Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:43:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 62966 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2005, 04:29:43 PM »

Yay an update! Grin  Now, I can't remember which primary is next. Tongue

I would presume the New Hampshire Democratic primary. Tongue
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2005, 04:40:54 PM »

Why would Preston do well at all in New Hampshire? He's campaigning as the uber-populist, when New Hampshire is an uber-libertarian state. There are plenty of outsiders in the race, Nym might be upset, but Preston shouldn't be anywhere near the one to do it. NH strikes me as Hughento territory.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2005, 04:43:35 PM »

Why would Preston do well at all in New Hampshire? He's campaigning as the uber-populist, when New Hampshire is an uber-libertarian state. There are plenty of outsiders in the race, Nym might be upset, but Preston shouldn't be anywhere near the one to do it. NH strikes me as Hughento territory.
How exactly am I an uber-populist?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2005, 06:53:10 PM »

Well I'd certainly remove the 'uber', but you definitely a populist, whereas NH is generally a libertarian state.

That said, Bill Clinton didn't win it in 1992, but went on to win anyway.  So a defeat for you here doesn't rule you out. Wink
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #279 on: October 31, 2005, 10:02:08 PM »

Well I'd certainly remove the 'uber', but you definitely a populist, whereas NH is generally a libertarian state.

That said, Bill Clinton didn't win it in 1992, but went on to win anyway.  So a defeat for you here doesn't rule you out. Wink
Bill Clinton certainly came close, though.  He ran on a populist message.  Now, that doesn't mean rabidly advocating big government, that's not what populism is about.  Populism is about creating a government that works for the People.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2005, 09:26:45 AM »

Bill Clinton certainly came close, though.  He ran on a populist message.  Now, that doesn't mean rabidly advocating big government, that's not what populism is about.  Populism is about creating a government that works for the People.

But the whole concept of libertarianism is to not have the government have any significant part in the People's lives at all, wherever appropriate.  I can't speak for the entire populace of New Hampshire, but I think generally speaking they'd rather have the government just leave them alone than have it 'working for them'.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2005, 06:19:25 PM »

I think, considering the number of candidates, preston would be very fortunate to get over 15% in New Hampshire. The winner would, most likely, be either Gustaf or myself, with Nation maybe getting 5-10%
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #282 on: November 01, 2005, 09:58:45 PM »

I think, considering the number of candidates, preston would be very fortunate to get over 15% in New Hampshire. The winner would, most likely, be either Gustaf or myself, with Nation maybe getting 5-10%

NO I WILL WIN

AMERICA WILL REJECT PEOPLE WHO AREN'T EXTREME LIBERALS

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!111111111111
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2005, 07:54:09 PM »

New Hampshire Primary results: Democrats
by Bernie Walton Concord Journal

CONCORD- The crowded field of Democrats seeking the Presidency became smaller last night as the New Hampshire Primary resurrected the faltering campaigns of the Vice-President and a New York Senator:

G. Lundregen (MN): 20.2%; 11 delegates
H. Bartlett (IA): 18.3%; 9 delegates
K. Nation (NY): 18.0%, 9 delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 17.4%; 9 delegates
B. Tweed (NY): 8.1%
P. Kramer (AR): 6.8%
A. Realpolitik (WV): 5.8%
L. Longley (WA): 2.5%
N. Calvert (NC): 2.3%
J. L. Migrendel (MA): .6%   

The Vice-President was successfully able to use President Leip’s 77% approval ratings to take a narrow victory in New Hampshire, upsetting Senator Nyman with a fourth place finish. Lundregen, though very soft spoken and not drawn to the dramatics, gave a very well accepted victory address from the Concord Hilton ball room. “I want a nation that’s not moving left or right, but forward,” he declared on accepting his victory and 11 delegates.

Senators Bartlett and Nation were also ecstatic at their “victory” parties. “Thank you New Hampshire,” Bartlett boomed last night, “This is just another step onto on our road to the White House.” Bartlett had made economics his key platform in New Hampshire, stressing targeted tax cuts for the middle class. And it has seemed to pay off. Moderate New York Senator Kevin Nation, after being decimated in the Iowa Caucus, was overjoyed at his third place victory. “We will be a Nation once more,” was his campaign slogan and it was his theme in last night’s celebration.

Poor Senator Eric Nyman (D-MI) was forced to finish in fourth place. Being tagged as too much of a Washington beltway boy may have been his undoing. After being tied to the notorious “Dawson Union Scandal” (a 2029 scandal involving Senator Nyman and the Dawson Union of Auto Workers secretly funneling him funds in his reelection bid in 2028) in a 527 Ad by “Americans against the Beltway” Nyman collapsed in the polls. He has since recovered after the 527 was found to be blatantly twisting facts; it was still too late for his campaign in New Hampshire. Nyman leads in the upcoming Virginia, Arizona, and North Dakota Primaries.

New York Mayor Boss Tweed dropped out of the race last night after finishing fifth in the primary. “I blew this one big,” he stated in his concession address, “Blew every penny I had in this state and couldn’t get a single dilly-gate.” He was also heard to have said, “No wonder they call it the Granite State, it’s really hard to crack.” He has since endorsed Senator Nyman in the race for President.

Populism didn’t play well in New Hampshire as Senator Cosmo Kramer (D-AR) and Chairman Al Realpolitik (D-WV) finished below the 10% mark. Kramer, once again to the tune of his campaign song “Like a Bridge over Troubled Water”, declared he had no intentions of dropping out of this race. In a campaign address to the Nashua New Hampshire Young Democrats he declared, “If the great people of New Hampshire want an outsider; someone who will fight for the people and not the big special interests, they would be wise to vote for me.” It seems that this is not what they wanted, but he did perform better than expected. Realpolitik dropped out of the race last night and endorsed Senator Nyman. “We need to unite behind a strong nominee, and Nyman is that man,” he declared.

Liberals didn’t do much better as Senator Lucas Longley (D-WA), ACLIU Chairman Nick Calvert (D-NC), and Justice John Lowell Migrendel (D-MA) all finished horribly. “MY campaign is the coolest campaign ever,” Longley declared, “I will either win the Democratic nomination or be a really annoying Kucinich-like mosquito for actual front runners.” Calvert dropped out and endorsed Nyman for President and Migrendel now endorses Peter Bell for President. “Bell is the Constitutional mind we need for 2032,” Migrendel stated in a brief press conference. The judge known for supporting post-birth abortion finished with less than 1% of the vote last night.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2005, 08:20:13 PM »

Oh well, I guess a (moderate) populist can win New Hampshire after all. Wink

Excellent story again PB!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2005, 11:06:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hahaha, yes! Cheesy
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2005, 05:05:05 AM »

woo! Thanks, New Hampshire!

North Dakota and Arizona will be the states I focus on in the next few days, but I'll still run ads in Virginia.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2005, 02:35:46 PM »

I'm putting almost everything in the West and Delaware...
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2005, 04:43:18 PM »

I must say I'm dissapointed that I didn't receive the endorsement of the esteemed chairman Al Realpolitik, but I do believe his supporters will turn to me, a true fighter for the people.

As far as Mini-Tuesday I'm focusing on South Carolina, Missouri, Oklahoma, plus New Mexico and Arizona (particularly the hispanic population) to a lesser extent.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2005, 09:43:52 PM »

I've been endorsed by Migrendel. Yippee.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2005, 11:16:47 AM »

Now all you need is PD after he drops out, and you're all set.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2005, 11:37:06 AM »

Come on PBrunsel, update! Grin
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2005, 05:30:04 PM »

I've been so busy, but I do have most of Super Tuesday written for the Republicans.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2005, 01:01:02 AM »

I've been so busy, but I do have most of Super Tuesday written for the Republicans.

Don't worry, we can wait.  Or, at least, I can wait.  I don't know about the rest of these ingrates. Smiley
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

« Reply #294 on: November 19, 2005, 04:28:25 PM »

"There's a forgotten majority of Americans out there, who go to work, work hard, love their children, and pay their taxes...."
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2005, 07:22:12 PM »

Mini-Tuesday’s Results
by Wallace Kueeler, Campaign ‘32

The 2032 Campaign hit full tilt as the states of Arizona, Delaware, Missouri, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Carolina, and Virginia voted in Tuesday’s Primaries.

Republican Results

Arizona: 47 Delegates

D. Smith: 31.1%, 21 Delegates
S. Nicholas: 22.8%, 18 Delegates
J. Ford: 16.5%, 8 Delegates
P. Brunsel: 8.9%
C. Soult: 8.7%
J. Rights: 6.5%
C. Wixted: 2.4%
P. Dawson: 3.1%
A. Berger: 0.0%

Despite a late surge by Senator Steven Nicholas (WA) Senator Daniel Xavier Smith (WY) was able to win the Arizona Primary by a comfortable margin of 9-points. Governor Pedro Dawson’s last place finish ends his campaign for the Presidency effectively seeing how he had given a large amount of funds to this state.

Delaware: 12 Delegates

D. Smith: 21.2%, 3 Delegates
C. Soult: 21.0%, 3 Delegates
C. Wixted: 20.9%, 3 Delegates
S. Nicholas: 20.5%. 3 Delegates
J. Ford: 6.9%
J. Rights: 6.5%
P. Brunsel: 2.1%
A. Berger: .6%
J. Craddock: 0.3%
P. Dawson: 0.0%

Governor Andrew Berger (NY) ended his campaign with his overwhelming defeat in Delaware. He was unable to capitalize on his moderate positions to win Delaware, and has since be running in the red financially. Senator Smith’s narrow win has established him as more of a front-runner, but this could easily change in the following weeks.

Missouri: 44 Delegates
P. Brunsel: 28.9%, 23 Delegates
J. Ford: 18.7%, 8 Delegates
J. Rights: 18.6%, 6 Delegates
S. Nicholas: 17.5%, 4 Delegates
C. Soult: 11.3%, 3 Delegates
J. Craddock: 2.7%
C. Wixted: 2.3%
P. Dawson: 0.0%
A. Berger: 0.0%

Governor Paul Brunsel’s victory in Missouri is not a surprising one. Traveling aboard “The West Branch Line” Campaign Train, he made speeches in nearly every town in Missouri. His big win can be accounted to his huge appeal to small town and rural voters. John Ford’s second place finish was impressive as was Jeff Rights’ narrow third place finish. Rights won his first delegates in this primary, but is polling extremely well in the Deep South. Senator Smith was not on the ballot in Missouri due to late filing.

New Mexico: 36 Delegates
C. Soult: 31.2%, 17 Delegates [/u]
J. Ford: 28.7%, 13 Delegates
S. Nicholas: 11.2%, 3 Delegates
D. Smith: 10.3%, 3 Delegates
P. Dawson: 6.1%
P. Brunsel: 5.9%
J. Rights: 3.8%
C. Wixted: 1.7%
J. Craddock: 0.9%
A. Berger: 0.2%

New Mexico yielded surprising results as no one expected Senator Steven Nichols to place as well as he did. Soult’s more populist message resonated well with New Mexico voters, and this showed as he edged out Ford for victory.  Governors Dawson’s and Senator Rights’ militant anti-illegal immigration calls failed to play as well with the voters, and Senator Smith was able to take some delegates.

North Dakota: 12 Delegates
C. Wixted: 24.3%, 5 Delegates
P. Brunsel: 23.9%, 5 Delegates
C. Soult: 18.3%, 1 Delegate
J. Ford: 18.2%, 1 Delegate
D. Smith: 11.6%
J. Rights: 1.6%
A. Berger: 1.0%
P. Dawson: 0.8%
J. Craddock: 0.3%

Senator Wixted’s surprising win in North Dakota amazes me. He was polling at just 3% there a few months ago, but now has it won. Brunsel, the front-runner for most of the year, messed up by visiting Virginia on the eve of the primary, thus alienating some of his base: small town voters. Soult and Ford continue their bitter rivalry taking one delegate a piece. The race may come down to those two.

South Carolina: 38 Delegates
J. Rights: 31.3%, 32 Delegates
J. Craddock: 19.2%, 3 Delegates
P. Brunsel: 18.9%, 3 Delegates
P. Dawson: 10.5%
C. Soult: 8.9%
J. Ford: 5.3%
D. Smith: 3.5%
C. Wixted: 1.8%
A. Berger: 0.6%

The most conservative primary of the night expectedly gave Senator Rights a strong win. Reverend Craddock took second, but barely defeated Governor Brunsel. Rights declared in his victory speech, “It’s high time we restore the government back to the people, hang a few traitors, expose a few liars, and follow the lord and the law and the golden rule.”

Virginia: 56 Delegates
C. Soult: 22.7%, 18 Delegates
J. Rights: 22.6%, 18 Delegates
J. Craddock: 19.2%, 11 Delegates
J. Ford: 17.3%, 6 Delegates
P. Brunsel: 10.2%, 3 Delegates
C. Wixted: 3.5%
D. Smith: 1.8%
P. Dawson: 0.9%
A. Berger: 0.8%

The crucial endorsement of this race came from 2029 Republican Gubernatorial nominee, former Attorney general Matthew H. Stont. His endorsement of Soult two days before the primary gave him a narrow victory over favorite son Jeff Rights. Craddock may have also been responsible for his defeat. He sponged off a good amount of votes from him after all.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2005, 07:35:32 PM »

Dammit.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2005, 09:16:12 PM »

For my campaign:

Make upcoming primaries from the Plains states west to Alaska/Hawaii top priority. Also, focus more on the Northeast (except for Pennsylvania - chances there are nil), especially Maine. Don't campaign too much in the Deep South (maybe do some campaigining in Texas, though) or Appalachia. Focus Midwest efforts on Indiana, lesser extent Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin (although a Brunsel win in those three seems fairly likely). If the primary is upcoming, really charm 'em in Colorado - if I lose there, I'm probably toast (but don't just drop out yet...). Maine too, to a lesser extent. California and Washington state will be tough, but don't give up too easily - California especially could net a quite a few delegates even for a defeat. Another big state to look at is New York - appeal to 'Wall Street'-type fiscal conservatives.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #298 on: November 22, 2005, 05:24:45 PM »

I should focus on New York.  Try and get Andrew's endorsement.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #299 on: November 22, 2005, 11:00:58 PM »

yea!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length