Have you ever accidentally called someone an "FF" or an "HP" in real life before
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:14:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever accidentally called someone an "FF" or an "HP" in real life before
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Have you ever accidentally called someone an "FF" or an "HP" in real life before  (Read 2093 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2015, 03:33:37 AM »
« edited: April 26, 2015, 05:13:10 AM by RR1997 »

This just happened to me yesterday. I was discussing the show they call "House of Cards" with a friend of mine. This is how the conversation went:

"I'm so glad they killed of Zoe. She was such an annoying HP. Peter Russo was an FF though. Killing him off was one of the worst decisions the creators made." I said.

"What?" my friend asked.

"Never mind." I replied.

Have any of you been in a similar situation? Has the Atlas Forum been engraved into your mind so much to the point where you accidentally start using forum memes in regular, everyday conversation?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:47:16 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2015, 03:56:11 AM by #ReadyForFlocka »

Yes. "Wrong and immoral" has transcended Atlas and actually become an inside joke with my friends. Whenever we see some weird things happening, we just say "wrong and immoral". First started when some guy was creepily hitting on me, so I said "Homosexuality is wrong and immoral" as soon as I got back to the dorm. Because it's been said about retromike and other Atlas gays that troll PAPOY for sex. Since then, we dropped the homosexuality part, expanded it to straights being creepy and other generally weird things that we can't handle.

I've also laughed in a kid's face because he said "Hey dude" to me because it was an IRC meme, and we are no longer friends because of it. Actually I can't use the phrase "Hey dude" without thinking of the meme and giggling like a 13-year-old. Thanks, IRC.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:05:56 AM »

Alpha Jews has become an inside joke with my friends.  [/kidding]
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 07:28:07 AM »

Why, yes, I have, you see.

Thanks waltermitty
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 08:43:15 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2015, 08:52:50 AM by traininthedistance »

I've called people "freedom fighters" and "horrible people", yes of course.

Generally try to spell it out rather than say "FF" and "HP", though, which would be the real confusing Atlas-ism.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 01:06:51 PM »

I've definitely used "Moderate Hero" in actual conversations before. I needed to clarify what it meant though.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 01:56:26 PM »

I've definitely used "Moderate Hero" in actual conversations before. I needed to clarify what it meant though.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »

Moderate hero at this point is a standard term in my vocabulary when discussing politics.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 03:37:25 PM »

A few times.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »

Haha, no, but I sometimes catch myself thinking it.

I also have used moderate hero, though, and people understand what I mean perfectly. Smiley I was actually talking to someone about Middle Ground Fallacy, and I said, "You know, a moderate hero! When in doubt at all or at the slightest sign of controversy, run to 'the center' and plant your banner there."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 04:19:55 PM »

No, I'm not that f**ked up yet.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »

I've used Moderate Hero before IRL, but these two?

Nah.

I've also never used True Leftist.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 08:04:18 PM »

I think I've used True Leftist before.  I've been tempted to call people "FFs" and "HPs" before.  Then I realized that I shouldn't do that.  Someone I go to college with is trying to find me, and he knows my username, just not the name of the forum.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 10:01:24 PM »

I haven't been on here that long.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »

I think I've used True Leftist before.  I've been tempted to call people "FFs" and "HPs" before.  Then I realized that I shouldn't do that.  Someone I go to college with is trying to find me, and he knows my username, just not the name of the forum.
Wut

What's so confusing?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 02:20:12 PM »

Wut

What's so confusing?
No so much confusing as concerning. Why is somebody trying to find you against your wishes, and how do they know your Atlas username but not the name of the Atlas Forum?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »

Wut
What's so confusing?
No so much confusing as concerning. Why is somebody trying to find you against your wishes, and how do they know your Atlas username but not the name of the Atlas Forum?
It's not a huge deal.  I think he saw me post on here before and remembered my username and R-SC avatar.  He then told me that he was showing people my posts.  I then asked him what the name of the forum is.  I could tell that he didn't know but he said he was trying to find it.  I'm not too worried because he isn't very smart.  He probably gave up.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »

Wut
What's so confusing?
It's not a huge deal.  I think he saw me post on here before and remembered my username and R-SC avatar.  He then told me that he was showing people my posts.  I then asked him what the name of the forum is.  I could tell that he didn't know but he said he was trying to find it.  I'm not too worried because he isn't very smart.  He probably gave up.

Is that why you changed your avatar? To throw off the scent?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 03:37:51 PM »

Wut
What's so confusing?

Is that why you changed your avatar? To throw off the scent?

That's pretty much it.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 11:05:39 AM »

No (enjoys having friends) Tongue
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 01:56:43 PM »

I've come close but I've always caught myself. I've said Moderate Hero before, though.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 02:15:20 PM »

I once used the word gerrymandering in protesting the division of a bulk weed purchase with three friends.

That's about how Atlas as I've gotten in real life.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 02:20:00 PM »

No, because luckily all Atlas memes are in English which is not the language I converse on a daily basis.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 02:40:48 PM »

I use more of the opeobisms.......adjectives as nouns.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies