vandals destroy michael brown memorial less than 24 hours after it is dedicated (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:23:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  vandals destroy michael brown memorial less than 24 hours after it is dedicated (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: vandals destroy michael brown memorial less than 24 hours after it is dedicated  (Read 4768 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: April 25, 2015, 02:47:13 PM »

I've seen roadside memorials for people who died driving while drunk, and I didn't question whether they deserved to be memorialized. A person can be worth mourning, especially by their family or community, even if they committed a crime.

Exactly. It's just cruel. I put a portion of the blame on the professional agitators who riled up the area for months after the incident, but it still doesn't excuse this.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 02:49:10 PM »

The idea that no one that has ever committed a crime (especially one that is not very harmful in the grand scope of things--it's not like the guy was a serial killer) deserves to be memorialized by his friends and family is insane and horrible.

There's a good case for the idea that the family of someone whose actions took away the friends and families of countless others - Lubitz, Tsarnaev, etc. - should have the decency to mourn far away from the victims of their loved ones' murders.

That's not the case here, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies