rough 2040 electoral map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:11:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  rough 2040 electoral map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: rough 2040 electoral map  (Read 10593 times)
bobloblaw
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2015, 02:32:48 PM »

Clearly every single State will be voting Democrat by then because of demographics and support for gay marriage. That's at least what Democrats have told me and they really seem to have a religious-level belief in it so ...

A lot of Dems and liberals believe in a version of Marx's Theory Of History. Where we are on a historical track that cannot be changed that leads to an inevitable conclusion.
bobloblaw
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2015, 02:34:45 PM »

Reagan 84, Bush 88, and Bush 04 won 60% of whites. It's not new for 60% of whites to vote GOP. The only difference is that 60% of whites doesn't win elections anymore.
The GOP will routinely get 70% of the white vote in 20 years. Their political survival will require it.

You'll sound more believable when you can give reasons other than "Democrats will be the party that will hate white people and pander to minorities! It's true, I said so!" or "Republicans will just be the white man's party, they'll never attempt minority outreach! It's true, I said so!"

Just saying.

The 2012 campaign. Booing God and Israel. Running away from white blue collar workers. Some conservatives say the 4-5 million whites who stayed home were conservatives who didnt like Romney. More likely they were white blue collar workers who didnt like Obama and felt abandon by the Dems but didnt support the GOP.

Does that describe you?  If so, get lost and go try to reform the Democrats to be a party more to your liking instead of what you're doing now in the GOP (i.e., ruin THEIR electoral prospects, not ours).

This is what I like about you, you recognize what the parties are supposed to be. I wish that more Rockefeller type Republicans would stay in the GOP instead of infecting the Democrats with their cultural elitism.

While I strongly object to the notion that being a pro-civil rights, pro-business Republican in the classical "Rockefeller" sense is inherently elitist (I live in a quaint town in Maine full of "Rockefeller Republicans" [it's majority Republican registration but voted Obama twice], and I wouldn't describe these people as elitist in any way), it does bother me that there seems to be a growing movement of ... well, let's just say it: culturally intolerant people ... who seem hell-bent on fully transforming the GOP into a full-fledged nativist party of "real Americans."  It's disturbing.

We dont need you in the GOP

Yeah you do.

Unless you want the GOP to be locked out of the EC permanently.

Rovckefeller GOPers add nothing and are nonplayers in states like VA, CO, FL and OH. Who cares about CT, NY and RI?

Plenty of Rockefeller Republicans in the Chicago area. If the GOP could turn the suburbs back in their favor while keeping downstate solid Republican as well, they would be looking at Illinois being lean R.

It would take more than that. In 1988, GHW Bush won 35% in the city of Chicago. So winning 70% in Dupage, Will and Lake wont cut it if you still win 20% in Chicago.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2015, 06:45:05 PM »

not sure what the exact electoral vote totals will be and this is admittedly based on pure speculation.

Very interesting and pretty accurate! I would differ with you on Michigan, Connecticut, Colorado, and South Carolina, however.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »

not sure what the exact electoral vote totals will be and this is admittedly based on pure speculation.

Very interesting and pretty accurate! I would differ with you on Michigan, Connecticut, Colorado, and South Carolina, however.

How can you know if it is accurate? Are you from the  future  And know what 2040's EV map looks like?
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2015, 01:02:04 PM by Cryptic »

Pure Speculation:

EVs are 2012, but this is my guess of how the states will roughly break down in 25 years. Could be totally wrong too. As Yoda said, "Always in motion is the future."
bobloblaw
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2015, 12:45:06 PM »

Reagan 84, Bush 88, and Bush 04 won 60% of whites. It's not new for 60% of whites to vote GOP. The only difference is that 60% of whites doesn't win elections anymore.
The GOP will routinely get 70% of the white vote in 20 years. Their political survival will require it.

You'll sound more believable when you can give reasons other than "Democrats will be the party that will hate white people and pander to minorities! It's true, I said so!" or "Republicans will just be the white man's party, they'll never attempt minority outreach! It's true, I said so!"

Just saying.

The 2012 campaign. Booing God and Israel. Running away from white blue collar workers. Some conservatives say the 4-5 million whites who stayed home were conservatives who didnt like Romney. More likely they were white blue collar workers who didnt like Obama and felt abandon by the Dems but didnt support the GOP.

Does that describe you?  If so, get lost and go try to reform the Democrats to be a party more to your liking instead of what you're doing now in the GOP (i.e., ruin THEIR electoral prospects, not ours).

This is what I like about you, you recognize what the parties are supposed to be. I wish that more Rockefeller type Republicans would stay in the GOP instead of infecting the Democrats with their cultural elitism.

While I strongly object to the notion that being a pro-civil rights, pro-business Republican in the classical "Rockefeller" sense is inherently elitist (I live in a quaint town in Maine full of "Rockefeller Republicans" [it's majority Republican registration but voted Obama twice], and I wouldn't describe these people as elitist in any way), it does bother me that there seems to be a growing movement of ... well, let's just say it: culturally intolerant people ... who seem hell-bent on fully transforming the GOP into a full-fledged nativist party of "real Americans."  It's disturbing.

We dont need you in the GOP

Yeah you do.

Unless you want the GOP to be locked out of the EC permanently.

Rovckefeller GOPers add nothing and are nonplayers in states like VA, CO, FL and OH. Who cares about CT, NY and RI?

Plenty of Rockefeller Republicans in the Chicago area. If the GOP could turn the suburbs back in their favor while keeping downstate solid Republican as well, they would be looking at Illinois being lean R.
More like Jim Edgar Republicans
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »

2044 (Democratic victory)

Pres. Ted Will (D-NC)/Gov. Chris Martinez (D-NV): 332 EV, 52.9% ✓
Gov. Bill Mitchell (R-PA)/Sen. Pete Gonzalez (R-FL): 196 EV, 44.8%

2048 (Republican victory)

Gov. Miguel Sanchez (R-TX)/Sen. Jason Blunt (R-MI): 303 EV, 48.7% ✓
Sen. Cynthia Martinez (D-CO)/Gov. Bruce Long (D-MS): 219 EV, 49.8%
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2016, 07:24:21 PM »

2044 (Democratic victory)

Pres. Ted Will (D-NC)/Gov. Chris Martinez (D-NV): 332 EV, 52.9% ✓
Gov. Bill Mitchell (R-PA)/Sen. Pete Gonzalez (R-FL): 196 EV, 44.8%

2048 (Republican victory)

Gov. Miguel Sanchez (R-TX)/Sen. Jason Blunt (R-MI): 303 EV, 48.7% ✓
Sen. Cynthia Martinez (D-CO)/Gov. Bruce Long (D-MS): 219 EV, 49.8%
Can you please refer me to your local drug dealer?  I'd love to know whatever drug you were on when you wrote this.  There's no way MA goes GOP while NH goes Dem, even in a major GOP year.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies