Opinion of 'Safe Space' policies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:59:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of 'Safe Space' policies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-space
Freedom Policies

Horrible Policies

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Opinion of 'Safe Space' policies  (Read 1453 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »

i see deus "hey you should take dating advice from actual literal rapists" naturae has chimed in
Even assuming that having sex with a drunk woman is equivalent to rape and I am in fact a supporter of rapists, that's irrelevant to the validity of my statements in this thread and is nothing more than an ad hominem.

Just because my posts offend you is no excuse to employ logical fallacies. However, feel free to curl up like a baby and do some coloring.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2015, 08:27:40 PM by evergreen »

i see deus "hey you should take dating advice from actual literal rapists" naturae has chimed in
Even assuming that having sex with a drunk woman is equivalent to rape and I am in fact a supporter of rapists, that's irrelevant to the validity of my statements in this thread and is nothing more than an ad hominem.

Just because my posts offend you is no excuse to employ logical fallacies. However, feel free to curl up like a baby and do some coloring.

some quotes from your hero: [tw]

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

and yes, this kind of thing is very relevant given we're talking about treatment of rape victims. (among others)

(bonus quote:)

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 10:28:31 PM »

I understand why people have the desire to create groups which exclude people who hold particular views. Frankly, it's none of my concern that some feminists desire feminist organizations that exclude men. Women have women's groups in churches and other social organizations that function in a similar manner.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 11:24:40 PM »

I have no problem with the concept, though of course as is often the case with things like this they tend to get stretched to such a ridiculous degree. Create a safe space for trauma victims? Fine. Can't handle people disagreeing with you in a civil manner? Get over yourself.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 11:28:14 PM »

^These aren't just for rape victims, they're for anyone who hears something that offends their "deeply held beliefs." The equivalent would be a conservative reading the posting history of you two and then retreating to a nursery room in fetal position so he could "recover."

In fact, it's pretty funny that you sarcastically mock people whoa re against this stuff, when the reason these things exist is because people can't handle their beliefs being attacked or criticized.

It's sadly typical of a lot of folks these days. The only viewpoint worthy of respect is their own. They look down upon everyone else, but when you disagree with them then they go all shrinking violet on you.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2015, 01:22:21 AM »

So this guy would abolish the bob haircut?

Guillotine pls.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 01:22:48 AM »

I have no problem with the concept, though of course as is often the case with things like this they tend to get stretched to such a ridiculous degree. Create a safe space for trauma victims? Fine. Can't handle people disagreeing with you in a civil manner? Get over yourself.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 04:52:04 AM »

Marokai's more or less right here. These policies exist for entirely legitimate reasons and not having such spaces would create problems for people for whom they genuinely would be needed, but the potential for abuse is massive, obvious, and really difficult to do anything about. Voted Freedom Policies mostly because Horrible Policies was winning so heavily.

Even assuming that having sex with a drunk woman is equivalent to rape

Leave now and never come back.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 05:54:39 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2015, 05:57:44 AM by Antonio V »

I find them highly misguided, because if there's something wrong with society, the solution is to confront it in order to eradicate it, not to pretend it doesn't exist. That said, as someone who doesn't have any reason to need them, I have no ground to judge those who claim they do. Safe spaces have never hurt anybody, so if someone wants to have one, let them have it.

Voted FP
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies