Calm down PLEASE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:21:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Calm down PLEASE
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Calm down PLEASE  (Read 605 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2005, 10:02:11 AM »

Can you all please calm down? The way things are going right now everyones pets will be raising their own little armies/militias/fetish regiments...

My offer in the Gathering Storm thread is still open, and I would hope that both sides would take it rather than blow each others brains out over this.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 10:07:10 AM »

Yes, I totally agree.  Stop encouraging this.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 10:08:35 AM »

Can you all please calm down? The way things are going right now everyones pets will be raising their own little armies/militias/fetish regiments...

My offer in the Gathering Storm thread is still open, and I would hope that both sides would take it rather than blow each others brains out over this.

Um, this is a game, and I'm just trying to add some pepper to what has been rather bland lately. Unless you want to go back to talking about all Naso all the time again?
WiseGuy

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 10:08:56 AM »

Yes, I totally agree.  Stop encouraging this.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 10:15:32 AM »

Um, this is a game, and I'm just trying to add some pepper to what has been rather bland lately. Unless you want to go back to talking about all Naso all the time again?

I know it's just a game. You know it's just a game. Problem is that a lot of people here do seem to take it more seriously.

The problem with a civil war to make things more interesting is that in the long run it'll make things worse; the problem we've been having recently is a marked decline in the quality of candidates and more to the point a decline in the number of candidates. Naso was a symptom of the problem.
To make things funner we need more people. And I don't see how starting a civil war is going to help on that.

In addition to that, ever war has to have some poor sod lose a lot of hair trying to stop it.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 10:17:22 AM »

There won't be a war because the whole idea is preposterous. This was an exercise to get the government moving on all fronts. The regions, Senate, Supreme Court, and President are all acting on this issue instead of ragging on Naso.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 10:17:50 AM »

I know it's just a game. You know it's just a game. Problem is that a lot of people here do seem to take it more seriously.

The problem with a civil war to make things more interesting is that in the long run it'll make things worse; the problem we've been having recently is a marked decline in the quality of candidates and more to the point a decline in the number of candidates. Naso was a symptom of the problem.
To make things funner we need more people. And I don't see how starting a civil war is going to help on that.

In addition to that, ever war has to have some poor sod lose a lot of hair trying to stop it.

What you see as taking things too seriously I see as roleplaying. We are all acting a part in this greater Civil War epic. I think everybody knows that this, like everything on the forums, is meant to be fun and give a little spice to the game.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 10:28:08 AM »

What you see as taking things too seriously I see as roleplaying. We are all acting a part in this greater Civil War epic. I think everybody knows that this, like everything on the forums, is meant to be fun and give a little spice to the game.

Indeed. As stated before: If it wasn't for this we would probably be wasting time on Naso or maybe nothing at all.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies