Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:06:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity"  (Read 4981 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »

2008 Huckabee was the candidate that truly worried me, 2015 Huckabee is now just another right-wing God botherer joke candidate. If he's already running the on the Christian Conservative persecution bandwagon ... then he knows he's in trouble.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2015, 08:26:20 PM »

Above poster inspirational. Proof positive as to why the GOP needs to do a better job going after conservative Democrats.  And that's how you win places like Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Values issues cannot be abandoned.

Very true.  Values issues are the only reason I would vote Republican, as I am not a Club for Growth guy, and I am a union shop steward.  Folks can call me a RINO, but some of us make up the GOP primary day constituency knowing that we well may not be able to support the primary winner.  (Republicans shouldn't be outraged; they think that kind of primary day Democrat is just swell.) 

The frustrating thing for me is that for so many years the GOP talked the pro-life line, but did nothing about it substantially, effectively abandoning the Human Life Amendment in fact long before the 2012 GOP Convention.  The economic agenda came first.  Now, there is no possibility of a pro-life Constitutional amendment, or an anti-SSM amendment getting through 38 state legislatures, as national attitudes have changed radically on both of these issues.
CountryClassSF

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2015, 08:50:53 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2015, 08:52:51 PM by CountryClassSF »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am frustrated about this too.  But, realistically, I believe that if the Republicans do not take the White House in 2016, the judiciary will be stacked with left-wing activists who will likely strike down all the progress we've made at the state level such as late-term abortion bans.  

I have done all I can at the grassroots level with trying to get establishment Republicans to understand that moderatism does not equal electability.  But the reason why I will vote Republican in 2016 even if I can't stand the candidate, lies with the courts if we are to have any chance of watering down or hopefully overturning Roe. I attend the March for Life in San Francisco in January, and most of the pro-life activists I have seen are millennials and minorities!

As for same-sex marriage, the activists and the media have successfully demonized the opposition to the point where the best we can hope for is the Supreme Court allowing the states to define marriage.  If this doesn't happen, my hope is that the downright viciousness directed at places like Memories Pizza, Chick fil A, Christian orgs etc. will cause some to rethink. 

Keep the faith and hang in there.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies