Office of Governor Madman Motley (Campaign Announcement!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:18:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor Madman Motley (Campaign Announcement!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Governor Madman Motley (Campaign Announcement!)  (Read 3038 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2015, 01:24:59 PM by Governor MadmanMotley »

Welcome to my office, I have been delayed somewhat in setting up this office, given the shock of the resignation of my predecessor, and other issues that I have needed to resolve. I welcome all to come forward and ask questions of me here.

I am still looking for a Lieutenant Governor, as very few have even expressed even the remotest interest. So if you are interested in the position, please send me a personal message.

When it comes to current legislation, I currently support the Fix the Constitution Act proposed by Assemblyman Truman, as I believe it will help the Mideast in clarification of duties, and set a good example by showing other regions that constitutions can be fixed, all it takes is a bit of effort and working together. Now when it comes to the most recent piece of legislation, repealing the Right to Life act, in the current form of the bill I strongly oppose this repeal. I am open to debate and working to separate immigration and abortion laws, but the current legislation on the table does not reflect that.

Thank you, and Dave bless you all.

-Governor MadmanMotley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:44:47 AM »

Greetings, Governor. Congratulations on your elevation to the highest office in our region!

Your post says that very few Mideasterners, if any, are actually interested in serving as your Lt. Governor. Well, I'd be willing to serve in that position. However, if there is a less senior citizen who really wants the job I will gladly yield to them.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »

As awesome as it would be to have a curler as Lt. Governor, I would be greatly concerned if both the Governor and Lt. Governor were conservatives.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 03:55:17 PM »

I have expressed via pm a couple weeks ago and my interest still stands.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »

Good evening my fellow citizens, a terrible crisis has gripped our great nation, threatening to tear us apart at the seams. As governor it is my duty to enforce the laws established by this region, and that is what I intend to do. While I understand the frustrations of some of these separatists, it is not with an overthrow of government that needs to be the act of change. But what we need, the whole country, including the separatists, is unity, unity of government and the people, unity of the regions, and unity among citizens. Without this unity this land with fall apart, and we will be vulnerable. As the great president Abraham Lincoln said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand. But this action of these separatists demands a reaction, and that is why I am calling the national guard and the Mideast Volunteer Militia into West Virginia, and along the border states. Their orders are to enforce the laws of the Mideast, and not to fire upon unless deliberately attacked first. I call upon my fellow citizens to look on each other, you are not enemies, but brothers, and while we have disagreements, we must work together to solve our problems.

Thank You.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »

(Governor Madman announcing his election bid)

Good afternoon, after much thought, discussion, and reflection, I have decided to run for a full term as Mideast Governor. I have had a short run here as Governor after the resignation of TDAS, but I feel that my time is not yet up. Over the course of just a month we have been working hard to fix the Mideast Constitution, reform immigration and abortion laws, and had referendums on the Atlasian Constitution.

Over the course of a few months, our budget will be decided, and we need someone who stands for economic stability and government responsibility in fiscal matters. I have been in the Assembly during budgetary sessions, and I run only to represent the hard working Mideasterner, who deserves responsible government.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 05:44:52 PM »

Endorsed, Governor, and best of luck in the campaign trail!
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 05:39:16 PM »

Governor, this bill has passed the assembly.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 07:43:10 AM »

[/quote]
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »

[/quote]
Why has shua voted against it if it only "simplified" abortion?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »

Why has shua voted against it if it only "simplified" abortion?

He disliked that rape was included as an exception to the ban on abortions after the 16th week.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »

Please, Please veto that bill
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 04:17:14 PM »

For the record, the "Simplify Abortion Laws Act" does not actually change the status quo of abortion regulation in the Mideast. Its purpose was to consolidate the three laws that currently govern abortion services into a single bill. While I and others in the Assembly would have preferred to liberalize these laws in the process, the sponsor felt that such a bill was unlikely to gain the governor's approval. If the progressive coalition wins the governorship this week, you can bet your boots we'll work to remedy this situation.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 04:18:40 PM »

For the record, the "Simplify Abortion Laws Act" does not actually change the status quo of abortion regulation in the Mideast. Its purpose was to consolidate the three laws that currently govern abortion services into a single bill. While I and others in the Assembly would have preferred to liberalize these laws in the process, the sponsor felt that such a bill was unlikely to gain the governor's approval. If the progressive coalition wins the governorship this week, you can bet your boots we'll work to remedy this situation.

Well, I still don't understand why shua voted against it if it changes nothing.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 05:37:39 PM »

Heh. Believe it or not, this an incremental improvement over the status quo for us choicers. All the anti-choice provisions have just been moved from the repealed bills to one bill, and some contradictions clarified (in favour of choice, nonetheless). I couldn't get any significant repeal through the governor but I feel like this is a good compromise that will make laws easier to understand.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 10:05:13 AM »

It changes the Mideast Right to Life Act to say that an unborn child is not protected from a late term abortion if conceived through rape or incest.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 06:39:06 PM »

It changes the Mideast Right to Life Act to say that an unborn child is not protected from a late term abortion if conceived through rape or incest.

And why I would've also voted nay.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 09:16:59 PM »

I must veto this.
[/quote]

I must also veto this.

Now for those who ask why, it is because I agree with Shua on the issues of post-16 week abortions.

Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 09:36:56 PM »

The abortion debate I am willing to settle latter. But I immediately motion for a veto override on the No Heart of Stone Act.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 09:59:57 PM »

In a campaign note, please write-in JCL for Lt. Governor.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 10:01:59 PM »

Governor, I'm afraid you are too late to veto the "No Heart of Stone Act" 

Quote from: Restricted
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »

In a campaign note, please write-in JCL for Lt. Governor.

Well, we certainly know who the pro-life ticket is.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 10:10:54 PM »

So I am, I wished to have been able to sign or veto both these laws at once, as I believe the separation of immigration and abortion is a good thing. I in fact supported the No Heart of Stone Act, but wished that both these bills take effect together or not at all.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 10:18:36 PM »

So I am, I wished to have been able to sign or veto both these laws at once, as I believe the separation of immigration and abortion is a good thing. I in fact supported the No Heart of Stone Act, but wished that both these bills take effect together or not at all.

Given that the arguable changes to abortion regulations under SALA were relatively slight, might you then have signed it for this reason? To be honest, it's a bit of a slap in the face to the progressives who really stretched their consciences voting for this bill to veto it because it's not exactly what you wanted it to be.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 02:24:59 PM »

I have cancelled the veto override vote since the Stone Act has become law already.

Still, you got that wish since the Right to Life Act now consists of only abortion-related laws.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies