Windjammer/Franzl for Mideast Governor/Mideast Lieutenant Governor (Thank you)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:56:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Windjammer/Franzl for Mideast Governor/Mideast Lieutenant Governor (Thank you)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Windjammer/Franzl for Mideast Governor/Mideast Lieutenant Governor (Thank you)  (Read 2364 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »
« edited: May 25, 2015, 06:00:24 AM by Mideast Senator and Senate speaker windjammer »

Fellow Mideasterners, Franzl and I are announcing our bid for Mideast Governor/Mideast Lieutenant Governor. Cheesy

I know this is highly unusual for a senate speaker to run for governor because the    PPT/Speakers generally want to remain senator until their defeat/retirement or use this position in order to launch their presidential bid, but the Mideast Governor office has always been my *dream job* when I decided to move to the Mideast. I have frankly never really been interested by the office of senator until I decided to run for this office twice now.

Why am I running for this office? Simply to get stuff done. The Mideast has never really had a leftwing majority, and I would like to be the first center-leftwinger to be elected as Mideast Governor (for quite a long time now, TDAS04 was elected Lt Governor not Governor). I have many projects for this region that Franzl and I need to finalize before publishing it.

My term as Midwest representative, Midwest Lt Governor and Midwest Governor represent a great period for me, that's why I would like to be back in regional government, this time in the Mideast! When I was in the MW government, I was politically young. I'm now much more politically experimented with my terms as MW Governor, Lt Governor, senator and senate speaker. For example, I understand much more the divide between regional government and federal government, I know the federal laws very well (I'm the speaker so that's obvious).

I have now many political contacts as well: I have good relations with every current senator (I wouldn't have been elected speaker otherwise), I have good relations with the current administration (the president, the VP, the SoIA and GM, etc). And all these relations will be useful for implementing projects in coordination with the federal governments.

Why I have chosen to pick up Franzl as Mideast Lieutenant Governor? Simply because he's perfect for this job. He's an old buddy, even before I was in the region. He's experimented (he was a former senator, former member of the ME legislature,...). And he's motivated to be an elected officeholder again.

If you have any questions, we are available Smiley.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »

My fellow citizens, my friends, People of the Mideast,

it is my great pleasure to once again offer my candidacy for elected office in our great region. Although it has been a while, I believe I have a strong record in the Mideast and throughout Atlasia of getting things accomplished. This region is where everything started for me when I was first elected to the Assembly many years ago. Through my return now, I want to get started by being part of an executive branch that will undoubtedly be very successful with my good friend Windjammer leading the way.

Although many things have changed as time has gone by, one thing has not: My committment to serving the People above all else. This is the basis for any and all action I take, and I would not join this ticket were I not convinced that Windjammer sees it exactly the same way.

My friends, help us lead our beloved region back to peace and prosperity for the People.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »

Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 12:45:48 PM »

Hmmmm? Problem with barrier language again? Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 12:47:16 PM »

I saw this and immediately got all hot and bothered!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 12:50:50 PM »

wow that's one of the best possible tickets for anything. y'all should run for president instead
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

THANK GOD! Endorsed!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 02:18:30 PM »

I'd love to see you become Governor. Endorsed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »

Glorious news! You two are highly experimented and I know you will excite at the job!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 02:47:48 PM »

I can't wait to see the next four months of experimenting from you to. Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 03:00:20 PM »

No experiments

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »

Not endorsed Sad

I want Franzl to run for Governor and Windjammer to remain in the Senate Sad
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 03:48:06 PM »

endorsed
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 03:04:48 AM »

I won't be joking on the "experimented" gaffe because that could've been me Tongue

Good luck for you two Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 12:27:47 PM »

You have my enthusiastic support, Windjammer and Franzl! Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 06:13:25 AM »

[quote]
For an ambitious Mideast
Part 1 : Economic agenda
* Budget : Our main goal will be to pass a budget for the fiscal year of 2015. This is really a shame that not a such budget has passed. We are theorically in a government shutdown for now 5 MONTHS. This is unacceptable. If elected governor and lieutenant governor, we will sponsor a budget. Our main goal will be to reduce the income tax for the low income and to completely abolish the sales tax. How would we be able to do that ? By introducing a property tax, a tax that has been successfully adopted in the Midwest and in the Northeast. And by introducing a tax on prostitution. The federal government legalized prostitution, clearly stating as well that taxes should be made at state level. No such tax currently exists and with a such prostitution tax, we could get approximately 5Billions more in term of revenue.
*Detroit : Fortunately, with all the federal program, poverty in the Mideast has been significantly reduced. However, Detroit remains an important problem : high unemplyment rate, risk of bankruptcy,… The Mideast needs to save this town and if elected, saving Detroit will be a major part of our term. Helping businesses to create jobs in Detroit by reducing the corporate tax here, helping this city to have saner finances,…
* Children : We acknoledge there is nothing more important than children in our society. That’s why our term will be focused on 2 things :
- Child allowances : Becoming a father and a mother is important and we need to help people who want to raise childs.
-Education : Thanks God, federal laws significantly improved student’s condititions by reducing substantially the cost of studies for students. However, we can do better. Here are some of our ideas :
     -shifting from school district based funding to a centralized regional system. That would be a positive step towards equality of opportunity.
     -  helping financially who have to leave their house in order to study, because indeed, apartments can be really expensive for students .

Part 2 : Social agenda
*Marriage : Well, the federal government basically abolished the institution of marriage at federal level. There is actually no such marriage law in the Mideast, so basically, not a single marriage is recognized by the Mideast right now. We do plan to introduce a law legalizing same-sex and opposite-sex marriage.
*Police : The Mideast has been hurt recently by the tragic events both in Ferguson and in Baltimore. There are many problems between the police and the population. A federal law risks soon be voted, funding the regions (which wish to participate to this program) to implement a  provision of force-wide badge cameras for police officers. If elected, we plan to participate to this effort :
- it will cost nothing because the federal government would fully cover it.
- it would reduce massively at the same time violence made by the small minority of police officers and made against the police officers. We do believe implementing it would represent a major opportunity to reduce violence in our region.

Part 3 : Technical changes
-   The Mideast Assembly’s rules : we plan to propose a bill improving the current rules’ system of the Althing. Indeed, the current system is far from being perfect. My experience as the current speaker of the senate will help me to propose new rules that would be clearer, better and more practical.
-   The Lieutenant Governor : Considering we’re both french and german, we do know this is important that power is shared by 2 persons. Indeed, in France, 2 executive offices exist : the Prime Minister and the President. In Germany, the Chancellor has almost needed to form a coalition with an another party in order to govern. So basically, Franzl will have a major role as Lieutenant Governor. We would like to add new duties to the Lieutenant Governor, like for instance administering the governor’s appointments.
-   Finally, as Governor, I will open the voting booth on the Fairness Cabinet Amendment because it hasn’t been made yet. And if elected governor and lieutenant governor, we would appoint New Canadaland to my senate seat.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 06:00:08 AM »

Thank you Mideast Cheesy.

It appears we have won the election with more than 85% of the vote. We would like to thank everyone who chose to cast their ballot for us.
Now, it's time to work!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »

Congrats. So happy you beat bmotley, who had no legitimacy at all to be in that office.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »

Wonderful work Windjammer!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »

Congratulations, Windjammer and Franzl! Smiley
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 12:05:25 PM »

Congratulations to you Windjammer, I am glad you ran a clean race, unlike some of your supporters. While I disagree with you on the issues, you keep things clean. as for the office of Governor, good luck, as I say good riddance to the pit of vipers that inhabit this forum. This whole forum has no longer become fun, as people take this game far too seriously and place its importance above all else. From here on I will not run for office, and be solely a private citizen. Congratulations and good luck.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 12:58:50 PM »

Congratulations to you Windjammer, I am glad you ran a clean race, unlike some of your supporters. While I disagree with you on the issues, you keep things clean. as for the office of Governor, good luck, as I say good riddance to the pit of vipers that inhabit this forum. This whole forum has no longer become fun, as people take this game far too seriously and place its importance above all else. From here on I will not run for office, and be solely a private citizen. Congratulations and good luck.
Thank you for your service Madmanmotley. I wish you good luck for your future.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 01:30:39 PM »

Congratulations!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2015, 01:45:42 PM »

I will never recognize this election.