Who Did You Vote For? Any Regrets?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:19:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who Did You Vote For? Any Regrets?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Did You Vote For? Any Regrets?  (Read 748 times)
ChainsawJedis
Tj Hare
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2015, 04:15:17 PM »

Feel free to include everything from president to state level politics. I would leave local politics out of it, but it's up to you. I am only 19 so 2014 was my first time voting. I know we have some older members so this should be interesting.

2014:

Maryland Governor:
Primary: Heather Mizeur (lost)
General: Anthony Brown (lost)

Maryland House of Representatives District 1
Primary: John Laferla (lost)
General: Bill Tilghman (lost)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:19:48 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2015, 04:21:31 PM by CrabCake »

I have only voted twice because I am also 19. The first was for the European elections/local elections. I threw my votes to Greens which I did not regret because (respectively) European elections are irrelevant and I was in a Liberal safe ward. The other time I voted,was for a by-election for the local Police Commissioner, a stupid position foisted on us by the government for no reason. I voted Labour, as every other candidate was fruitloops.

Next time round, I'm voting Labour for my MP and for the local election.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 04:35:56 PM »

Well I'm 25, so I've voted for a lot of people/things. I'm very proud to say that I've vote for Barack Obama, who is at least a top 10 president and arguably a top 5, four different times (2008 TX primary, 2008 TX caucus, 2008 TX general, 2012 NY general). I also voted for our fantastic mayor, Bill De Blasio, twice, in the primary and general. And I had the pleasure of voting against our fascist criminal governor Cuomo twice, in the primary and the general.
ChainsawJedis
Tj Hare
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 04:49:32 PM »

I have only voted twice because I am also 19. The first was for the European elections/local elections. I threw my votes to Greens which I did not regret because (respectively) European elections are irrelevant and I was in a Liberal safe ward. The other time I voted,was for a by-election for the local Police Commissioner, a stupid position foisted on us by the government for no reason. I voted Labour, as every other candidate was fruitloops.

Next time round, I'm voting Labour for my MP and for the local election.

I believe the person I voted for ended up becoming Sheriff in the small town I live in. It's only about 2,000 people so it's not all that big of a deal. Other than that everyone I've voted for lost.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 04:50:51 PM »

Well I'm 25, so I've voted for a lot of people/things. I'm very proud to say that I've vote for Barack Obama, who is at least a top 10 president and arguably a top 5, four different times (2008 TX primary, 2008 TX caucus, 2008 TX general, 2012 NY general). I also voted for our fantastic mayor, Bill De Blasio, twice, in the primary and general. And I had the pleasure of voting against our fascist criminal governor Cuomo twice, in the primary and the general.

I didn't know you were from Texas.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 05:06:57 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2015, 05:11:55 PM by Mr. Illini »

I voted third party for President in 2012, which I don't really regret because Illinois isn't competitive, but I probably won't do it again.

I voted for Pat Quinn this past November, who wasn't the best governor ever, but was better than what we're stuck with now. Don't blame me.

I voted for Dick Durbin in 2014 as well, and would do so several times over. He's a good Senator.

I voted for Lisa Madigan, Mike Frerichs, and Jesse White last year as well. All ultimately victorious and all very deserving of my vote.

I voted for Sheila Simon over Judy Baar, a vote that could have gone either way. Baar was a fine representative for Illinois and it is sad that she passed.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 05:12:54 PM »

Jay Inslee was the recipient of my vote for governor in 2012. Inslee bowed down to Amazon and vetoed a mild, yet good baby step, anti-drone bill that had wide support from both parties. Today, I wish I had abstained in that race.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 09:32:44 PM »

2014: Leticia Van de Putte

2012: ......Cruz in the primary runoff.

2010: No one because unlike much of America, I wasn't blinded.

2008: No one
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 10:27:50 PM »

In 2012 I voted for Obama/Brown/Kaptur, Dale Miller (D) for the Cuyahoga County Council, the two Democratic incumbents I'm represented by (Nickie Antonio and Mike Skindell) in the state legislature, and Bill O'Neill (D) and Yvette Brown (D) for OSC. No regrets to any of these.

In 2013, I voted for Sam O'Leary, Tom Bullock and Cindy Marx (all Democrats) for my local City Council as well as a tax levy for local schools and preserving the Metroparks and zoo. No regrets on either of those.

The 2014 Democratic primary in Ohio didn't have many contested races. Ed FitzGerald's primary opponent was literally a convicted felon so yeah, no regrets of voting for Fitzy in the primary. I also voted for Armond Budish in the contested Democratic primary for Cuyahoga County Executive, and considering every one of his opponents in the primary turned their backs on Cuyahoga County Democrats after the primary, I don't regret the Budish vote.

As for last year, there was a Green candidate running for governor that was on the ballot, but I personally don't regret voting for Fitzy for Governor. I voted straight Democrat down the board in the general. Looking back I probably would have written in Dennis Kucinich for Ohio's 9th congressional district though had I known Marcy Kaptur would turn her back on our district by voting for Cromnibus the following month.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 11:00:13 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2015, 11:14:56 PM by Zioneer »

I have voted in two non-municipal elections, 2012 and 2014.

2012: Jill Stein for President (because I live in Utah and have the safest vote sink since DC itself), and Peter Cooke (D), Scott Howell (D), Dee Smith (D), and Jim Matheson (D), for Governor, Senate, State Attorney General, and UT-04 respectively.

2014: Doug Owens (D) for UT-04, and Andrew McCullough (L) for Attorney General (special election, the Attorney General that won in 2012 resigned due to hilarious amounts of corruption). I voted L because muh anti-Drug War candidates, and also because I have a policy of never voting straight-D to ensure that my fellow Utahns don't automatically discount my political debate.

Not really any regrets; my 2016 votes will probably be similar.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 11:13:31 PM »

Let's see:

I was just 2 months cheated out of voting against Meg Whitman in 2010.

So 2011 was my first year, but since there were only a few random Props and City things, I voted for a few things and promptly forgot 'em.

I voted by absentee ballot in 2012 for Barack Obama as President, protest voted Peace & Freedom candidate Marsha Feinland for Senate and voted for Props. 29 (smoking tax) and 34 (repeal the death penalty)...can't remember the others.

I stayed out of 2013, though I probably should've cast one for McAuliffe as Governor, but...that campaign was just horrible. Truly crook vs crook, and I assumed McAuliffe would win big. Not worth giving up residence.

Voted in 2014 in person (since I took the semester off for work) for Jerry Brown as Governor, straight Democratic in the other positions, and voted against Prop. 2 (a rainy day fund at the expense of education)...and in my city I voted against the regressive soda tax.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 12:12:19 AM »

I've only voted straight Democratic or Democratic/Green since I turned 18 in 2001. The only ones I've ever regretted were the two for O'Malley.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 01:35:22 AM »

2006, first election I could vote in, Clinton (D) pretty cheerfully. I hate Bush and the entire Republican Party. I also voted Spitzer (D). I didn't vote for a representative because I was out of state for university and I didn't feel like it'd be right to vote for my mom's representative.

2008, I voted for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primaries and Barack Obama in the general. I'm glad I voted for Obama, no real regrets there.

2009, I was back in NYC, and I voted Bloomberg begrudgingly.

2010, I voted for Cuomo as Governor, not really reading into him much, Weiner (D) as my representative, and Schumer (D) and Gillibrand (D) for Senate.

2012, I voted Barack Obama in the general, Michael Scala (D) in my district primary, Gregory Meeks in the general, and Gillibrand for Senator again.

2013, I proudly voted for De Blasio for mayor.

2014, I voted for Hawkins, because I can't stand Cuomo, and Meeks again.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies