police murder megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:10:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  police murder megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: police murder megathread  (Read 16358 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2015, 09:33:14 AM »

michael brown, eric garner, and tamir rice were not isolated incidents. let's have a megathread about cases of murder by police officers in general

yesterday a video was released showing the fate of ervin edwards, a black, mentally ill 38-year-old. he was arrested on november 26, 2013 for sagging his pants and died the same day in police custody. over the following 18 months, police consistently lied about the circumstances of his death; the video shows officer dustin macmullan willfully murdering edwards with a taser and leaving him, dead, in his jail cell.

ervin edwards
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:36:56 AM »

I encourage all civil disobedience and non-violent revolution against the pig population. 
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »

I encourage all civil disobedience and non-violent revolution against the pig population. 

stop calling them pigs, pigs are nice Angry
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »

Let's obviously not forget about Walter Scott, which was undeniable murder no matter how much of a racist you are.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 09:43:22 AM »

stop calling them pigs, pigs are nice Angry

That is a cute pig.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »

Then there's Freddie Gray.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 09:50:06 AM »

I only mention this one because the cop involved (now ex-cop, thankfully) will no doubt be a future murderer. The victim was Victor Hernandez, who managed to survive after being shot eight times, including in the face.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 09:51:11 AM »

I only mention this one because the cop involved (now ex-cop, thankfully) will no doubt be a future murderer. The victim was Victor Hernandez, who managed to survive after being shot eight times, including in the face.

this (along with eric garner) is why i don't believe that body cameras will actually do any good.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 09:53:38 AM »

Rekia Boyd, who was murdered when a cop fired aimlessly into a crowd of several people because "muh safety". Initial charges have been dismissed because the judge believes involuntary manslaughter was too low of an offense; potentially some future justice on this one.

Should've been minding his own business if he was off-duty.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »

Let's not forget Eric Harris, who was unarmed, already on the ground with multiple men surrounding him, and killed by a cop who supposedly didn't know the difference between a taser and a deadly firearm.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 10:02:17 AM »

While heinous, these crimes pale in comparison to your unprovoked murder of grammatical norms.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 10:10:54 AM »

While heinous, these crimes pale in comparison to your unprovoked murder of grammatical norms.

kk
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »

kk
Police will not get away with murdering any thread, not just megathreads, if I can help it.
this (along with eric garner) is why i don't believe that body cameras will actually do any good.
Obviously they won't be a panacea, but they have proven useful for multiple reasons where they've been implemented.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »

some Baltimore blacks got together and did some nice things today.  smashed a few police cruises, tosses eggs and glass bottles at riot police.  a few arrests here and there, but no major offensive from the police, probably trying to wait it out.  the cops had to charge on the protesters so the Orioles fans could leave the stadium after a baseball game.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 10:38:54 PM »

also, why do we always get this sh**t?  do the families get paid off?

The mayor’s remarks were accompanied by pleas from Freddie Gray’s family: “Can ya’ll please, please stop the violence?” said Fredericka Gray, saying her twin brother would not want it.

if Tweed were an urban black and had his 15 minutes of fame, I'd say something like "respond in the way in which you are comfortable.  calls for 'peace' are an offense against the concept of peace, the concept of "true Shalom".  the calls for such false 'peace' as calls for allowing the ruling order to rule.  respond in the way you see fit."

can't charge me for inciting a riot on that one, can they? besides, they probably wouldn't even if they could.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2015, 12:46:23 PM by True Federalist »

some real damage in Baltimore today

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 04:58:59 PM »

also, why do we always get this sh**t?  do the families get paid off?

The mayor’s remarks were accompanied by pleas from Freddie Gray’s family: “Can ya’ll please, please stop the violence?” said Fredericka Gray, saying her twin brother would not want it.

if Tweed were an urban black and had his 15 minutes of fame, I'd say something like "respond in the way in which you are comfortable.  calls for 'peace' are an offense against the concept of peace, the concept of "true Shalom".  the calls for such false 'peace' as calls for allowing the ruling order to rule.  respond in the way you see fit."

can't charge me for inciting a riot on that one, can they? besides, they probably wouldn't even if they could.

Because most people are responsible adults who don't cheer violence.  They don't want to see anyone feel the pain of loss they feel, and don't want to harm the community they live in.

But I guess to immature people, cops, shopkeepers and innocent bystanders caught up in riots are sub-human pieces of garbage who deserve what they get, right?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 05:26:59 PM »

But I guess to immature people, cops, shopkeepers and innocent bystanders caught up in riots are sub-human pieces of garbage who deserve what they get, right?

each of those are their own category, which then plays on the "deserve", which is a complicated concept to begin with that really only exist in highly structured environments (such as sporting events, a game of chess), and not in life itself.

also the use of innocent, as in 'innocent civilian' or 'innocent bystander', is an ideologically loaded concept.   innocent of what?  only infants and animals are innocent in a general sense.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »

The CVS at Penn & North is on fire.  I chaperoned a bus that picked up kids in that neighborhood one summer for the Maryland civic justice core program.  Every morning I waited by that CVS making sure all those kids got on that bus and every afternoon made sure they all got home.  They were good kids.  And now their neighborhood is burning.  So sad.   

if you're in Baltimore, post some pics or something, be an amateur journalist!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 06:26:59 PM »

I hope one day white people care as much about the lives of black people as they do about the structural integrity of CVS's.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 06:51:21 PM »

I hope one day white people care as much about the lives of black people as they do about the structural integrity of CVS's.

I don't see how caring about black lives contradicts with not wanting the neighborhoods where they live burning. 

+1
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 06:59:47 PM »

Well, it looks like Baltimore is intent on making all the same mistakes Ferguson/St. Louis County did.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 07:38:09 PM »

Loot, riot, and burn buildings. Yeah, that will change people's perception of you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »

Loot, riot, and burn buildings. Yeah, that will change people's perception of you.
Unlike Ferguson, at least the people of Baltimore have a decent reason to be angry.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 07:43:09 PM »

I agree - but we still have to wait for an explanation as to what exactly happened to Mr. Gray.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies