Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:18:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 62731 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2005, 12:58:50 PM »

In the next round I will fight for West Virginia (#1, which I expect to win), Oklahoma and Ohio most strongly.  Look to me also courting the labor vote, and if not the AFL-CIO because of Al, then alternative groups.  I will focus on raising the minimum wage, urban and rural economic developement, fair trade, and better healthcare and universal coverage.  I will also put a bit of money and effort into Maryland and Indiana.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

The states I want to focus on for each date... (+'s mean criticalness to campaign success).

March 23rd is the date I really need to get Big Mo going. For the meantime, Colorado is of supreme importance. Cruise along by getting at least some delegates in Wisconsin/Illinois and focusing Southern Tuesday efforts on Texas. In the Northeast, concentrate on Maine, lesser extent the NYC periphiary.
Fight until the end - after all, the most solid states are coming then (Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana). 

Mini-Tuesday II- February 17th, 2032
Oklahoma++
Indiana+
Colorado+++++

Super Tuesday - March 2nd, 2032
Illinois+++
Washington+
Wisconsin+++

Southern Tuesday- March 16th, 2032
Texas++++

Assorted Other Primaries- March 23rd, 2032
Alaska+++
California++++
Hawaii++
Kansas++++
Minnesota++
Nebraska++++
Nevada+++++
Oregon++
South Dakota+++

Big Eastern Primary- April 6th, 2032
Connecticut++
Washington, D.C.++
Maine+++++
New Jersey+++
New York++++

Florida- April 13th, 2032
+++

Last of Them Primaries- May 4th, 2032
Montana++++
Idaho++++
Wyoming++++
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2005, 07:06:32 PM »

Why aren't NY and CA on Super Tuesday?  They're always on Super Tuesday.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2005, 07:11:52 PM »

Why aren't NY and CA on Super Tuesday?  They're always on Super Tuesday.

Because I didn't want to give away too many delegates at one time.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2005, 09:35:21 PM »

Democratic Primary Delegate Total
Nym 124
Cosmo Kramer 98
Gustaf 69
Hughento 28
Nation 9
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #330 on: November 27, 2005, 05:38:12 AM »

ouch. I thought I was doing better then that....maybe a case of Hugh for VP!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #331 on: December 14, 2005, 09:37:30 PM »

I'll get back to work on this over Christmas Break, when i'll have a good deal of free time.

Thanks to all who have read this story. Smiley
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2005, 04:22:38 PM »

?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »

Super Tuesday Revisited: The Republican Race Still Too Close to Call
By Wallace Kueeler, Campaign ‘32

FROM THE DESK OF THE EDITOR-

With the next round of primaries for the Grand Old Party done, last night still did not produce a clear front-runner. As the states of Colorado, Indiana, Maryland, Ohio, Oklahoma, and West Virginia voted in record primary turnouts last night, all the hopefuls held their breath.

Colorado: 47 Delegates
D. Smith: 24.1%, 17 Delegates
J. Ford: 23.5%, 15 Delegates
C. Soult: 23.3%, 15 Delegates
S. Nichols: 11.7%
P. Brunsel: 9.6%
C. Wixted: 6.3%
J. Rights: 1.2%
Others (including Craddock): 0.3%

Ford’s Campaign was once again denied a victory in a primary, this time by a margin of 573 Votes. Smith was able to use his neighboring state advantage as well as his libertarian economic views to pander well to voters who may have been on the fence between Ford and himself. Soult’s narrow loss has reinvigorated his campaign, as he looks forward to the endorsements of the Populist Republican League and the Bull Moose Republicans, led by former Congressman Bill Moose of his own Pennsylvania. Brunsel’s campaign has declared that they are disappointed by his inability to win over enough agricultural and small town voters to overtake Senator Nicholas, who seems to be thinking of dropping out of the race. Jeff Rights and Josh Craddock fought for the endorsement of Focus on the Family, which went on to say that it did not endorse candidates. What an irony.

Indiana: 42 Delegates
P. Brunsel: 33.3%, 25 Delegates
S. Nichols: 28.3%, 15 Delegates
C. Soult: 16.2%, 2 Delegates
J. Ford: 7.9%
C. Wixted: 5.8%
J. Rights: 4.1%
D. Smith: 2.6%
J. Craddock: 1.6%
Others: 0.1%

“This state has produced more second rate men then any other in the history of our Republic,” Thomas Marshall, Vice-President, commented on Indiana. Brunsel did not run a second rate campaign in the Hoosier State, but he only defeated Senate Minority Leader Nichols by a few points. His hope was to win the state overwhelmingly, giving him considerable strength for the primaries in Michigan, Wisconsin, and other Great lake States. Unfortunately, this was not to be. Soult was also able to pick up a few delegates, a pair to be exact.

Maryland:  43 Delegates
J. Rights: 22.1%, 12 Delegates [/i]
C. Soult: 22.1%, 12 Delegates
D. Smith: 22.0%, 12 Delegates
J. Ford: 19.4%, 7 Delegates
C. Wixted: 6.2%
P. Brunsel: 3.3%
S. Nichols: 3.1%
J. Craddock: 1.8%

I’m as surprised as anyone: Neo-Confederate Senator Jeff Rights has won the Maryland Primary. He lived in Maryland for much of his early life, just like Senator Smith, and was able to secure enough of a turnout from rural Marylanders to offset Smith’s support from the larger cities (and let’s face it, ever since former Governor Martin O’Malley’s election in 2006, Baltimore hasn’t had a more than 6 Republicans). To the tunes of “Dixie” Rights celebrated his upset win over Governor Soult by a margin of 48 votes.

Ohio: 86 Delegates
C. Soult: 19.3%,20 
J. Ford: 19.2%, 20 Delegates
P. Brunsel: 19.1%, 20 Delegates
S. Nichols: 18.0%,, 16 Delegates
C. Wixted: 17.9%, 10 Delegates
J. Rights: 3.2%
D. Smith: 2.7%
J. Craddock (NC) and others: 0.6%

Soult has Ford red in the face with anger as he has failed to win another primary, and lose it by just such a little amount. The margin of 989 Votes separated Soult and Ford, and perhaps Brunsel played spoiler for Ford in several rural counties that he won over Ford by a few votes. Former Governor Mike Naso even made an appearance at a Brunsel Campaign Appearance where he passed gas while yelling, “Brunsel for President!” The landslided candidate of 2028 left the speakers platform with a red face.

Oklahoma: 36 Delegates
J. Ford: 42.2%, 28 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 36.3%, 8 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 6.2%
D. Smith (WY): 6.1%
J. Rights (FL): 4.3%
S. Nichols (WA): 2.6%
C. Wixted (PA): 1.5%
J. Craddock (NC) and others: 0.8%

As was expected, John Ford was able to pull of a victory in his first primary victory of the season. The big surprise of the night was Governor Brunsel’s strong second place victory. He had been polling behind Soult one week before the primary, but no one expected what would occur. A source known only as “Sore Throat” (no it was not me) leaked to the press what he considered “incriminating” evidence that than Lieutenant Governor  Soult was given a memo which gave forewarning of the 2019 dirty bomb strike in a Philadelphia Train Station. As we know, this bomb strike nearly resulted in the death of former Senator Robert Casey, Jr. (D-PA). This story has been disproved, but it hurt Soult enough to reduce his vote totals for the entire night. Primaries he narrowly lost could have been won had “Sore Throat” simply kept quiet.

West Virginia: 28 Delegates
C. Soult (PA): 33.6%, 20 Delegates
J. Rights (FL): 22.2%, 4 Delegates
J. Craddock (NC): 20.7%, 4 Delegates
P. Brunsel (IA): 12.4%
J. Ford (CA): 6.3%
C. Wixted (PA): 2.9%
S. Nichols (WA): 1.6%
D. Smith (WY): 0.3%

Libertarian minded Republicans need not apply in West Virginia, as the populist Governor Soult crushes his nearest opposition in the from of Senator Rights. Reverend Craddock, putting all his resources in West Virginia, was only able to take third. His lack of experience and his “foot-in-mouth syndrome” seem to have taken a toll on his second campaign for the presidency. Craddock is much like a Quale-figure, in my opinion, He is extremely intelligent, but seems dumb in some of the stiff he says. He declared at a rally in Charleston last week that all homosexuals were hell-bound. This may be true, I’m not a religious man myself, but is that really an issue in this race? Governor Brunsel aboard the “Spirit of West branch” was able to take over 10% of the vote, most likely costing Rights the win in this state. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #334 on: December 30, 2005, 02:56:16 PM »

That was certainly a mixed bag of victories.  Still no clear frontrunner.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #335 on: December 30, 2005, 02:59:53 PM »

Hugh I'll give you my VP spot if you drop out and endorse me, jk.

PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2005, 03:42:52 PM »

This "Sore Throat" Charecter will make more visits throughout the campaign, so beware!
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2005, 03:58:05 PM »

I didn't even know that you were still doing this PB but this is great. Keep up the good work. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2005, 03:59:01 PM »

This "Sore Throat" Charecter will make more visits throughout the campaign, so beware!
I bet its that guy from America's Most Wanted or Osama's corpse. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2005, 04:07:15 PM »

Can I actually control what I do and try to concentrate on certain areas? If I can I would like to try and concentrate on the Northeast and the West, especially California, Oregon, Arizona, Washington, and Nevada. In the Northeast concentrate on Maine, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Maryland. Also concentrate on Georgia and Florida in the South.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2005, 04:33:38 PM »

Great job PB, keep it coming! Grin
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2005, 04:50:48 PM »

In the next round I will fight for West Virginia (#1, which I expect to win), Oklahoma and Ohio most strongly.  Look to me also courting the labor vote, and if not the AFL-CIO because of Al, then alternative groups.  I will focus on raising the minimum wage, urban and rural economic developement, fair trade, and better healthcare and universal coverage.  I will also put a bit of money and effort into Maryland and Indiana.
Just for reference, PBrunsel.  I intend to fight hard to the very end.

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2005, 05:56:21 PM »

Delegate count:

Soult       138
Ford        113
Brunsel   104
Rights       65
Nichols      68
Smith        56
Craddock  18
Wixted      18
Berger      11
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2005, 07:05:26 PM »

Super Tuesday Revisited: Nyman still holds considerable lead as rivals fall apart

Senate Majority Leader Nyman has a campaign that is to be envied by even President Leip. Last night he won a slam dunk over his nearest rivals, Vice-President Lundregen and Senator Bartlett.

Colorado: 47 Delegates
H. Bartlett (IA): 32.1% 26 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 23.6%, 18 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 15.8%, 3 Delegates
K. Nation (NY): 12.6%
L. Longley (WA): 12.2%
P. Kramer (AR): 3.7%

Senator Bartlett’s win in Colorado was the only bright spot he saw all night. He spent huge quantities of capital and talent in Colorado hoping for a huge win, which he got. He defeated Nyman by a comfortable margin, but he is now in financial peril. He is expected to mortgage off his home in his native Australia to pay for his now indebted campaign. It looks like Americans may not vote for their first gay president in November. On a brighter note, the long-shot candidacy of Senator Longley was able to break 10%, leaving Senator Kramer eating his proverbial dust.

Indiana: 42 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 42.2%, 42 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 21.3%
P. Kramer (AR): 16.3%
K. Nation (NY): 10.8%
H. Bartlett (IA): 7.6%
L. Longley (WA): 1.8%

Nyman simply blew away his opponents in Indiana. The home state of powerful Independent candidate Attorney General Peter Bell, this Great Lakes State seems signal that Nyman will win comfortable victories in Ohio, Wisconsin, and, of course, his home state of Michigan. Senator Kramer did make a splash, literally, in Indiana when a heckler decided to throw some “holy water” from a bucket on him as he spoke to a crowd of laborers in Terre Haute. The Senator caught a cold, but is recovering quickly.

Maryland:  43 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 48.3%, 35 Delegates
K. Nation (NY): 33.3%, 8 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 6.2%
H. Bartlett (IA): 5.7%
P. Kramer (AR): 3.3%
L. Longley (WA): 3.2%

Maryland gave a huge vote of confidence to Eric Nyman over their native son Senator Nation. This was entirely expected however, but the margin of victory of Nyman was not. The last Harvard Polls revelaed he had 36% to Nation’s 34%, but I guess this proves never to listen to what a bunch of drunken frat boys tell you. Kramer’s attempts to turn the state into a Southern one failed, so his “Southerners for a Southron” didn’t work in this border state. I guess it was Antieitem for the Christian Senator.

Ohio: 86 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 41.3%, 58 Delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 33.9%, 28 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 11.7%
H. Bartlett (IA): 6.2%
K. Nation (NY): 5.3%
L. Longley (WA): 1.6%

Call it the luck of the Southron, but Senator Kramer pulled of one of the biggest upsets I have ever seen. His campaign of raising the minimum wage to $7.00 and of expanding workman’s compensation played well with the blue collar workers of Ohio, and Kramer not only beat expected second place finisher Vice-President Lundregen in a route, but stopped Nyman from topping 50%. Kramer’s campaign, I must admit, is a simple one, but that’s its appeal. Simply declaring that he stands for, “The man who works at a factory, a mill, a mine, or a farm,” Kramer may have position himself for the Vice-Presidential nomination or if his steam keeps, up the Oval Office. “As long as there is a laborer who is oppressed by his manger,” Kramer made in a triumphant address from a Union Workhouse in Canton, “I will run for the Presidency.”

Oklahoma: 36 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 35.1%, 18 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 33.2%, 15 Delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 26.3%, 3 Delegates
H. Bartlett (IA): 4.2%
K. Nation (NY): 1%
L. Longley (WA): 0.2%

Vice-President Lundregen was all smiles as he saw this result come in, because he never expected it. His campaign has been steadily going down hill since his win in New Hampshire, so he had given up hope of upsetting Nyman. He did one last minute barnstorm through the state two days ago, and here he is winning a narrow victory over Nyman. Kramer had tried to use the Southern card again, but he seems to have overused it, and he was banished to only winning three delegates.

West Virginia: 28 Delegates
P. Kramer (AR): 46.2%, 16 Delegates
E. Nyman (MI): 44.1%, 12 Delegates
G. Lundregen (MN): 6.3%
L. Longley (WA): 2.3%
H. Bartlett (IA): 0.8%
K. Nation (NY): 0.3%

Senator Kramer put a lot of money into West Virginia, won the endorsements of the United Coal Workers, Fraternal Brotherhood of Steel Workers, and the Farmer and Industrial Workman’s Union, and he was only able to edge out the powerful Nyman Campaign. Nyman didn’t even visit West Virginia until the night before the primary, and he still nearly won the primary.

On the third party scene California Lieutenant Governor and Forgotten Majority Candidate for President G. Leonard Hobbes won all but one primary last night, which was Oklahoma. He lost it to his running-mate Representative Dibble of Georgia.   
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2005, 07:25:14 PM »

In the mean time, Governor Chris Verin of Minnesota jumped up on Oprah's couch in a bid for attention, earning him one write-in vote in his native Indiana.  Yay Governor Verin!
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #345 on: December 30, 2005, 07:53:16 PM »

Updated Delegate Totals

Nym 304
Cosmo Kramer 153
Gustaf 90
Hughento 54
Nation 9
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #346 on: December 30, 2005, 07:53:48 PM »

And another great update PB! Smiley
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #347 on: December 30, 2005, 10:27:30 PM »

At this point, I'm going to go out on a limb and consider that Chris Soult and Eric Nyman are meant to be the candidates, and Nyman will narrowly win, only to lose re-election in 2036 to Gustaf Tongue.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2005, 03:05:30 AM »

PBrunsel, did you have to make me rip a fart on stage?
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2005, 03:13:04 AM »

After the loss in the Oklahoma primary to his own Vice Presidential candidate, Hobbes spun it off well, claiming that it showed Dibble's broad appeal and qualifaction to be "a heartbeat from the presidency".

(Nice work PB!  Keep it up!)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies