baltimore pd also mistreating trans people
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:49:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  baltimore pd also mistreating trans people
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: baltimore pd also mistreating trans people  (Read 938 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

appears to have been wrongfully arrested, to boot.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 07:50:04 PM »

What does it mean to be "assigned male at birth"? You are either born male or you are not, no?
It means you were assigned based on your external genitalia rather than the gender you "really" are inside.

I put really in the scare quotes because if gender is a social construct rather a bit of physical anatomy, then no one is "really" a particular gender.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:01:20 PM »

What does it mean to be "assigned male at birth"? You are either born male or you are not, no?
It means a gross slimy screaming blob sclurped out and it had a dingaling so they said "it's a boy!" And wrote it on the piece of paper you must have to prove you're alive.

That someone might not be what they appear to be hasn't crossed peoples' minds because they still love them some sheeps with fangs and a bark.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 08:23:19 PM »

It means you were assigned based on your external genitalia rather than the gender you "really" are inside.

I put really in the scare quotes because if gender is a social construct rather a bit of physical anatomy, then no one is "really" a particular gender.

It's neither. If gender were determined by sex, trans people wouldn't exist by definition. If gender were a social construct,  every tomboy would just be a boy (if, of course, I am understanding those social-construct people).
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 08:45:29 PM »

People who are wrongfully arrested usually don't have bail set at $75,000, then increased to $100,000.  The police don't set bail.  A judge does.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »

Point of order: Gender and sex are two different things. She was not "assigned" a sex a birth, she was male.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »

People who are wrongfully arrested usually don't have bail set at $75,000, then increased to $100,000.  The police don't set bail.  A judge does.
Judges also generally assume at bail hearings that the police are telling the truth. Most people can't afford a Perry Mason to defend them at a trial, let alone pre-trial hearings.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 04:23:30 PM »

"Assigned (male/female) at birth" is the new politically correct way of saying born with man parts or woman parts. I had a transgender person (technically "non-binary gender queer" person) on my work team for a few months who insisted on politically-correct trans language.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »

"Assigned (male/female) at birth" is the new politically correct way of saying born with man parts or woman parts. I had a transgender person (technically "non-binary gender queer" person) on my work team for a few months who insisted on politically-correct trans language.

oh, no! however did you survive?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »

Does the ENDA extend to such cases?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2015, 09:38:46 AM by Acting Pope Urban IX »

Does the ENDA extend to such cases?

Some states, not federally.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 11:55:39 AM »

This can't be just happening in Baltimore either.......good luck in the deep south.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies