Let's Stop Tricking the Newbies Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:10:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Let's Stop Tricking the Newbies Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Let's Stop Tricking the Newbies Act (Debating)  (Read 3200 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: May 07, 2015, 09:22:09 PM »

I support a cap of say 2-3 months, it's easy for people to join and make an honest mistake about which region they want to be in. I mean I picked Taxachusettes because I'm a liberal hack

That does bring up a concern for me that foreigners may be disproportionally impacted by the removal of the free move. Someone in the US could be reasonably expected to default to their home region, whereas foreigners don't even have that to fall back on and have either a whimsical choice or the recommendations of someone asking them to join to go on in terms of joining a region.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:21:23 AM »

I would be game for possibilty changing the free move situation, were it not for the problems it creates for foreign players, I worry it would be disproportionate in its effects and therefore I would have to oppose it for the same reason I opposed reducing the vote change period (standing up for the poor dial up user Wink).

Anyway, I am also leary of having two different policies one for the domestic players and one for the fereners so I am at a loss as to how to proceed at this time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »

Abstain

Well, we could make the free move expire after a year.

True, but I don't see how it much impacts the underlying focus of the bill much. That is not to say that such doesn't have merit on its own though obviously.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 12:57:00 AM »

Yea, that would help out a lot. I noticed a few before that were overlooked. I know from experience it can be annoying (try having your dial up internet connection jam whilst just trying to update that thread title to reflect a vote starting or stopping. Tongue), but it is a courtesy well worth the time and effort.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies