St. Dep.:No evidence Hillary was influenced by Clinton foundation donations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:35:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  St. Dep.:No evidence Hillary was influenced by Clinton foundation donations
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: St. Dep.:No evidence Hillary was influenced by Clinton foundation donations  (Read 1180 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2015, 01:41:01 AM »

I doubt it will put to rest all the conspiracy theories but here it is.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/state-department-no-evidence-hillary-clinton-influenced-foundation-donations-while-in-office/article/2563979?utm_content=buffer3eff9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The State Department has not found any evidence that, while serving as secretary of state, Hillary Clinton took any actions influenced by donations to the Clinton Foundation.

"We are not aware of any evidence that actions taken by Secretary Clinton were influenced by donation to the Clinton Foundation or speech on honoraria of former President Clinton," State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke said during a Monday press briefing.

The State Department's comments come on the eve of the official release of "Clinton Cash," a book about Clinton's tenure as secretary of state that alleges she used her power in office to provide favors to foreign governments who made donations to the Clinton Foundation.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 02:57:13 AM »

Sad that there was nothing here. Time to move on to the next scandal.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 04:23:38 AM »

That's what they want us to believe!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:07:10 AM »

Did the State Department investigate the matter after Clinton info bomb was released, before making this statement? I'm not aware of any influence either, which means nothing. In other news, my liberal Democratic female cousin here in Hudson, formerly a big Hillary fan, after having read the NY Times articles on all of this, is now no longer a supporter of Hillary, and thinks she's corrupt. I was kind of shocked when she told me this last night at the dinner table. This election cycle may be considerably more interesting than previously anticipated. I'm beginning to think Kasich might be the perfect antidote to Hillary's hauteur.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 07:15:29 AM »

Did the State Department investigate the matter after Clinton info bomb was released, before making this statement? I'm not aware of any influence either, which means nothing. In other news, my liberal Democratic female cousin here in Hudson, formerly a big Hillary fan, after having read the NY Times articles on all of this, is now no longer a supporter of Hillary, and thinks she's corrupt. I was kind of shocked when she told me this last night at the dinner table.

I didn't know you were related to the Naso family Torie.
bobloblaw
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »

I doubt it will put to rest all the conspiracy theories but here it is.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/state-department-no-evidence-hillary-clinton-influenced-foundation-donations-while-in-office/article/2563979?utm_content=buffer3eff9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The State Department has not found any evidence that, while serving as secretary of state, Hillary Clinton took any actions influenced by donations to the Clinton Foundation.

"We are not aware of any evidence that actions taken by Secretary Clinton were influenced by donation to the Clinton Foundation or speech on honoraria of former President Clinton," State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke said during a Monday press briefing.

The State Department's comments come on the eve of the official release of "Clinton Cash," a book about Clinton's tenure as secretary of state that alleges she used her power in office to provide favors to foreign governments who made donations to the Clinton Foundation.

There are no conspiracy theories. The simple fact is the Clinton's play fast and looses with campaign donations and always have.
bobloblaw
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 10:04:09 AM »

Did the State Department investigate the matter after Clinton info bomb was released, before making this statement? I'm not aware of any influence either, which means nothing. In other news, my liberal Democratic female cousin here in Hudson, formerly a big Hillary fan, after having read the NY Times articles on all of this, is now no longer a supporter of Hillary, and thinks she's corrupt. I was kind of shocked when she told me this last night at the dinner table. This election cycle may be considerably more interesting than previously anticipated. I'm beginning to think Kasich might be the perfect antidote to Hillary's hauteur.

Michael Barone has a good piece today in NRO. He said scandals didnt impact the Clintons too badly in the 1990s because the public didnt want to get rid of Bill Clinton as president. But they arent in office. Removing them from office and voting them back in are two totally different things.

Meanwhile polls show all the scandals are having an effect. Hillary's poll numbers are falling and her personal disapprovals are rising. The worst thing now would be for the GOP to nominate Jeb. Ill support Hillary over Jeb any day.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 10:08:12 AM »

Michael Barone has a good piece today in NRO. He said scandals didnt impact the Clintons too badly in the 1990s because the public didnt want to get rid of Bill Clinton as president. But they arent in office. Removing them from office and voting them back in are two totally different things.

Michael Barone also predicted Romney would win 315-223 the day before the election.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »

Michael Barone also predicted Romney would win 315-223 the day before the election.

Well, at least he was somewhat more closer to the final result than Dick Morris.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »

Of course there's no evidence. The author of the book admits it!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 02:18:11 PM »

Nice try Torie, any regular NY Times reader would've been brainwashed into hating Hillary long ago. Wink
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »

That's what they want us to believe!

XD
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies