I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:48:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I see the GOP being the dominant Party in the US for decades to come  (Read 4973 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: April 26, 2015, 11:05:39 AM »

When I see posts from liberals saying the GOP will die off when the old folks do, I laugh(and I'm very liberal)...right now, the only branch controlled by the Democratic party is the executive; the GOP control everything else..they also control 31 Governorships and 30 state legislatures....and thanks to gerrymandering, that control will not be relinqushed anytime soon..and as for demographics, White support for Democrats is collapsing at an astonishing rate..so much so that we could see a situation whereby the only white people who vote democratic are gay people and Jewish people...because of all this, I predict a republican gain in the house and senate in 2016

You don't really believe that gay and Jewish crack do you?  Surely you know better than that. Government workers who are white also have a strong interest in the Democratic agenda, along with much of the academic community, the few who still are in private industry unions, those who think global warming is a real threat to the planet, and that major policy changes should be made as a consequence, those who dislike the estrangement of the GOP from persons of color, and/or are concerned with the blurring of lines as they see it, between religious doctrine and secular, data based policy making. That is just off the top. I suspect the GOP is getting close to being maxed out on their share of the white vote, and that particularly as the generations come on and depart, the share of the white vote of the GOP will begin to start receding back. JMO.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 11:16:54 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2015, 11:40:20 AM by Torie »

When I see posts from liberals saying the GOP will die off when the old folks do, I laugh(and I'm very liberal)...right now, the only branch controlled by the Democratic party is the executive; the GOP control everything else..they also control 31 Governorships and 30 state legislatures....and thanks to gerrymandering, that control will not be relinqushed anytime soon..and as for demographics, White support for Democrats is collapsing at an astonishing rate..so much so that we could see a situation whereby the only white people who vote democratic are gay people and Jewish people...because of all this, I predict a republican gain in the house and senate in 2016

You don't really believe that gay and Jewish crack do you?  Surely you know better than that. Government workers who are white also have a strong interest in the Democratic agenda, along with much of the academic community, the few who still are in private industry unions, those who think global warming is a real threat to the planet, and that major policy changes should be made as a consequence, those who dislike the estrangement of the GOP from persons of color, and/or are concerned with the blurring of lines as they see it, between religious doctrine and secular, data based policy making. That is just off the top. I suspect the GOP is getting close to being maxed out on their share of the white vote, and that particularly as the generations come on and depart, the share of the white vote of the GOP will begin to start receding back. JMO.
I am a  young minority Millennial who works with a lot of White Millennials and they seem to be flocking back to the GOP in droves especially after the recent police/black male shootings....many also seem to like lower taxes more than fighting climate change...it is really sad..and that is why i think the GOP will still make significant gains in the white vote...

That's an interesting anecdote. Since your anecdote is after the most recent election, there is no data however to support it. We shall see. I strongly doubt it however. Probably the kids you observe, are not the type who would vote Democratic anyway. We shall see. How about my other points?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:43:04 PM »

There is pretty much nowhere left for Republicans to permanently gain white voters. They aren't going to ever win more than 60% of the white vote in a presidential election barring an unusual landslide.

I doubt Mitt Romney is going to be the upper limit.

Do you think the Democratic candidate being African-American rather than white—as the 2016 nominee will be—might be a factor in Republicans' record performance among white votes in 2012?

Hey, I know why you a Dem now, you're both gay and Jewish.  You will be close to the last white Dem left standing. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies