Let me suggest a hypothetical to the Democrats (or anyone) here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:08:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Let me suggest a hypothetical to the Democrats (or anyone) here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Gore decided to jump in, could he realistically beat Clinton and why?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Let me suggest a hypothetical to the Democrats (or anyone) here  (Read 1566 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: April 25, 2015, 08:29:09 PM »

It'd be much more interesting general election match-up with him than it would be in the primary. He would lose the primary, no doubt, but would enjoy sympathy within some corners of the party. In the end, he'd probably wind up with a two-way proportion comparable to Romney/Santorum (assuming no other relevant challengers, he'd get ~30% of the vote).

The general, however...I think you might have a substantial group of people who voted for Gore in 2000 and that haven't voted D since give him a second glance; pity voters for having the election stolen from him/realizing just how bad Bush made things. On the other hand, his persona and image has taken a far-left turn since 2000, so I'm not confident how many of this group he'd actually be able to reclaim.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies