Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:43:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 62925 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2005, 07:49:16 PM »

BELL/DELANEY IN '32
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2005, 04:04:49 PM »

i'll woot to that! Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #252 on: October 08, 2005, 02:34:25 PM »

I have a feeling that either myself or Ford are going to knock the other out here, soon.  We basically are sharing the same base, so it is only a question of who gets more money.  Ford is from California, so I am immediatly placed at a disadvantage.  Sad
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #253 on: October 08, 2005, 02:53:07 PM »

Editorial: Don't Forget About the Vice-President
The Boston Globe

In the midst of the strange and confusing time that Presidential Primaries, candidates can get forgotten, no matter how big their name is. Vice-President Gustaf Lundregen (D-MN) has seen that happen to him. Despite being the highest-ranking offical running for President, most of the attention has gone to other candidates, such as Sen. Eric Nyman (D-MI). However, Lundregen has several advantages that make him a very formidable candidate.

1) He is the Vice-President of a very popular administration. President Leip's approval ratings are stratospherically high, and Lundregen has been right there with the President from the start. Any politician would be able to capitalize on this, and Lundregen should be able to.

2) He is a moderate, and after seeing how well moderation can work, the American people may be inclined to support another one for President. This may make him stronger in a general election than the Democratic Primaries, but there is a sizable portion of the Democratic electorate that would have no problem voting for a moderate.

3) He can raise money. Being Vice-President connects you to powerful Washington insiders, and that can lead to some serious cash flowing in to your campaign. Being able to pay for the neccessary advertisements and keeping a well-oiled campaign machine running is crucial to winning, and Lundregen can do that.

While more eccenteric candidates may gain the headlines, it may be Lundregen who is delivering the accptance speech at the Democratic Convention.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2005, 05:55:52 PM »

I have a feeling that either myself or Ford are going to knock the other out here, soon.  We basically are sharing the same base, so it is only a question of who gets more money.  Ford is from California, so I am immediatly placed at a disadvantage.  Sad
but Ford is a republican from California, so he may not have as much of an edge as it seems. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2005, 01:07:57 AM »

so when did I drop out? Tongue
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2005, 02:09:48 PM »

I'll get the Iowa Caucus in by tonight.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2005, 04:44:16 PM »

I hope I win! Cheesy
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2005, 08:25:58 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2005, 09:07:27 PM by Senator PBrunsel »

The Iowa Caucus Results, Republicans
By Henry Wahlert Quad City Times 1-20-2032

DAVENPORT- One of the largest cities in Iowa was all a bustle last night as Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians went to the polls to cast their ballots for the candidates they felt should take a piece of Iowa’s 45-delegate pie.

On the Republican side, popular Iowan Governor Paul Brunsel won the caucus (as was expected), but took only over 40% of the vote. When compared to Governor Jim Nussle’s 72% of the vote win in 2012, Brunsel’s victory is anything but a mandate for New Hampshire:

Paul Brunsel (IA): 41.2%, 27 Delegates
Chris Soult (PA): 22.1%, 12 Delegates
Steven Nicholas (WA): 11.3%, 6 Delegates
John Ford (CA): 6.9%
Jeff Rights (FL): 6.7%
Colin Wixted (PA): 4.2%
Josh Craddock (NC): 3.3%
Daniel Smith (WY): 3.2%
Pedro Dawson (CA): .8%
Andrew Berger (NY): .3%

It is important to note that Governors Berger and Dawson did not actively campaign in Iowa. Berger is focusing much on the New Hampshire Primary (two weeks away) and Dawson is putting a lot of resources in the states of Virginia, South Carolina, and Arizona (Super Tuesday states). Governor Soult’s second place finish bodes well for the man who was polling at 3% there just five months ago. New Hampshire Polls show that he will fight mainly with Ford and Berger for the delegates in New Hampshire. Senator Jeff Rights and the Reverend Josh Craddock failed to perform as well as many expected them to. Perhaps Craddock’s misstatement in last weeks debate with Ford, Soulty, and Brunsel did him in (as in 2028 he won 22% of the vote in the Iowa Caucus). Craddock declared, “Gays will take this nation down, just like they did Rome.”

Ford and Right’s poor performance has stunned their campaigns. Congressman Paul R. King (R-CA) and campaign manger of “Ford ‘32” declared, “Yes, this is a disappointment, but we must remember Senator Ford was a late entry into the race. You just wait until New Hampshire, and then we’ll show ya’.” In his concession address Senator Rights jokingly stated, “I wish I was in the Land of Cotton, I can win there.” Senator Steven Nicholas (R-WA), the Minority Leader, treated his 11.3% of the vote win as a victory, “We took on a popular governor on his home turf, and we still took a large chunk of the vote. I say it’s off to victory in the Granite State!” Of all the “victory” parties, Governor Soult’s was the liveliest. “It’s time that we restore America back to the people!” boomed the Keystone Governor, “It’s time we take the Constitution serious again. It’s time we show more respect for the law and the working man. It’s time for the forgotten majority to be heard!”

Governor Brunsel’s star spangled victory address from the Governor’s Mansion was well received. “We have to stand up for the rights of all Americans to live the American dream as I have, and Mr. Herbert Hoover did!” the ecstatic Governor orated, “We have to allow the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to every American, including the unborn!” His Conservative rhetoric was punctuated by a rousing rendition of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic.”

The Iowa Caucus Results, Democrats

The Iowa Caucus for the Democrats once again involved a popular native figure: Senator Hugh Bartlett. Though Bartlett was born in Australia, he has proven to be extremely popular in the heart of the heartland. But just like Governor Brunsel, he was denied 50% of the vote, and polled just a little more than 25% of the vote against several tough challengers:

Hugh Bartlett (IA): 25.2%, 16 Delegates
Eric Nyman (MI): 22.2%, 14 Delegates
Gustaf Lundregen (MN): 16.3%, 8 Delegates
Cosmo Kramer (AR): 12.3%, 7 Delegates
Al Realpolitik (WV): 8.3%
Christopher Michael (MI): 3%
Kevin Nation (NY): 2.2%
Lucas Longley (WA): 2.1%
Jim Fritz (MN): 2%
Daniel Dunn (NY): 1.4%
Clay Fan (GA): 1.1%
Boss Tweed (NY): 1.6%
Nick Calvert (NC): .8%
Lewis Trondheim (HI): .3%
John L. Migrendel (MA): .2%

Bartlett’s Victory did not prove as hollow as Brunsel’s because he is also polling steady at 19% in most New Hampshire Polls. He declared in his victory address, “It’s time that we go to the Middle of America to solve the problems caused by the extremes of America.” Senator Nyman’s and Vice-President Lundregen’s addresses were rousing ones. Majority Leader Nyman (D-MI) stated, “The fight has just begun, and make no mistake, it is one we will triumph in. The people are behind us.” Lundregen (D-MN) brought his boss up in his speech, “President Leip’s legacy will continue through my Presidency. The “Leip Prosperity” of the 2020’s will stay the fashion under my administration.” Lundregen, usually a timid speaker, was given good reviews of his earnest and humble, yet precise and strong, remarks.

To the tune of his campaign song “Like a Bridge over Troubled Water” Senator Cosmo Kramer (D-AR) delivered nearly a sermon from the Dubuque Radisson. “There is a war going on in America today, and it is between the forces of moral righteousness and moral bankruptcy!” he decried, “Who will you side with?” Kramer all but ended the ambitions of Governor Clay Fan (D-GA), who is dropping out of the race after an abysmal showing, when he declared in a televised debate that Fan, “Was exactly what the democrats don’t need, another man to reinforce the negative stereotypes of the Democratic Party, the party of radical leftist social policies.” By declaring that Fan’s bisexuality was “a negative stereotype” to the party, it all but ended the faltering campaign of Fan’s and damaged that of Bartlett’s and Jim Fritz’s. His remarks were rebuked by organizations all over the nation and by ACLIU Chairman and Democratic Candidate Nick Calvert (D-NC), but the publicity only helped his cause.

Lieutenant Governor Lewis Trondheim (D-HI) and Defense Secretary Daniel Dunn (I-NY) dropped out of the race yesterday, and endorsed the Peter Bell-Joe Delaney Ticket for President in 2032. Jim Fritz and Christopher Michael have both called it quits as well. “I’m tired and I’m out of step with younger politicians,” Democratic Chairman Jim Fritz declared in his concession address after securing only 2% of the vote, “If I can’t perform well in my own region, how can I help the party win the White House?” Christopher Michael stated primarily that he felt the party had grown too left winged, and felt the best he could do was bow out and support his friend and colleague Senator Nyman for President. Fritz also is supporting Nyman.

Iowa Caucus Results, Libertarian

The Libertarian Party, in one of its 12 primaries this year, selected Leonard Hobbes ad their standard bearer in a strong show9ing.

G. Leonard Hobbes (CA): 71.3%
Write-In: John Dibble (GA): 15.3%
Phillip Huff (VA): 9.8%
Write-In: T.H. Vorlon (NV): 3.6%

Campaigning in Illinois, Hobbes thanked the Iowa Libertarians for selecting him as their nominee. “I feel humbled that you would entrust me with such a large amount of support,” Hobbes stated, “I hope we can continue to inspire the forgotten majority of Americans into being heard for once.”

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2005, 10:19:33 PM »

Do I get to be a Dennis Kucinich or Al Sharpton-type character?

If so, that would be awesome.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2005, 11:29:17 PM »

but Ford is a republican from California, so he may not have as much of an edge as it seems. Smiley

I can assure you that the loyal core of Republicans in California is probably twice as large and five times as wealthy as the Repulbican core in PA.  True, the Republicans only get 45% in Cali, in a good year, and Bush polled 49% in PA, but more Republicans voted in Cali than all the people who voted for either candidate in PA.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2005, 04:30:10 PM »

This is odd if we're basing this off of the Fantasy elections. I was Governor before Ford was really involved in Atlas politics and in this I'm still a lame Lt. Governor.

No, your Governor. PD is a former Governor. You were elected Governor in 2030.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2005, 04:59:35 PM »

Blasphemy:

I've been Governor of California ever since I joined ...  and I am now letting it be known to everyone that they can't have that position. It's mine, MINE YOU HEAR! Smiley
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2005, 10:47:17 AM »

Iowa Governor Must Stop Patriotic Games.
by Professor Edward Hemmings, Elitist Voters Society

Professor Hemmings (University of New Hampshire)

Governor Paul Brunsel is not a real candidate for President, he is a candidate for the “Star-Spangled Speeches” Award. He is touring New Hampshire and he makes at least two bug speeches a day, but these “big” speeches are no more than a collection of flowery wording sewed together by “good old American ideals” as Brunsel would put it.

Just yesterday in a speech in Andover, New Hampshire, Brunsel spoke for 56-minutes, and used the phrase “let’s make Washington and Lincoln proud of the Capitol’s politicians again.” What is this supposed to mean? He declared, “My only platform is the American Dream.” Well isn’t that special! What is this “American Dream”, Mr. Governor? In Iowa you have a 4.6% unemployment rate; more than 60% of your state’s farmers seem to rely on farm subsidies; and your “Vote or Else” program or whatever it’s called seems to scare teens more than help them vote. The “American dream” doesn’t preside in the backwater state of Iowa.

After spurring the trappings of the “Grand Old Platitudes”, Brunsel ended his speech once again with singing “God Bless America” to the tunes of the Andover High School band. Yes, he really appears like “Mr. Average American.” Whether it is his campaigning door-to-door with his campaign workers or campaigning at churches on Sundays, the Governor really is a small-town doddering hick. He speaks about two issues; abortion (which there is a 100% chance he will never[ have to get) and the “American Dream” (which I have already addressed). Maybe Brunsel needs to stop playing Lee Greenwood’s “I’m Proud to be an American” so loud so that he can hear the issues.

We at the Elitist Voters Society declare that we in no way support Governor Paul Woodrow Brunsel’s run for President of the United States; we don’t even support him having as intellectual middle name as Woodrow.  He needs to stop waving those small American flags and singing “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” and get back to the issues.

Professor Hemmings is a professor of political science at the University of New Hampshire

www.durhammessenger.com
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2005, 06:02:51 PM »

Yay Hemmings! Right on the money Smiley
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2005, 06:52:29 PM »

Hobbes wins Iowa, en route to steamrollering to the White House!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2005, 07:18:15 AM »

thanks, Iowa! You'll always have a special place with me.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2005, 06:39:29 AM »

I wonder if Governor Naso will make a Nixon comeback or not HAHA
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2005, 10:29:45 AM »

Oh noes, no new update! Smiley
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2005, 09:45:47 PM »

New Hampshire Primary results: GOP
by Helen Winborn Concord Times

CONCORD- Political pundits and the average voter were all quite busy last night casting their ballots and their opinions for their preferred Republican candidate for President. The GOP has been plagued by a minority status in both houses of Congress and their 2028 ticket was abysmal, capturing only 28% of the vote (perhaps this is why former Governor Naso and former Senator NixonNow have stayed out of the race thus far). Governor Chris Soult of Pennsylvania was the surprise winner of the primary, out performing both New York Governor Andrew Berger and California Senator John Ford.

C. Soult (PA): 23.3%, 15 Delegates
A. Berger (NY): 20.6%, 11 Delegates
J. Ford (CA): 20.1%. 9 Delegates
S. Nichols (WA): 13.2%, 3 Delegates
C. Wixted (PA): 9.7%
P. Brunsel (IA): 3.6%
D. Smith (WY): 2.4%
J. Rights (FL): 2.8%
J. Craddock (NC): 2.2%
P. Dawson (CA): 1.1%

Soult declared in his victory address, “We can assure future generations that the future does not belong to slavery, it belongs to freedom; it does not belong to extremism, it belongs to moderation!” Governor Berger, visibly disappointed by the second place finish, gave an address in which he declared his intention to see the race through. “One primary doesn’t define a campaign, or a career,” he told his throng of supporters. Senator Ford (standing next to former candidate and current General J.R. Avensbo at the podium) declared that, “Freedom is not the property of any political campaign.” Senators Nichols, Smith, and Rights both rallied their supporters for the primaries in the more conservative West and South on Super Tuesday. As was usual, Governor Brunsel ended yet another star spangled manuscript with a rousing rendition of “The battle Hymn of the Republic.” “I don’t care what some elitist say,” he declared in his address that night from Nashua Central High School, “Patriotism is our platform!”
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2005, 10:37:05 PM »

YAY NEW UPDATE
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2005, 10:06:34 PM »

If the great people of New Hampshire want an outsider; someone who will fight for the people and not the big special interests, they would be wise to vote for me.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2005, 12:06:44 PM »

If the great people of New Hampshire want an outsider; someone who will fight for the people and not the big special interests, they would be wise to vote for me.

Don't worry, you'll do well in New Hampshire.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #273 on: October 30, 2005, 12:19:49 PM »

YES- NEW ENGLAND = POPULIST REPRESENT
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2005, 11:14:09 AM »

Yay an update! Grin  Now, I can't remember which primary is next. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies