Anti-gay lawmaker outed by man he flirted online
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:42:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-gay lawmaker outed by man he flirted online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Anti-gay lawmaker outed by man he flirted online  (Read 5494 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:05:51 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/2015/04/28/anti-gay-lawmaker-outed-in-gay-chat-group/

North Dakota state Rep. Randy Boehning (R) sent an explicit photo of himself to another man and claims “the exchange being made public is retaliation for a recent vote against expanding gay rights,” the Forum of Fargo-Moorhead reports.

“The exchange came to light when Dustin Smith, a 21-year-old Bismarck man with no known connections to the Capitol, contacted The Forum earlier this month, saying he recognized Boehning from a gay dating smartphone app called Grindr. Chatting under the user name Top Man!, Boehning sent Smith sexually suggestive messages and, in the early morning hours of March 12, an unsolicited photo of his penis.”

But Boehning is glad he was outed: “The 1,000-pound gorilla has been lifted. I have to confront it at some point.”
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:09:49 PM »

This would be better if he looked like Aaron Schock.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:11:41 PM »

What is "anti-gay" about this person?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:15:08 PM »

Example A of bullying. He's not allowed to live a private life but still think a certain way. Not sure what his physical appearance has to do with anything, and not sure when the gay rights movement was about violating the privacy of others. Sad.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 07:30:56 PM »

You have to feel bad for the guy that he was so far in the closet he felt he had to vote against his own rights. In this day and age, no one should feel like that.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »

You have to feel bad for the guy that he was so far in the closet he felt he had to vote against his own rights. In this day and age, no one should feel like that.

Some people do not believe in SSM and happen to be gay.  Accept it. And they still don't deserve to be outed.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »

Some people do not believe in SSM and happen to be gay.  Accept it. And they still don't deserve to be outed.

I'm sure this man, despite specifically stating he's glad to have been outed, will be flattered by your standing up for him!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What else can he say? Maybe he believes in forgiveness
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 07:49:35 PM »

What else can he say? Maybe he believes in forgiveness

Or maybe he's relieved that he no longer has to hide in the shadows and vote against gay rights for the sake of winning votes. But no, I'm sure you're right, he's probably just one of those all-too-common gays who are fed up with having human rights forced onto them without their consent! Once again, your dedication to standing up for and protecting the gay community from fair and equal treatment is absolutely valiant! You're a true hero.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »

Outing people is NEVER acceptable.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 07:58:56 PM »

Yes, because there's obviously a large population of LGBT folks that would vote or speak out against their own civil rights. Sure, you keep on thinking that.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 08:01:02 PM »

Do you realize that some people may think something is a  "civil right" but another person may not think so? Or, perhaps that person may support the specific policy, but not believe its a civil right.

He still doesn't deserve to be outed for "retaliation."  People asked for examples of why people say Gay Gestapo like the OP in the Federalist Article, why people say they feel intimidated and hurt as I have, these are the answers to those questions.  Any dissent is not permitted, apparently. This man did not deserve to have his privacy violated by this ... person.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »

Do you realize that some people may think something is a  "civil right" but another person may not think so? Or, perhaps that person may support the specific policy, but not believe its a civil right.

He still doesn't deserve to be outed for "retaliation."  People asked for examples of why people say Gay Gestapo like the OP in the Federalist Article, why people say they feel intimidated and hurt as I have, these are the answers to those questions.  Any dissent is not permitted, apparently. This man did not deserve to have his privacy violated by this ... person.

That's a valid opinion that I can agree with, but it doesn't help when you muddy it up with suggestions that people who don't believe they deserve equal rights, opportunities, or whatever you would like to call them, make up a sizable portion of the gay community.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 08:08:41 PM »

I am glad we can agree on that.  Let me say, I don't think it's a sizable portion, but simply larger than those of us who publicly say so.  And not just  closeted men, openly gay men - who oppose the agenda. But many are afraid to speak out because their social circle would reject them, or, their partner may leave them.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »

I am glad we can agree on that.  Let me say, I don't think it's a sizable portion, but simply larger than those of us who publicly say so.  And not just  closeted men, openly gay men - who oppose the agenda. But many are afraid to speak out because their social circle would reject them, or, their partner may leave them.

I agree with CountryClass on an issue? What is this madness?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »

What is "anti-gay" about this person?

because he is one of these people (upper right hand corner)...
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 09:32:56 PM »

If he didn't want to be outed publicly he maybe should not have used a face pic on a public gay sex social network?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »

Also why is it that gross old men on Grindr always lead by showing you their junk?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 09:37:56 PM »

Also why is it that gross old men on Grindr always lead by showing you their junk?

Because they're gross. You answered your question. I still don't believe in outing.

Many gay conservatives oppose ENDA on libertarian grounds.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 01:19:22 AM »

Can you please stop responding to countryclass's inanities?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 04:13:11 AM »

He outed himself.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 06:11:15 AM »

Can you please stop responding to countryclass's inanities?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 06:27:31 AM »

I guess this is less embarrassing than the airport bathroom.  How long until he cries on camera and claims he was "sinning" and begs for the help of his good-natured Christey bretheren? 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:28 AM »

My point of view is that whatever one does on dating sites might well be exposed, and one should just accept that. If you have something to hide, don't go there and hawk your wares. A good question to ask about any personal conduct, is if it were splashed all over the papers, would one feel embarrassed or ashamed by it? It makes it a lot easier to sleep at night if one hews to that standard. Thank heavens that we are getting close to the point, that assuming there is no cheating or lying involved, it really does not matter much if one is outed or not. I do think folks miss the point, that what one does in one's personal life, even if perfectly moral, may not necessarily make good policy. Thus I don't consider gays, closeted or not, who vote against a proposed gay right, to necessarily be hypocrites. Indeed, depending on the circumstances, I find such a charge to be very unfair.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 07:20:28 AM »

I generally agree here, but there are exceptions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies