Opinion of 'Safe Space' policies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:35:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of 'Safe Space' policies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-space
Freedom Policies

Horrible Policies

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Opinion of 'Safe Space' policies  (Read 1451 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »

lmao
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:48:10 AM »
« Edited: April 23, 2015, 10:50:56 AM by Matt from VT »

^pretty much the only reaction. It's basically the equivalent of forcing kids to call everyone in their class "friend," a horrible practice many schools in this once great country are participating in.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:17:08 AM »

^pretty much the only reaction. It's basically the equivalent of forcing kids to call everyone in their class "friend," a horrible practice many schools in this once great country are participating in.
These are for adult college students, not kids.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »

The wikipedia link and your quote are talking about completely different things.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 11:33:43 AM »

The wikipedia link and your quote are talking about completely different things.

Yeah, I'd generally associate the term with what the NYT article describes - a cringeworthy right-on attempt to infantilise and coddle, rather than the Wiki link, which seems to be basically describing gay bars.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »

These are for adult college students, not kids.

Wait, what? Lololololol
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »

safe spaces aren't mandatory Roll Eyes
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »

It won't be long before that's not true any more if the trend of politically correct campus activism continues.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »

Embodiment of modern America.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 12:42:12 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2015, 12:49:13 PM by evergreen »

It won't be long before that's not true any more if the trend of politically correct campus activism continues.

Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »

KEK
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »

Some students deal with trauma that might need some special care so I'd want to be careful about discounting this completely. The problem comes in the context of a college environment where it is considered normal and healthy for a student to experience viewpoints they don't like as a form of aggression.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »

Exactly. It's the same people who support the political correctness police that insist safe spaces are only "optional havens for those around us," or that GMO-labeling is only for making "informed decisions." Next thing you know, we'll all be rotting in a jail for not believing that Oswald acted alone, or the same people who once told us that they just want to ban smoking in public for "public health" reasons, and now they're coming for all of our smokes, food, and our liberty.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »

Exactly. It's the same people who support the political correctness police that insist safe spaces are only "optional havens for those around us," or that GMO-labeling is only for making "informed decisions." Next thing you know, we'll all be rotting in a jail for not believing that Oswald acted alone, or the same people who once told us that they just want to ban smoking in public for "public health" reasons, and now they're coming for all of our smokes, food, and our liberty.
You forgot the precious bodily fluids.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »

bro i think you accidentally posted to the wrong forum. you want the alex jones forums
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »

I can understand wanting to provide a safe spot for those who have been victims of rape, or have PTSD, and etc, but if it's just because someone heard an opinion they didn't like, I don't see the need for "safe spaces". Besides, the Internet is a thing. You can easily navigate the internet to build a safe space for yourself.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »

Seeing as I'm cosmopolitan degenerate, I approve of "Safe Spaces".
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »

I can understand wanting to provide a safe spot for those who have been victims of rape, or have PTSD, and etc, but if it's just because someone heard an opinion they didn't like, I don't see the need for "safe spaces". Besides, the Internet is a thing. You can easily navigate the internet to build a safe space for yourself.
Heck, you can make Atlas into your own "safe space" if you put everyone on ignore.

I am really tempted to do that for a day.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 06:15:49 PM »

Heck, you can make Atlas into your own "safe space" if you put everyone on ignore.

I am really tempted to do that for a day.

There is a limit (50?) somewhere. I have never hit it myself, but some posters have. Oldies complained about not being able to put more people on ignore.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »

I mean, if the options are cookies and coloring books for rape victims or these bizarre slippery slope conspiracy theories where teenagers on tumblr are somehow going to mandate that all males are castrated at birth, then I think the answer is obvious.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 07:24:46 PM »

I mean, if the options are cookies and coloring books for rape victims or these bizarre slippery slope conspiracy theories where teenagers on tumblr are somehow going to mandate that all males are castrated at birth, then I think the answer is obvious.

u feminazi, i bet u support the war on whites as well!!! why can't white people join black student groups? sounds like #whitegenocide! Angry
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »

^These aren't just for rape victims, they're for anyone who hears something that offends their "deeply held beliefs." The equivalent would be a conservative reading the posting history of you two and then retreating to a nursery room in fetal position so he could "recover."

In fact, it's pretty funny that you sarcastically mock people whoa re against this stuff, when the reason these things exist is because people can't handle their beliefs being attacked or criticized.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 07:31:28 PM »

i see deus "hey you should take dating advice from actual literal rapists" naturae has chimed in
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies