Let's Stop Tricking the Newbies Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:48:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Let's Stop Tricking the Newbies Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Let's Stop Tricking the Newbies Act (Debating)  (Read 3222 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: April 24, 2015, 12:04:53 PM »

This seems indeed quite hardly workable for me in practice, but I am ready to see myself be proven otherwise.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 04:22:42 AM »

I will not attempt to jump into this vivid debate, but I guess we can assume that in multiple of those mentioned scenarios/problems the courts will work on their common sense discretion?

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 12:06:31 PM »

Does the free move ever expire? We could set something like a four-month cap on it if not.

I guess it just becomes obsolete once the move-time deadline is reached; and I would think this would work just as well as a cap than four months or whichever other number.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 12:29:21 PM »

Does the free move ever expire? We could set something like a four-month cap on it if not.

I guess it just becomes obsolete once the move-time deadline is reached; and I would think this would work just as well as a cap than four months or whichever other number.

Are you sure it becomes obsolete, though? What the letter of the law says really matters here. If the free move is guaranteed, it's guaranteed. Since I've never used a free move and have certainly passed the move-time deadline, have I "banked" two moves, or just one?

If I recall right, the letter of the law is something on the likes of that the initial registration does not count as move, not that you have one special free move. If that's the case, it does become obsolete, though not by the law of the land but by the law of time.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:24:44 AM »

I'm sorry, but could you post the actual version we are voting on, I can't find it somewhere back in the thread...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 09:52:25 AM »

Is this still the original version at top of the first page we are voting on? I need to know that before I can cast my vote, obviously Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »

Okay thank you.

NAY, then
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies