Office of Former Northeast Representative Clyde1998
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:28:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former Northeast Representative Clyde1998
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Former Northeast Representative Clyde1998  (Read 773 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2015, 04:39:37 PM »
« edited: July 16, 2015, 04:40:57 PM by Clyde1998 »

Welcome to the office of Clyde1998 - former representative in the Northeast Assembly and a member of the Labour Party of Atlasia.

Feel free to ask questions here.

Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »

Electoral Reform Debates
I can confirm that I am in talks with oakvale and a Atlasia newspaper over holding a debate about the Electoral Reform Amendment - hopefully these debates can take place before the start of polling in the Mideast and Midwest regions - and the start of the debate in the South - and the close of polling in the Pacific and Northeast regions.

I will announce any information about the debate when I receive anything new.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »

Thank you for creating No campaign buttons.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

No problem and thank you for using one in your signature - I hoped that they would be an simple, but effective, way to show support for the no campaign. Smiley
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:53:27 PM »

Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 05:11:22 PM »

No news on the debates, yet - hopefully we'll get announcement tomorrow. We're just waiting for confirmation from the potential moderator.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 07:03:49 AM »

The debate between Oakvale and myself has started and can be viewed here.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 09:06:18 AM »

Statement
I'd like to take this opportunity to reflect of the campaign that we've just had.

The Electoral Reform Amendment campaign saw some massive turnouts in the Northeast and Midwest - reaching nearly 70% in both regions. This is an amazing feat of democracy. There was a turnout over 50% in the four regions that held referenda on the issue - showing the the people of Atlasia knew how important this vote was.

Additionally, the debate which I was apart of was a fun and exciting experience and I'd like to thank Oakvale for agreeing to take part, Lumine for the Tracker's involvement in running the debate and Hagrid for the way he hosted the debate. I'd also like to thank all those who followed it and hopefully it helped some people decide the way that they would vote on the amendment.

The polling at the start of the campaign put the No side behind - even when excluding the South - so I hope that I managed to convinced undecided voters to vote no. By the end, we managed to reach 50% of the vote.

Yesterday, I said that I was considering a few things.

Firstly, I'm deciding to stay on as a representative in the North East Assembly until the end of my term. When my term is over I will not seek re-election.

The main reason behind my decision is that I will not be on the site between mid-July and mid-August - due to a community work trip to Uganda. I feel that I shouldn't run for re-election knowing that I won't be able to complete my term.

When I return in mid-August, I will consider running for the Assembly again. However, I may consider other roles.

The decision based on the Electoral Reform Amendment was mainly whether I should resign now or not and I've chosen to remain a representative for the time being.

Secondly, until the end of my term, I'll continue as member of the Labour Party. However, I'm considering a number of options after this - staying on as a Labour member, becoming an independent, joining another party or creating a new party.

All four options will give me different challenges - so I'll weight them all up closer to the time.

I should point out that no-one has tried to force me out of the party - it's a decision that I've been considering since I opposed the amendment.

I think the best example of this happening is the three SNP MSPs that left the party following the party's change of position on NATO (SNP became pro-NATO). These people weren't forced out of the party, but they chose to leave, because they felt that it was the right thing to do - for both them and their party.

[As a side note, I joined the SNP after they changed the NATO policy, but I'm against Scottish NATO membership. However, the youth wing of the party still oppose NATO membership.]

I'd like to that everyone for their kind words following my statement yesterday. I think it helped my decision on staying on as an Assembly member in the North East.

Thank you and I'll take any questions that anyone has.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »

Election Statement
I would like to congratulate Castro, Pikachu, DemPGH, Evergreen and RGN on their election to the Northeast Assembly, as well as Sawx for his re-election as Governor. However, I am very concerned about the events that have followed the election - regarding Twistory and other potential socks in Atlasia.

I think that the five newly elected members are now confirmed as elected, with Twistory being banned.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 10:58:14 AM »

Brief Statement
I will be a candidate for Labour in the upcoming Northeast Senate Special Election.

If elected, I will work to reduce poverty across the region and country and attempt to make our society more equal. I will attempt to work with others, regardless of party or ideology - as I have done in the Northeast Assembly over the previous two terms.

If anyone has any questions - feel free to ask.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 05:50:31 PM »

Endorsed!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 09:42:43 PM »

Brief Statement
I will be a candidate for Labour in the upcoming Northeast Senate Special Election.

If elected, I will work to reduce poverty across the region and country and attempt to make our society more equal. I will attempt to work with others, regardless of party or ideology - as I have done in the Northeast Assembly over the previous two terms.

I have to say I enjoyed working with you in the Northeast Assembly.

Could you elaborate on your poverty reduction plan, which is a noble goal indeed.

Do you plan on proposing to drastically alter the tax structure to have the wealthy finance this plan?   
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 08:10:13 AM »

Brief Statement

I have to say I enjoyed working with you in the Northeast Assembly.

Could you elaborate on your poverty reduction plan, which is a noble goal indeed.

Do you plan on proposing to drastically alter the tax structure to have the wealthy finance this plan?   
Thank you.

On Poverty - I'm looking at increasing the public housing budget, to ensure that no-one is living on the streets and to ensure that help is always there to find houses for people who can't afford to buy their own home.

Also, there should be an attempt to improve the quality of poorer areas, by regenerating these areas to improve quality of housing and services. Over time this should help reduce poverty in the area, as more jobs would become available in those areas - either via increased public or private employment (or both).

I would also look at creating a public health service - however, I'm not sure how this would be funded at this point. I feel this could achieved by offering free healthcare for those earning less than $30k p/a, before increasing this overtime when the financial situation is improved. A public health service would mean that people aren't put into financial difficulties by illnesses or injuries. I feel that additional funding could come for this by increasing Healthcare Taxes slightly.

I don't think major changes are needed for the general public taxation - however I would look at increasing taxation on the richest companies in the country. Increasing the top corporate tax rate by 5% (from 25%) would generate an extra $54.5bn in taxation - enabling us to increase funding in programmes aimed at bringing the poorest people out of poverty, whilst remaining in a budget surplus.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »

Thank you.

However, big business, when faced with a 5% increase in corporate taxation, would tend under such circumstances to announce lay offs, thus increasing, potentially considerably, the unemployment rate. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 03:40:54 PM »

Endorsed
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 04:42:08 PM »

I'm going on a month-long trip to Uganda starting tomorrow - and I'll have limited (to no) internet access. If you send me anything between now and 14th August don't expect a quick response. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies