Do you like rain and snow?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:12:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Do you like rain and snow?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Both

Neither

Only rain

Only snow

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Do you like rain and snow?  (Read 1472 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 08:56:49 PM »

I have kind of a U shaped curve.  I like thunderstorms, and there's no reason for there not to be snow if it's below freezing.  But rain is terrible, except during a couple of weeks in the spring.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »

I have kind of a U shaped curve.  I like thunderstorms, and there's no reason for there not to be snow if it's below freezing.  But rain is terrible, except during a couple of weeks in the spring.

Yeah, I can understand this point of view. Thunder and lightening are cool, so if it's going to rain I prefer a thunderstorm, and if it absolutely has to be cold it might as well snow.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »

consider joining a gym or athletic club.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 02:28:29 AM »

Provided you have mountains to do something fun with it, snow is great. As it happens, this is the case for me, so I obviously love it.
Rain can be nice too, if I don't have to walk in it Tongue
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »

F**k snow.(normal)

Rains ok though.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2015, 09:10:34 AM »

Rain and snow in and of themselves are both wonderful and beautiful things! Liquid water splattering randomly everywhere, coolness striking your skin and dripping from your hair. And lovely white snow enveloping everything, softening the hard man-made right angles of streets and buildings. Have you ever seen a blanket of snow covering everything outside on an early morning before anyone had walked or driven through it? You should try it. And you should try sitting undercover outside during a thunderstorm, watching the lightning crack and divide the sky with terrifying fury. You should feel the panic when it strikes nearby and the power goes out. You have had never been under any real artificial violent threat, comfortable inside, but can look safely at nature splitting a sixty year-old tree in half while the sky spits tiny stinging droplets of water. If you don't think that's wonderful, we can't be friends.

On the other hand ..getting drenched, or having half frozen, half sopping wet pant legs and shoes when you finally manage to dig your way into the car having scraped off all the ice from the windshield, then nearly sliding into ditches when you brake over black ice, and having to wonder whether or not the weather will allow you to feasibly get home or to work.. screw that.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 01:28:17 PM »

I quite like the rain, particularly fall and winter rains. I find it especially calming when the days are shorter and I do like the occasional rainy overcast day.

As for snow, I only hate the possibility of living in it. I don't mind visiting places where there's snow, particularly the mountains.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies