vandals destroy michael brown memorial less than 24 hours after it is dedicated
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:18:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  vandals destroy michael brown memorial less than 24 hours after it is dedicated
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: vandals destroy michael brown memorial less than 24 hours after it is dedicated  (Read 4753 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2015, 05:25:12 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

of course, none of this has anything to do with racism.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »

Thugs
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »

"There's no race problem in St. Louis!"
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:48:45 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2015, 11:52:30 PM by CountryClassSF »

Attempted cop killers do not deserve a memorial. Vandals will be idiots, but I have no sympathy. Sorry.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 12:03:34 AM »

Attempted cop killers do not deserve a memorial. Vandals will be idiots, but I have no sympathy. Sorry.

Your evidence?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 12:04:41 AM »

Your evidence?

The 3 forensic reports conducted by DOJ/Missouri/Independent investigator that backed up Ofc Wilson? Seriously? You're still in denial that this guy charged at the cop?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 02:35:59 AM »

Charging someone is attempted murder?  I guess so.

Officer Wilson, with his keen eyesight, identified Brown as a suspect in a petty robbery, blocked Brown's way.  At this point, Brown allegedly scuffles with Wilson and a shot is fired.  Brown runs.  Wilson chases.  When he no doubt screams stop at Brown, he turns around and Wilson fires.  Because Brown allegedly charged him running towards a gun pointing at him.

Use some simple rational deductive reasoning.  Wilson believed Brown was a charging demon and shot his gun 12 times, killing Brown.  What did Brown have to say?  We'll never know.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 04:47:47 AM »

Your evidence?

The 3 forensic reports conducted by DOJ/Missouri/Independent investigator that backed up Ofc Wilson? Seriously? You're still in denial that this guy charged at the cop?

Even if Brown was an 'attempted cop killer', he was an inept enough one that it hardly justifies people going out of their way to wreck up a memorial.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 07:28:07 AM »

Your evidence?

The DOJ report?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 08:32:53 AM »

Come to think of it, am I the only one who has a difficult time understanding why killing a cop is considered so uniquely transgressive and supremely evil?

Cops are supposed to accept danger. They put their lives on the line so the rest of us don't have to; it's what they do. One would expect them to encounter mortal peril more frequently than the general population.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 10:38:06 AM »

Come to think of it, am I the only one who has a difficult time understanding why killing a cop is considered so uniquely transgressive and supremely evil?

Cops are supposed to accept danger. They put their lives on the line so the rest of us don't have to; it's what they do. One would expect them to encounter mortal peril more frequently than the general population.

Because in theory they stand in place of us, taking on the risks of society at large and thus when someone kills a cop they are striking at the larger community.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 11:27:45 AM »

Michael Brown is not to most sympathetic person for civil rights activists to stake a claim on. That doesn't make it ok to destroy a memorial.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 01:10:41 PM »

I'm not a fan of these makeshift memorials you see everywhere for everything...especially traffic accident fatalities........but no reason to vandalize it. 

Headline grabbing thugs who can hide in their hole and snicker about it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »

Build a memorial for someone who deserves it, like actual murder victim Trayvonn Martin. No need to destroy the memorial though.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 01:46:42 PM »

I didn't know they planted memorial trees for individuals who rob convenience stores. That is a very unusual custom but it helps me understand why Missouri looked so forested when I visited.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 01:50:44 PM »

Build a memorial for someone who deserves it, like actual murder victim Trayvonn Martin. No need to destroy the memorial though.

I'm not really sure what happened in the Michael Brown case but Trayvon Martin and Eric Garner are much more clear cases.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »

Why does he deserve a memorial?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »

You know this is an utterly stupid question.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 03:18:05 PM »

You know this is an utterly stupid question.
Except it's not a stupid question.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »

I'm sure the black population of St. Louis will take the opinions of a bunch of white guys on the internet into account when choosing who to memorialize. Sometimes I think people on this site have never even talked to a black person.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2015, 02:18:37 AM by True Federalist »

The 6'4'', 250 lb+ "kid" just robbed a store, was running from the cops, then reached into a cop's car to attack him and take his gun to shoot him in his own vehicle. I would have shot the little sh*t myself black, white, or otherwise. Wilson was protecting his castle and his own life per training and was justified in using force. - Reasoning, USN trained PO2, small, medium, heavy arms, police situation, and tactics training

The Democrats are wrong on this issue and only use it to stir things up. The majority of wrongful force cases are blown out of proportion due to media response, false reporting, and sensationalization, and the good part of them see legal action on the cops, e.g., http://nypost.com/2015/04/01/cop-that-berated-uber-driver-stripped-of-badge-and-gun/ http://www.wsj.com/articles/police-video-shows-deadly-shooting-of-black-suspect-in-tulsa-1428913303

You younger kids coming on the Internet and complaining about life or death, high pace situations from an armchair or beside a video game console is laughable and why the millennials really need to mature a bit more, I really hate my generation sometimes.

So what he may or may not have done justifies a bunch of racist thugs destroying someone's memorial. You must be fun to hang out with.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »

I'm sure the black population of St. Louis will take the opinions of a bunch of white guys on the internet into account when choosing who to memorialize. Sometimes I think people on this site have never even talked to a black person.

I could care less what blacks or whites think about the matter-the question is what do the most objective accounts such as the DOJ report say?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »

I've seen roadside memorials for people who died driving while drunk, and I didn't question whether they deserved to be memorialized. A person can be worth mourning, especially by their family or community, even if they committed a crime.

Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 07:36:41 PM »

I've seen roadside memorials for people who died driving while drunk, and I didn't question whether they deserved to be memorialized. A person can be worth mourning, especially by their family or community, even if they committed a crime.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 08:08:08 PM »

Yes, but there's obviously a context here.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies