Vote No to the Electoral Reform Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:08:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote No to the Electoral Reform Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote No to the Electoral Reform Amendment  (Read 3522 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: April 23, 2015, 10:58:32 PM »

I've been fairly neutral to the whole idea for the most part. I worked to add a lot of the structure that now exists in the amendment so that it would be a better amendment than what was originally introduced, which I believe it to be. As I've told Senator Polnut and others in chat this evening, however, I am beginning to have considerations about exactly how this would work long-term with respect to improving the dynamic we are seeking to change. If we can only muster up 6 candidates for 5 seats in a Senate election with no boundaries, then are we really confident that we will be able to generate 2 or 3 interested bodies in 5 different districts of 35 people each?  These would look very similar to regional Senate elections, which can and cannot be competitive depending on the region and the cycle. I have a lot to think about; I didn't expect the bill to suddenly lurch forward so suddenly to a vote after my final comments in the thread.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:26:54 AM »

xSimfan

Don't let them gain any more ground with this latest plot of theirs.
Who's 'they'?  People who like competitive elections?

THE GRAVE OF KARL MARX IS JUST ANOTHER COMMUNIST PLOT

If the chronically inept Governor were so against the idea, then why did he bring it up for a vote in his region? What is he not telling us?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »

One thing I don't think has been mentioned: the role of the RG in case of a deadlock in the commission could lead to the politicization of the role, at least in perception.

Thank goodness I was nominated and became RG before all of this hoop-la. They'd flense me at the mere mention of even thinking about becoming RG with that provision in there now!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 11:28:20 PM »

I think we can all agree when I say

HANG THE REGIONS
HANG THE REGIONS
HANG THE REGIONS NOW

...but obviously we can't all show up to the voting booth when something like that is on the ballot...Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies