Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:07:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity"  (Read 4968 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2015, 09:43:50 AM »

In a conference call organized by the Family Research Council:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/mike-huckabee-us-criminalization-of-christianity-117310.html?hp=l4_4

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:54 AM »

Of course.

That's certainly not an asinine, fear mongering statement.

Not at all.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »

Christians who claim the "persecution" and "criminalization" of the faith in the United States belittle the actual persecution of Christians in places such as Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, and North Korea.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 11:10:46 AM »

Christians who claim the "persecution" and "criminalization" of the faith in the United States belittle the actual persecution of Christians in places such as Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, and North Korea.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 11:14:51 AM »

Persecution of Christians in the Arab Spring got some play. They definitely do not care about sub-Saharan Africa and Palestinian Christians.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 11:23:23 AM »

Yep, Huck, someday 8 in 10 Americans will be jailed because they're Christians!  It's coming!!

Who, exactly, does he think is going to be pressing the charges??  Legions of CHRISTIAN lawmakers and cops??  Or does Christians, as usual, only ally to those who are as crazy-religious as he is?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 12:33:29 PM »

Can we criminalize Mike Huckabee?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 12:52:09 PM »

Ha, have you all forgotten who he's selling books to?
He's not actually running even if he wins states. He knows he can't.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 01:46:02 PM »

Persecution of Christians in the Arab Spring got some play. They definitely do not care about sub-Saharan Africa and Palestinian Christians.

That's a generalization.  Sub-Saharan Africa is talked about in Evangelical churches I've worshiped in and there is a growing awareness of issues facing Palestinian Christians.  With God On Our Side is a great documentary on the issue.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 01:51:46 PM »

Christian persecution in the Middle East has only really become an issue since the Syrian Civil War and the rise of ISIS, even though it really began with the Iraq War and the overthrow of the Hussein regime.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 02:05:55 PM »

He needs to go away
DS0816
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 03:22:47 PM »

Why is anyone willing to still pay attention to … Mike Huckabee?
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 03:46:20 PM »

^^^

Seriously this. Huckabee and his ilk are disgusting people.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 06:58:56 PM »

I can't wait until Schmuckabee joins the clown car! Imagine him saying this stuff on the debate stage and the other candidates being forced to awkwardly agree, lest they look like a "RINO."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »

Governor Huckabee:  Iraqi and Iranian Christians would like a word with you.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 12:25:50 AM »

Agreed, Huckabee should be deported to Darfur to learn what actual Christian persecution is.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2015, 08:14:27 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

Agreed, Huckabee should be deported to Darfur to learn what actual Christian persecution is.

While I am not a big Huckabee fan, I am a fundamentalist Christian, and I certainly think that Gov. Huckabee knows the difference between what occurs in America and what occurs in Darfur.

What has been going on over the last 20 years has been a redefinition of terms.  SSM isn't "marriage equality", it's redefining the definition of marriage from something that has been accepted by virtually every culture and religion on Earth to something it has never meant before.  However one views the issue, intellectual honesty demands that acknowledgement.  The "marriage equality" argument is an attempt to equate the issue to the issues of civil rights for blacks and gender equality issues, and it's just not the case.  From a Biblical point of view, Scripture cites homosexual behaviors as specifically  (and unequivocally) prohibited practices.  From a scientific point of view, there is no proof that persons are "born gay"; it's an assertion, it's believed by people, and it may, someday, be demonstrated as fact, but that's not the case right now.

What has also been redefined is "tolerance".  Tolerance used to mean that I will respect your right to be you, but I'm not required to acknowledge that your beliefs/practices are morally acceptable.  Tolerance used to mean that I'm not going to advocate government jackboots knock down your doors for your private sexual activities, but I have the right to preach openly that the Lord our God will judge Biblically defined sexual immorality, and the persons who practice it.  Now, however, tolerance requires that I hold my peace on these issues, even as Christians are freely portrayed as narrow-minded oppressive zealots.  Faith is expected to be kept private, while sexual practices of all kinds are to be brought out in the open, and are not to be criticized.  (Anyone who believes that there is NOT such a push from one side of this argument is intellectually dishonest, or in extreme denial.)

Now if you believe that Bible is not the Inspired Word of God, but merely a work of fiction, a book of Fairy Tales, or a bunch of some kind of stuff and nonsense, I get that.  I have respect for folks who flat out tell me that they think the Bible is a bunch of crap and that I am full of beans.  I have less respect for the intellectually dishonest who deny what Scripture actually says on sex, marriage, and sexuality.  It's a dishonest attempt to have it both ways; to appear pious while rejecting Scriptural standards of piety.  I'm more OK with folks who flat out deny the authority of Scripture than those who seek to misrepresent its contents while invoking its authority.

The societal pressures to keep religious faith private (even when such faith calls for evangelism and proselytizing) is something Christians ought to resist, and Christians are not wrong in being open to those in political life who choose to guard the free exercise of religion that does not impede on the enumerated Constitutional rights of others.  Students DO have a right to bring Bibles to school, pray and join with others to pray AT SCHOOL during free times, wear crosses, etc. in the absence of a defined dress code.  Christians ARE entitled to preach the Gospel, the ENTIRE Gospel, including those verses defining homosexual practices as sin, without legal sanction of any kind.  They are not entitled to have people agree with them, or validate their point of view, but there is unmistakable pressure being applied to silence Christians on these issues.  Tolerance does not mean that I have to affirm your viewpoint as being equally valid as my own.  Huckabee gets that, and it's not a trivial issue.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 09:06:11 AM »

Thank you, Gov. Huckabee, for understanding the left-wing assault on our religious freedom
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »

Oh and gay rights activists trying to cry "DISCRIMINATION" about business owners not wanting to cater their gay weddings doesn't belittle the actual persecution of gays in countries like Iran, Syria, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 10:43:16 AM »

Oh and gay rights activists trying to cry "DISCRIMINATION" about business owners not wanting to cater their gay weddings doesn't belittle the actual persecution of gays in countries like Iran, Syria, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia?

"Gays should not be upset because in some places of the world they're murdered"
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 10:49:09 AM »

"Gays should not be upset because in some places of the world they're murdered"

Right, because that's exactly what I was saying. Couldn't you just take the exact thing you just said, replace the word gays with Christians and maybe begin to see where people like Mike Huckabee are coming from? Are you saying a Christian business owner should not be allowed to be upset if he's forced to facilitate a ceremony that goes against his values?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 10:49:34 AM »

The fact that he is allowed to say that disproves his point.
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 10:59:29 AM »

The fact that he is allowed to say that disproves his point.

Well he's allowed to say it because freedom of speech is a basic American freedom, but what he means is that there's becoming a cultural criminalization of Christianity, not a legal one (obviously). A criminalization to the point where Christians are pretty much told to shut up and keep their "hateful values" to themselves so that society can move "forward".
CountryClassSF

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »

No one's suggesting that it's on par with what's going on in the Middle East, but Christians are ostracized routinely for opposing the genderless marriage  agenda,  by Hollywood and others.

Abraham Reagan point above is spot on
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies