Kids of Republicans pull parents to the left on gay marriage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:15:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kids of Republicans pull parents to the left on gay marriage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Kids of Republicans pull parents to the left on gay marriage  (Read 6481 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »

Don't pray for me, send money. Courting my fiance has cost tens of thousands in taxes alone. If we had run down to the JP on our first date, the government would have slashed my bill. Our relationship would be no different.

Reminds me of some debauched social custom you'd hear about in a Jane Austen novel. Congrats King. You may not have the wealth of the disgraceful landed aristocracy, but you have the apathy and disdain.

It's hilarious to hear you lecture somebody about disdain. You're made of it.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »

I have seen many  openly admit that they are all about making Christians feel hurt.  Our happiness and our feelings and our equality are meaningless

Ok, so give me a link or something. You must have documented some of this. Shouldn't be hard.

You know that no one will openly admit it too often. If it were truly about happiness and commitment, there wouldn't be a need for the in your face statements of many.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »

You just said you have seen MANY openly admit it.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2015, 01:24:06 PM »

You just said you have seen MANY openly admit it.

Yes, but not to the media, not to the public. Just in the homosexual social circles.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2015, 01:24:21 PM »

It's hilarious to hear you lecture somebody about disdain. You're made of it.

You hate education, and you think receiving an education is a slight against your person. That has nothing to do with me.

You could accuse me of having disdain for people who intentionally cause problems for selfish motivation, but you'd be a hypocrite for saying anything.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 01:24:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am struggling to understand his point -but I didn't see him express any disdain.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 01:26:15 PM »

AD expresses disdain with every word he types. It drips from him.

And as for you, without any evidence, I straight up don't believe a word you've got to say about homosexual social circles talking about getting married solely to spite Christians.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2015, 01:32:33 PM »

AD expresses disdain with every word he types. It drips from him.

And as for you, without any evidence, I straight up don't believe a word you've got to say about homosexual social circles talking about getting married solely to spite Christians.

I just don't see it I'm sorry. I don't understand what he's saying about this, but hate would be expressing disdain for gay people, and  don't see where that was done.

That is my experience in social circles, those who did not flaunt were ostracized. I'm glad it wasn't yours.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2015, 01:33:40 PM »

Your social circles must have existed inside a Jack Chick tract.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2015, 01:36:59 PM »

How would your social circle react to a gay male who opposes SSM? You know the answer.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2015, 01:39:07 PM »

How would your social circle react to a gay male who opposes SSM? You know the answer.

They would cast him out, rend his garments and cover him with ashes. They would yell "unclean!" and then they would go back and get gay married just to spite him. Obviously.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2015, 01:40:41 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2015, 01:43:47 PM by CountryClassSF »

They would cast him out, rend his garments and cover him with ashes. They would yell "unclean!" and then they would go back and get gay married just to spite him. Obviously.

I'm being serious.  And the last part, honestly, is serious-- That's how I feel. It's done to rub it in people's faces. Try being told you deserve to be alone and deserve no happiness.
That's true intolerance. That's true objection to equality

Casting aside those who are different, something gays fought for decades against.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/04/28/im-gay-and-i-oppose-same-sex-marriage/
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2015, 01:45:56 PM »

Try being told you deserve to be alone and deserve no happiness.

What do you think Christians (not all, but a lot) have been telling gay people basically forever?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »

What do you think Christians (not all, but a lot) have been telling gay people basically forever?

That they believe homosexuality is a sin, but still love you as a person.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2015, 01:50:06 PM »

That they believe homosexuality is a sin, but still love you as a person.

And that to be conferred with the grace of Jesus Christ, you much suppress any sexual desires you have (read: you deserve to be alone).
CountryClassSF

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »

The individual who wrote this article that I linked above was just published in the Federalist did so under a pseudonym out of fear of retribution from his gay social circle.

"The big secret in the LGBT community is that there are a significant number of gays and lesbians who oppose same-sex marriage, and an even larger number who are ambivalent. You don’t hear us speak out because gay rights activists (most of whom are straight) have a history of viciously stamping out any trace of individualism within the gay community. I asked to publish this article under a pseudonym, not because I fear harassment from Christian conservatives, but because I know this article will make me a target of the Gaystapo."

Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »

Use of "Gaystapo" marks him as obviously a very serious thinker.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »

The great Tammy Bruce coined the term "Gay Gestapo" - I prefer to use the longform myself.  The tactics they employ are gestapo-like.  Look at the ostracization.

This was a joy to read.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2015, 02:01:16 PM »

I hope those Republican kids who see that their party is hateful and dumb on the issue of homosexuality realize something. 

Your party is hateful and dumb in general, not just on one issue.  It's hateful towards poor people, black people, immigrants, Hispanic people, young people, middle class people.  It's dumb on the environment, on economic inequality, education, healthcare, foreign policy, etc..  So, stop being a Republican, because well-intentioned moderates only enable the rapacious corporate interests and bigots who run the GOP.

Support every policy of the Democratic Party, or you're dumb!

Those "well intentioned moderates" aren't enabling anyone.  And if you honestly believe that, then any "well intentioned moderate" who becomes a Democrat is enabling the far left, which - as MODERATES - they would likely have just as much issue with.

So, I guess you could keep pounding your chest about being a Democrat and worry about yourself.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2015, 02:11:25 PM »

The media unfortunately enables that narrative. Hollywood too. Anytime someone disagrees with the leftist agenda it  is either because of a sinister motive such as racism or playing politics, or we are just uneducated. They've illegitimized deviation from Marxism.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:22 PM »

The great Tammy Bruce coined the term "Gay Gestapo" - I prefer to use the longform myself.  The tactics they employ are gestapo-like.  Look at the ostracization.

This was a joy to read.

I'm a Catholic who doesn't feel the slightest bit of prosecution, ostrazcization, or persecution.

You're literally seeing and feeling things that aren't actually there. You're inventing these things in your mind but they're just that - internal fabrications.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »

But since you are (presumably) onboard with the gay agenda, you probably wouldn't feel any persecution because you agree with the leftists.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »

But since you are (presumably) onboard with the gay agenda, you probably wouldn't feel any persecution because you agree with the leftists.

So this isn't about "persecution" of Christians.

This is about not wanting to be told your views are backwards when they're backwards, and claiming that there's some sort of persecution going on when people call your beliefs out on being backwards.

CountryClassSF

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2015, 02:55:09 PM »

So this isn't about "persecution" of Christians.

This is about not wanting to be told your views are backwards when they're backwards, and claiming that there's some sort of persecution going on when people call your beliefs out on being backwards.

Well, I didn't say disagreement amounted to persecution, though. I said ostracizing and outcasting and the tactics used against Memories, the Cruz dudes, Brendan Eich & so many others were gestapo-like... That is why I feel for this person who wrote in the Federalist. You've fostered an environment where people have to be afraid to say their views or what shaped them - particularly amongst gays. that's where the persecution is.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2015, 03:10:21 PM »

The Gestapo was a repressive secret police that tortured and killed people. You don't get to say that people who disagree with you are like the goddamn Gestapo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies