I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:57:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come  (Read 5014 times)
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« on: April 26, 2015, 11:16:59 AM »

When I see posts from liberals saying the GOP will die off when the old folks do, I laugh(and I'm very liberal)...right now, the only branch controlled by the Democratic party is the executive; the GOP control everything else..they also control 31 Governorships and 30 state legislatures....and thanks to gerrymandering, that control will not be relinqushed anytime soon..and as for demographics, White support for Democrats is collapsing at an astonishing rate..so much so that we could see a situation whereby the only white people who vote democratic are gay people and Jewish people...because of all this, I predict a republican gain in the house and senate in 2016

You don't really believe that gay and Jewish crack do you?  Surely you know better than that. Government workers who are white also have a strong interest in the Democratic agenda, along with much of the academic community, the few who still are in private industry unions, those who think global warming is a real threat to the planet, and that major policy changes should be made as a consequence, those who dislike the estrangement of the GOP from persons of color, and/or are concerned with the blurring of lines as they see it, between religious doctrine and secular, data based policy making. That is just off the top. I suspect the GOP is getting close to being maxed out on their share of the white vote, and that particularly as the generations come on and depart, the share of the white vote of the GOP will begin to start receding back. JMO.
I am a  young minority Millennial who works with a lot of White Millennials and they seem to be flocking back to the GOP in droves especially after the recent police/black male shootings....many also seem to like lower taxes more than fighting climate change...it is really sad..and that is why i think the GOP will still make significant gains in the white vote...

"Flocking back to the GOP in droves?" We haven't even had a national elections since the police issue has been at the forefront of public discourse. And even in 2014, no single millennial actually cast a ballot.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

You know, it really bothers me as someone who supports traditional marriage that the GOP is surrendering on this for votes.

Yet, the other day, an AIDS fundraiser was *cancelled* because they were angry that the gay host's fundraised for Ted Cruz.  So, AIDS benefits thrown overboard in a heartbeat because they hate the fact that the owners might support conservatives? We're not allowed to be friends w/ people who oppose SSM? As a gay person that sends chills down my spine.

I don't see the gay movement supporting "Gay marriage-friendly" Republicans. Look how well Neel Kashkari did in California.

Wait, so you're a gay person and are against SSM?

Also, Kashkari's opponent WAS Jerry Brown. No matter who the GOP could field, they were going to lose by doubt digits anyway. The GOP gripes about Kashkari should have been more about his economic policies, not social. There used to be a ton of pro-choice Republicans in the Senate (Hutchison, Spector, Simpson, Snowe), they're definitely a thing. Not to mention all the pro SSM Republicans evolving.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm a single millennial and I cast a ballot. Didn't do much good, but I diiiid!

I did too, and sent Jerry Brown back to Sacramento! Wink

I just don't see how you can make an argument that abysmal turnout isn't an asterisk for 2010 and 2014. I've personally never said that Republicans will never win, provided there continues to be extremely low turnout elections. But if everyone actually votes, Republicans get clobbered.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:19:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm a single millennial and I cast a ballot. Didn't do much good, but I diiiid!

I voted last year. Every candidate I voted for from John Kasich to local judges won. Every one of them were Republicans and I am a Millennial born in 1988.

Plot twist: You live in Ohio, not California.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies