Vote No to the Electoral Reform Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:21:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote No to the Electoral Reform Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote No to the Electoral Reform Amendment  (Read 3513 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: April 24, 2015, 06:51:31 AM »

x poirot

I will copy what I said to the Senate before they voted:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also there is the situation if the drawing commission can't agree, the drawing of districts will be done by one person, the Register General, and with a new rule the RG could hold another office such as Senator. I would prefer the reverse, have the RG on the commission and the Secretary of Elections be the one person drawing districts if there is no agreement.

I also see a risk of the Governor's role becoming more partisan, to hold that office to have a say in drawing districts instead of having someone in the role that is best to lead the region, propose legislation, keep the region active etc. A party might want to get the Governship instead of letting a politician from another party doing a good job at it continue.

Funny you have this position, considering how cruel STV has been to your attempts to get elected.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »

Hello there.  I am probably the only Atlasian still around who was actually involved in redistricting discussions when they were still done (Al, were you ever a Governor when there were districts?). 

*Cough*

I was a governor during at least one re-redistricting process.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies