candidate certainly is not. His entrance already had repercussions, mainly a controversial joke offered up by Minnesota Governor Chris Verin. “The geezer is so old, he could’ve voted for Fritz Mondale” Whether this Fritz’s campaign will end up like the one before him is still up in the air, but from his tone at the rally today, it’s clear he won’t take any jokes about his campaign lightly.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 11:03:45 PM »

Justice Enters Field
By Randy McMichael, Boston Globe

BOSTON, Massachusetts- John Lowell Migrendel, a justice on the Massachusetts Supreme Court, is running for President. While his views are extreme (post birth abortion, near communism), he has shown time and again that he can state them with great eloquence. Justice Migrendel appeared outside the courthouse today in Boston, and spoke to a crowd of reporters.

"I carry this message to the people of America. We have been through a turbulent time. What we need is freedom. It is the medicine that cures all. Social liberalism is a constantly evolving word, and we need to evolve it even more, for our benefit. Nothing can hold us back. I have worked for this as a Justice, and I will work for it as President", he said, calmly but strongly uttering the words that will likely drum up a firestorm of criticism.

While his chances are slim at the nomination, he is a distinguished justice, and has national name recognition, thanks to some very controversial decisions. He practiced law privately until 2023, when he was appointed by the Governor to fill a vacancy on the court. Republican legislators have been searching for a way to get rid of him ever since.

He went on to challenge the Democratic Party to accept his new ideas, and not, "be left in the dust of change". Anaylists are interested to see how the party establishment takes to his running. Says Professor Doug Shedemen, of Boston College, "He might actually be helped if he doesn't get state party support, since it would reinforce his image as a real radical. However, author Russ Weinberg disagreed, saying on CNN, "Being a justice his a great asset for him, but he loses it if he doesn't have at least some establishment support."

While nothing is clear at this point, it is certain that we do not know what to make of this entrance, yet it is quite possible it will be talked about for years to come.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 01:05:20 AM »

Hmm, very interesting. Keep this going. Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 05:59:02 AM »

Hmm, very interesting. Keep this going. Smiley

Just a question for you, for about half the candidates, they have posted their real names. Should I use those, their forum names, or a combination of both? I'm leaning toward combination, (eg. Jim Fritz) becuase then it's more realistic and people know who I'm talking about.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 08:27:55 PM »

I'd use a combination personally.

Will there be a Mr. Hobbes analog in this campaign? Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 08:31:46 PM »

Oooh, this looks good.  Don't forget about me! Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 06:00:43 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2005, 04:31:27 PM by Akno21 »

A Look At the GOP Senators
By Josh Solomon, The Weekly Standard

WASHINGTON, DC- While their numbers have gone down recently, several Republican Senators have thrown their hat into the Presidential ring.

Steven Nichols (Washington)
The Minority Leader for the Republicans, Nichols is a true Republican, liked by the party's base. On social issues he has taken a firm stance against Gay Marriage, though not so much as his major Senate opponent, Sen. Jeff Rights, of Florida. He is in many ways a Reagan Republican, calling for lower social spending, more defense spending, and, of course, tax cuts. Elected in 2022, he served in the House, representing Eastern Washington. As leader, he has seen his party dwindle do to a profound split between factions.

Jeffrey Rights (Florida)
A staunch supporter of "Family Values", he has always been a target of Moveon.org and other socially liberal groups. He's by no means a populist though, and has favored huge cuts, especially in welfare, where he doesn't feel the government needs to get involved. A true man of Dixie, his Southern pride rings strong. Since his election to the Senate in 2018, he has never served in leadership, but everyone knew he was there.

Vasco Bono (New Hampshire)
Despite efforts to get him to switch to the Libertarian Party, Senator Bono remains a Republican, albeit not along with all of the social policies promoted by the leaders. He may be the most economically conservative candidate in the race, and his budgets have been shot down quickly by liberals and moderates alike. He is still pro-life, and stands a serious chance at the Republican nomination. Elected in 2024, he is one of the youngest Senators.

Dan Reynolds (Illinois)
A moderate, he barely got elected in Illinois, only winning by a hair in 2020, and by distancing himself from the Republican party in 2026 when he was up for re-election. He is respected in the Senate, as a great constitutional mind, and getting him to endorse a bill can almost ensure passage. His chances at the GOP Nomination are slim however, due to his centrism and tendency to be a maverick. However, he has solidly stuck behind Republicans when it matters, although rumors have it he will run as an independent if he doesn't get the Republican nomination.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 06:01:47 AM »

Be patient guys, I expect this to take awhile.

Also, for people like Joe, I'm sort of introducing the candidates in chronological Atlas order (Breaking at some points), so don't be offended if I don't get to you for what could be a couple of weeks.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 06:34:55 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2005, 08:03:36 PM by Casey Reese »

Fancinating, baby, yeah!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 05:43:18 PM »

Also, for people like Joe, I'm sort of introducing the candidates in chronological Atlas order (Breaking at some points), so don't be offended if I don't get to you for what could be a couple of weeks.

That's ok, I assumed that was the case. Smiley
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »

Or months in my case! Wink
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 06:16:54 PM »

Would be nice to be included as a Republican.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 06:33:43 PM »

Would be nice to be included as a Republican.

same here
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 07:11:36 PM »

I'd like to be mentioned as a Democrat, when my time comes.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 09:05:33 PM »

You'll the Rev. Josh Craddock (or whatever your last name is) i'm sure. Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 07:07:25 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2005, 02:32:26 PM by Akno21 »

Controversial Governor Steps Into Race
By Jeremy Colombo, San Jose Mercury News

SACRAMENTO, California- Looking for someone with no Washington connections? Looking for someone with a staunchly conservative record? Looking for someone with charisma? You've got your man, in California Governor Pedro Dawson. Today, at a Press Conference, the Governor announced that he would seek the Republican Nomination for President of the United States.

"We have seen our nation taken over by evil interests. People down the freeway in this very state. People from outside this country. I tell you, this is our country. America, our traditions and values must hold strong, they will stand the test of time, but only if we allow them to. I can, and as President, I will."

Dawson was elected in 2026, when the Democrats ran a moderate, which caused the Green party candidate, Plato Archcow, to pick up nearly 10% of the vote. Dawson recieved 44%, which was 2% more than the Democrat. He has been a controversial Governor, with his plans to increase deportation of illegal immigrants, and with attempts to eliminate the income tax.

Facing a tough re-election battle this fall, he announced he would not seek another term, and his Lt. Governor, Michael R. L. Wildcard, who had been planning to run for senate, is the Republican on the ballot. He gained national recognition (or just raised eyebrows) when he said "But you won't take the Governorship from me. Not even over my dead body. To WildCard: If one of them kills me or I for some reason die, you must abandon your quest for the Senate and take my place as Governor.", in response to a reporter telling him he would likely lose his re-election battle.

He will likely far better outside the Golden State than in it in a general election, but his approval rating among Republicans was 82%, and in this delegate rich state, he could gain enough delegates to be a major player even if he doesn't recieve the nomination.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 05:49:41 PM »

Is Pedro Dawson supposed to be somebody from the forum?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 06:39:16 PM »

"PD" A poster from before my time
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 06:44:35 PM »

Good job.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 09:48:16 PM »

Yes, "PD". Go through his posts and you're sure to find some interesting stuff. Ask Peter about him, he was before me as well.

Bob, thanks.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 12:30:02 PM »

Yes, "PD". Go through his posts and you're sure to find some interesting stuff. Ask Peter about him, he was before me as well.

Bob, thanks.

Oh yeah!  I missed that connection.  Who is Plato Archcow, if anybody?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 12:46:05 PM »

Bob, thanks.

Another red cali. avatar. He didn't actually run against PD but it explains how someone like PD wins in California.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2005, 01:27:43 PM »

Bob, thanks.

Another red cali. avatar. He didn't actually run against PD but it explains how someone like PD wins in California.

He was a member of the United Left who ran in the August D5 Senate election. He disappeared 2 weeks before the election, but he got far enough to make the final round, where he lost to StevenNick. If Mr. Hobbes makes it to the Final Round (He had 3 first prefs to Archcow's 4), then StevenNick loses in August, and not in December.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2005, 02:02:47 PM »

Surprised no one has covered a heated House race between me a Keystone Phil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies