Childcare Reform Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:26:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Childcare Reform Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Childcare Reform Act (Debating)  (Read 4853 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: May 01, 2015, 09:50:02 AM »

I object the amendment.

we need free childcare for all children-mainly because it encourages women to get back into work at a much quicker age. Free childcare for toddlers can help a family get back to work. I also feel that the funding is getting cut back too much-50% is simply too low
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »

This is why something like this should be regionalized or have a regional component of some sorts. There are parts of the country where subsidizing 50% or even 25% of people making 100,000 is pretty ridiculous, like in the rural areas of the South and Midwest. It does make sense in New York or LA though.

I disagree, the federal government should act in these circumstances. If the states have taken too long to put in place something than we should act-this is a good piece of legislation that will help people get back to work whilst supporting the poorest in our society
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »

Or you could just include a provision forcing the federal DoIA to set the guidelines for that.

I'd be more than happy to do that
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »

I still think the best option is to give an amount of how many hours of free childcare each family gets per week, and act under what's called 'a pupil prenimum' which we have in the UK where the govt give funding per student.

I mean I'm only against giving it on the basis of wealth, because there's going to be a cut off point where a single  mother on 20,001 is not going to get any free childcare, whilst a couple both earning 19,000 get it. I know that's not what the bill says but it's a common problem when you have these caps in regards to education
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 12:49:18 PM »

I want to try and clear up the Senate, this bill has been debated for a very long time, and if it can't move forward with any proposals I think this bill may have to be tabled 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 01:31:53 AM »

I second the motion, this bill has been on the floor for too long to expect anything now
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 08:36:04 AM »

According to the Senate rules we have to vote on tabling this bill, which seems pointless but we'll go ahead. All Senators have 24 hours to vote on whether to table or not

Aye
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »

Sorry, thought I did this before. This bill has been tabled
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies