Hawaii votes to ban cigarettes for those under 21 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:09:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hawaii votes to ban cigarettes for those under 21 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hawaii votes to ban cigarettes for those under 21  (Read 5751 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 27, 2015, 04:36:27 PM »

The problem with the alcohol comparison is alcohol is fun and tobacco isn't. If underage just drink illegally (not like getting alcohol is difficult) instead of smoking.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:56:11 AM »

So then working class people who don't smoke don't have a true "working class life"?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:44:26 AM »

The majority of smokers are working class. Every increase in cigarette taxes and every step toward making the product harder and harder to get is a step toward the further criminalization of working class life.

I think you're viewing the issue to narrowly, if anything these types of laws help working class people. As much as smoking may define 'working class life'

What the hell? There are hordes of working class people who don't smoke. Probably a majority based on smoking rates in general actually.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 11:05:43 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2015, 11:07:35 AM by I left my heart in the back of the cab »

I agree the drinking age should be 18 but tobacco isn't a good substitute. When I was under 21 it just made me MORE mad I could use a finksing disgusting drug that wasn't even remotely fun but not fun things like marijuana and alcohol. Underage drinking is so much cooler and more fun than smoking at any age.

Do the fun things like marijuana and alcohol and just completely ignore the disgusting trash that is tobacco, regardless of legality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies