Anti-gay lawmaker outed by man he flirted online (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:35:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-gay lawmaker outed by man he flirted online (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-gay lawmaker outed by man he flirted online  (Read 5548 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: April 28, 2015, 07:15:08 PM »

Example A of bullying. He's not allowed to live a private life but still think a certain way. Not sure what his physical appearance has to do with anything, and not sure when the gay rights movement was about violating the privacy of others. Sad.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »

You have to feel bad for the guy that he was so far in the closet he felt he had to vote against his own rights. In this day and age, no one should feel like that.

Some people do not believe in SSM and happen to be gay.  Accept it. And they still don't deserve to be outed.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What else can he say? Maybe he believes in forgiveness
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »

Outing people is NEVER acceptable.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 08:01:02 PM »

Do you realize that some people may think something is a  "civil right" but another person may not think so? Or, perhaps that person may support the specific policy, but not believe its a civil right.

He still doesn't deserve to be outed for "retaliation."  People asked for examples of why people say Gay Gestapo like the OP in the Federalist Article, why people say they feel intimidated and hurt as I have, these are the answers to those questions.  Any dissent is not permitted, apparently. This man did not deserve to have his privacy violated by this ... person.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 08:08:41 PM »

I am glad we can agree on that.  Let me say, I don't think it's a sizable portion, but simply larger than those of us who publicly say so.  And not just  closeted men, openly gay men - who oppose the agenda. But many are afraid to speak out because their social circle would reject them, or, their partner may leave them.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 09:37:56 PM »

Also why is it that gross old men on Grindr always lead by showing you their junk?

Because they're gross. You answered your question. I still don't believe in outing.

Many gay conservatives oppose ENDA on libertarian grounds.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 10:01:03 AM »

Happy to agree with you
CountryClassSF

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 10:08:32 AM »

As far as I'm aware though, the only thing he voted against was an ENDA-type bill.  Many gay people oppose this on libertarian grounds.  Opposing the bill does not mean, atleast for most people, that they want to discriminate against gays
CountryClassSF

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »

Exactly - you articulated what I was trying to say a little bit better. I oppose ENDA on the grounds that I believe it could lead to frivolous lawsuits.  One also has to remember that ideally, elected representatives serve at the behest of their constituents, not themselves.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 01:14:21 AM »

Lol, there is so much trolling going on in here. Opposing ENDA makes one contradictory with the values of the LGBT Community, period.

I'm not a community, I'm an individual who thinks for himself.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 03:17:06 PM »

Who knows if it's a psychological condition or not?  If it was, the implication isn't that it's a "bad" thing to have or that the person who has it should be stigmatized in any way.  Why so much PC?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies