Opinion of SuperCuts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:04:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of SuperCuts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Opinion of SuperCuts  (Read 8095 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 06:12:37 PM »
« edited: May 01, 2015, 06:18:11 PM by Dallasfan65 »

I usually go there when I need a trim. It's fine. And there are better substitutes for interesting personality traits than bitching about chains, FTR.

Well, you suck then.

OK. Any reason why I should go to some hepcat barber shop just to get the same exact trim I'd otherwise get, cupcake?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I wasn't implying that interesting people can't complain about chains. I was just pointing out that you've repeatedly used it as a crutch, in lieu of saying something interesting.

My point is that perhaps if you hadn't taken 9300 posts to repeat the same three* (unoriginal) thoughts over and over again since 2004, I might not be passing stones on this "contribution." Seriously, next thing you know you'll be using some lame Olive Garden joke as a fall back.

*1. dae think Republicans suck? lmao
2. /r/euphoric atheism
3. LOL opebo!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 06:25:50 PM »

I usually go there when I need a trim. It's fine. And there are better substitutes for interesting personality traits than bitching about chains, FTR.

Well, you suck then.

OK. Any reason why I should go to some hepcat barber shop just to get the same exact trim I'd otherwise get, cupcake?

I wasn't implying that interesting people can't complain about chains. I was just pointing out that you've repeatedly used it as a crutch, in lieu of saying something interesting.

My point is that perhaps if you hadn't taken 9300 posts to repeat the same three* (unoriginal) thoughts over and over again since 2004, I might not be passing stones on this "contribution." Seriously, next thing you know you'll be using some lame Olive Garden joke as a fall back.

*1. dae think Republicans suck? lmao
2. /r/euphoric atheism
3. LOL opebo!

You're an angry person.  Get help.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »

I'm sorry Uncle Angus and memph, but can't there be a few things that corporate parasites don't get their greedy mits into?  

strip clubs, maybe?  The kind where 20-year-old women with muffs shaved to resemble a pencil just above take off one garment at a time and throw it on you in exchange for small notes.  (the tacit implication being that for bigger notes you might get a taste.)  Those places where they charge you nine dollars for a 12-ounce bottle of Sam Adams and require that you order at least one drink every 30 minutes in order to keep your chair.  I'm sure you know the type of joint.  I know of no chain version of those.

Of course some corporate exec will read this post and get the idea.  It's only a matter of time till we begin to see big neon TGIpussy signs (with a familiar child-friendly logo, "Gluten- and peanut-free complementary snacks") on every block.  

I take great pride in knowing I helped those fine young gals through college.  TGIpussy will certainly hire supermodels and put the poor things out of business : (
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 07:51:01 PM »

I like my local SuperCuts. This elderly lady there cuts my hair every time and does a great job.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 08:04:12 PM »

Who said you have to have the same preferences as me?  Why can't anyone in this place differentiate criticism and intolerance?
You stated your opinion, and then attacked anyone who disagreed with you about a completely subjective preference (where you like getting your hair cut). Can't you just live and let live and accept that some people like something you don't?

You honestly just sound like that stuck-up kid everyone knew who would give other kids sh**t because their clothes were from generic affordable chain stores. It's just a haircut.

There are plenty of traditional neighborhood barbershops left, because there are some people who like them (I can only wonder if you're one of them). There are also places like SuperCuts because other people like them. Why can't you just accept that people have different preferences about haircuts and , as result, there are different kinds of barbershops. This all goes back to the fact that you just can't stand that everyone doesn't have the same values and preferences as you.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 10:45:16 PM »

Who said you have to have the same preferences as me?  Why can't anyone in this place differentiate criticism and intolerance?
You stated your opinion, and then attacked anyone who disagreed with you about a completely subjective preference (where you like getting your hair cut). Can't you just live and let live and accept that some people like something you don't?

You honestly just sound like that stuck-up kid everyone knew who would give other kids sh**t because their clothes were from generic affordable chain stores. It's just a haircut.

There are plenty of traditional neighborhood barbershops left, because there are some people who like them (I can only wonder if you're one of them). There are also places like SuperCuts because other people like them. Why can't you just accept that people have different preferences about haircuts and , as result, there are different kinds of barbershops. This all goes back to the fact that you just can't stand that everyone doesn't have the same values and preferences as you.

Sigh.  Yes, whatever, your pedestrian attempts to insult me/be my therapist/whatever point you are trying to make... I don't even know because it's uncomprehensible, let-me-be-the-crowd-pleaser nonsense.  We are on a political forum and I'm disagreeing with a point of view.  Yes, passionately, but that's just my opinion and my style.  I'm not gonna be all like: OH DAG NABBIT!  THESE DARN CHAINS!  i tell it like how I think it is.  How this is out of place or deserving of insult?  I don't know.  You and your boy-toy DallasfanFromMassachuetts can work that out via PM, which is how I assume all libertarians communicate because I've met 10 all they all post here.  I guess in the end it's this; why do you care so much that I don't like chains?  In your ridiculous attempt to conjure my opinion into a personal attack against anybody your only result was to personally attack me.  That's kinda sad. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2015, 11:11:04 PM »

I'm pretty sure my local barber shop costs less than SuperCuts.

Anyway, horrible (normal, sane)
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 10:39:59 AM »

I'm sorry you don't like SuperCuts, HockeyDude. Did they give you a bad haircut or something? Next time you should go to SportClips for a high quality trim.

The quality has nothing to do with it.  Nor wouls I ever go there or a "Sports Clips".  Whatever that is.
No man it's SportClips not "Sports Clips." Gotta respect a quality brand. Anyway, I think you should try them out. You would enjoy the general atmosphere of the place Smiley It's much more relaxed and non-corporate, you know? I mean check out this picture.

Frightening.  Truly frightening.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 10:41:23 AM »

Whoa, whoa!  Shots fired! Shots fired!

We have any more fire going off here folks this thread will be labeled a high crime area!  Let's tone it down a notch, or at the very least come to an agreement about what exactly a "chain" is.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »

No, as you see.  In a local barbershop there is an understood relationship between the patron and the owner.  Since you've been going there for a long time/converse with the nice person, you often will "tip" the person.  I know this sounds just awful, I mean, why should this disgusting peon get your hard earned paper money?  But hear me out.  Often this is mutually beneficial.  The owner/barber makes a little extra in his day of work, and you "feel good" for helping out a friend.  So that's where the extra cost comes from.  I know Mr. memphis says he does "tip" at these places, but he is a Democrat and by definition overly generous and well-meaning.  Ask Bushie if he tips at the Sportz Clipz.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »

No, as you see.  In a local barbershop there is an understood relationship between the patron and the owner.  Since you've been going there for a long time/converse with the nice person, you often will "tip" the person.  I know this sounds just awful, I mean, why should this disgusting peon get your hard earned paper money?  But hear me out.  Often this is mutually beneficial.  The owner/barber makes a little extra in his day of work, and you "feel good" for helping out a friend.  So that's where the extra cost comes from.  I know Mr. memphis says he does "tip" at these places, but he is a Democrat and by definition overly generous and well-meaning.  Ask Bushie if he tips at the Sportz Clipz.

Unfortunately, I don't believe I can answer that.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 08:12:32 AM »

Interpretation: My parents didn't give me money for a tip.  Hey don't judge!  The economy is so tough now days and I am above honest employment!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »

Interpretation: My parents didn't give me money for a tip.  Hey don't judge!  The economy is so tough now days and I am above honest employment!

No, there is a forum rule in place that I cannot divulge personal information or talk about my personal life in anyway.  I don't feel like getting death points...
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 10:20:09 AM »

No, there is a forum rule in place that I cannot divulge personal information or talk about my personal life in anyway.  I don't feel like getting death points...

lmao
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »

Went to a SportsCuts the last few times, but only because the local places i usually frequent couldn't get me in. And yes, they accept tips too.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2015, 10:37:30 AM »

I have never heard of not tipping a hairstylist. Even for the many times when I was completely underwhelmed by overpriced haircuts, that's just rude, but I wouldn't be surprised by the rest of this horrendous country that thinks 15% is a very good service tip at a restaurant.

I usually go to GreatClips currently because the local barbershop always cut my hair about 3" shorter than I told them to after my barber left, and every single salon I go to fails to do what I ask (though I keep trying).
It's a chain, but it's one of the few places that is capable of doing something at least resembling what I asked even if the appointment time is too short to trouble with the finer details.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2015, 02:52:23 PM »

Even with the tip I think it still might be less expensive than SuperCuts without a tip.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015, 04:57:15 PM »

Went to a SportsCuts the last few times, but only because the local places i usually frequent couldn't get me in. And yes, they accept tips too.

I just heard of SportsCuts today for the first time.  I took the boy to a Lancaster Barnstormers game today--yeah, we got a team; Barnstormers were the 2014 Atlantic League champions too--and during the seventh-inning stretch when that red cow/bird mascot thing came out he gave out a ticket to the first person in Section 18 who could correctly name the movie from which they played a three-second clip of a kid saying "Joe Dimaggio."  The correct answer was Sandlot, by the way.  I was sitting in Section 23 and was therefore unqualified, but that's okay because I already a free slushie coupon from when they gave out free slushie coupons to everyone in Section 14 (which my son and I unceremoniously moved to as they made the announcement regarding the slushie coupons.)

After I heard the SportsCuts announcement I thought SportsCuts was probably a local joint, but since you have it in Ohio I guess it's a chain.  Who knew?  Anyway, the guy who answered Sandlot had a fierce and magnificent mullet, the sort of which I haven't seen for a long time.  It was projected in all its glory upon the big screen behind centerfield.  He had a nice porn star mustache as well.  If I were him I'd avoid all barber shops at all costs, since few could probably do justice to his mullet nowadays.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 05:57:23 PM »

I prefer Master Cuts. However, I haven't had my hair professionally cut since either 2012 or 2013 (not sure).

I hate the process of getting your hair cut. I hate barbers who think I'm obligated to talk to them while they cut my hair. I don't want to talk to you. I want you to cut my hair. I've never been able to find a barber who I could go to regularly; in college I'd go to a random Master Cuts when I needed a hair cut. The people who you would go to multiple times work at salons and tend to overcharge.

I actually am in need of a hair cut right now. I might cut my own hair this time. lol.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 07:09:27 PM »

I gets my hair did at SuperCuts
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2015, 08:18:08 PM »

My woman cuts it because I'm cheap Tongue I do enjoy the occasional straight shave at my local mom n pop barber though.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »

This thread is suspicious.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2015, 10:46:38 PM »

Why?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2015, 04:13:45 PM »

Got my second haircut of the year today.  About time.  My last one was in mid-January and folks were starting to tell me I look like the Virgin Atlantic airlines guy.  I generally get one haircut in August and another in January.  The long stretch between January and August makes it pretty long by now.  I paid seven dollars.  Actually eight, since I gave the woman a one-dollar gratuity.  I also took the boy.  It was only his second professional haircut.  Once when he was about 5 I took him to a barber and he couldn't really stand still.  Now he's 10 and I thought he could.  Also, he's getting to the point of wanting something other than Mama and Daddy's chili bowl cut, so I forked out eight bucks for him as well.  It was all very exciting. 

There's a great clips about 500 meters walk from my house, but they're kinda expensive--at least ten dollars--so we have never gone there.  Anyway, we should be good till winter comes.  He'll probably expect all his haircuts to come from real barbers now.  Innocence lost.  Oh, well.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies