I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:24:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come  (Read 4972 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« on: April 26, 2015, 06:47:51 AM »

The difference is that whites have permanently fled the Democratic Party

Except in New York. And Washington. And New England. And most of the Midwest. And Eastern Pennsylvania. And Urban Areas.

And well, anywhere that isn't the rural Deep South/Appalachia/Plains.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 10:56:46 AM »

Except in New York. And Washington. And New England. And most of the Midwest. And Eastern Pennsylvania. And Urban Areas.

Except that because of polarization, liberal whites are attracted to those places.  Nationwide, the white vote is solid GOP - and that's because of the left's obsession with stoking racial tensions.

60% isn't solid GOP. The Democrats "problem" with whites comes entirely from the Deep South, Plains, and Appalachia.

I see White support for the Democratic Party collapsing in the Midwest...Just like it did in the South; That is the next Target for the racist wing of the GOP and I think they will pull it off...that is why they are so hellbent on destroying Unions..because Whites in unions tend to vote Democratic...no Unions, no White Democrats.

I know more white Democrats who aren't union members than I do white unionized Democrats.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:59 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2015, 03:31:50 PM by NYMillennial »

When I see posts from liberals saying the GOP will die off when the old folks do, I laugh(and I'm very liberal)...right now, the only branch controlled by the Democratic party is the executive; the GOP control everything else..they also control 31 Governorships and 30 state legislatures....and thanks to gerrymandering, that control will not be relinqushed anytime soon..and as for demographics, White support for Democrats is collapsing at an astonishing rate..so much so that we could see a situation whereby the only white people who vote democratic are gay people and Jewish people...because of all this, I predict a republican gain in the house and senate in 2016

You don't really believe that gay and Jewish crack do you?  Surely you know better than that. Government workers who are white also have a strong interest in the Democratic agenda, along with much of the academic community, the few who still are in private industry unions, those who think global warming is a real threat to the planet, and that major policy changes should be made as a consequence, those who dislike the estrangement of the GOP from persons of color, and/or are concerned with the blurring of lines as they see it, between religious doctrine and secular, data based policy making. That is just off the top. I suspect the GOP is getting close to being maxed out on their share of the white vote, and that particularly as the generations come on and depart, the share of the white vote of the GOP will begin to start receding back. JMO.
I am a  young minority Millennial who works with a lot of White Millennials and they seem to be flocking back to the GOP in droves especially after the recent police/black male shootings....many also seem to like lower taxes more than fighting climate change...it is really sad..and that is why i think the GOP will still make significant gains in the white vote...

Nice anecdote.

My experience suggests the opposite, and I can say the Democrats will make significant gains with the white vote because of it. Since me, my friends, and most of the other young whites I know vote Democratic, I can extrapolate that the white vote will be 70% Democratic once the Silent Generation dies off.

See what using single examples can do?
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »

I'm pretty sure 60% of 18-29 year old white males voted for Romney. He won 54% of 18-29 year old whites and males are more conservative the females.

These fun anecdotes of young white men flocking to the GOP don't really mean anything as young white men were already in the GOP. Reaganfan and CountryClassSF didn't vote for Obama either time and he won anyway. The problem for the GOP is that white men are declining as a percentage of the population every year.

Romney won the 18-29 year old white male vote with 60%? I doubt it. The statistics I've seen show 18-29 year old whites as a whole only voting for Romney by 2 points.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 10:39:08 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You're correct-- The 59-60% figure was among white voters as a whole. NBC's exit poll had White 18-29ers at 51% Romney, 44% Obama

http://elections.nbcnews.com/ns/politics/2012/all/president/#.VT5WU63BzGc

That's what I figured. 18-29 year old white males voting for Romney at 53 or 54% I can see. But at the same level as nationwide whites as a whole? I just can't see that happening; as of right now, of course. The post-Millennial, after 2000 generation may very well be more Republican, and we could see a situation in 50 years where voters 65+ (the ones who turned 18 between 2000 and 2018) are Democratic leaning due to their voting habits when younger, while young voters at that point lean Republican.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You're correct-- The 59-60% figure was among white voters as a whole. NBC's exit poll had White 18-29ers at 51% Romney, 44% Obama

http://elections.nbcnews.com/ns/politics/2012/all/president/#.VT5WU63BzGc

That's what I figured. 18-29 year old white males voting for Romney at 53 or 54% I can see. But at the same level as nationwide whites as a whole? I just can't see that happening; as of right now, of course. The post-Millennial, after 2000 generation may very well be more Republican, and we could see a situation in 50 years where voters 65+ (the ones who turned 18 between 2000 and 2018) are Democratic leaning due to their voting habits when younger, while young voters at that point lean Republican.

Studies have generally shown that ideology is steady throughout ones lifetime. The conservative baby boomers of today voted for Reagan when they were young.

That's what I figured.

I have no actual belief that the Democrats are always going to be the party of younger voters and vice versa with Republicans. When Millennials are in their 60's and 70's, the 65+ vote demographic will probably be Democratic as it was in the past.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies