Office of Representative RGN (Fed-NY) (office closed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:22:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Representative RGN (Fed-NY) (office closed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Office of Representative RGN (Fed-NY) (office closed)  (Read 3107 times)
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
« edited: May 02, 2016, 07:32:52 PM by Governor RGN (Fed-NY) »

The start of the NEW NORTHEAST
RGN for a New Northeast

First of all, people of Northeast, I will be running for the Northeast Assembly.

I won't be a "traditional politician" who will normally and routinely give speeches. I will be a different person. I will be taking questions from you (whether you are from the Northeast or not) and will give lesser speeches (IRL, my weakness, even grammar). The open forum will be open until 11:59:59 of 05/05/2015. And I will not yet discuss my positions or my platform. I will see how eager are you to know about me and my candidacy. However, the theme of my campaign will be focusing on the "New Northeast" a set of policies that will ensure a better Northeast than we were months ago.

In the past months, I've seen a decline in the power of the Federalists and other right-wing parties in the regions, especially the Northeast. This is a message that there is something to be changed. By the policies that I will advocate, ( I hope someone will ask here about a particular issue so that I can answer it comprehensively) we can ensure a better future for the people of the Northeast and for Atlasia.

If elected, I will be active in foreign, domestic and in the legislature (sounds like someone running for President or Governor), this is something new leaders should possess in order to be face and solve even unexpected situation. I will be open to all parties even if they will either embrace or disregard my message. All Northeasterners' voices should be heard and I am ready to fight for the people's voice to be heard in the assembly.

When I previously ran last February, I am grateful for those who voted for me even though I didn't campaign. Now, it is time for change, it is time for a New Northeast. It is time to make the Northeast a better region to live and work in.

I followed my heart after a long decision making process if I will commit myself to serve you, the Northeasterners or just sit down and relax and witness the worse. I decided to serve, and to inspire other aspiring leaders.

I'll hope that you will join with me to in building a New Northeast  by voting for me in the upcoming election in June. I am hoping and praying for your support in my journey and hope for a New Northeast

Open forum (question and answer format & town hall format) will end at 11:59:59 of 05/05/2015 (EST).

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »

What will you do to help increase economic opportunities for the most vulnerable in our society such as the disabled, migrant workers and native Atlasians?
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:23:20 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy

Question:
What will you do to put Northeastern employment rates back to the top?
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:36:10 PM »

(pardon my grammar)

What will you do to help increase economic opportunities for the most vulnerable in our society such as the disabled, migrant workers and native Atlasians?

I'm glad you've asked that. I will be answering the question by referring to the Northeasterners. When it comes to the disabled, I would push for a medicare (healthcare) with expanded and more options than usual. I will also push for free medical services for those who need it, especially to the disabled. I will also advocate building more state-run retirement homes for the elderly. A health insurance program would be also great and will contribute to the success of the Northeast region. Migrant workers will no longer be migrant. I will urge the local governments to create new permanent government jobs for the migrant workers and the unemployed. In the private sector, I will also urge them to create and open new jobs. These will contribute to the economic growth of the Northeast region, as well as Atlasia. I will also suggest that the assembly should form a committee that will assess what aspects of the current policies needs to be improved. That would, I believe, will make the Northeast region moving again.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 09:43:49 PM »

What will you do to put Northeastern employment rates back to the top?

As I have said before, I will urge the local governments to create new permanent jobs for the unemployed, as well as in the private sector. I suggest that will be made as quickly as possible through job fairs. I also suggest that we should not yet raise the minimum wage in order to accommodate these new jobs, as well as to prevent bankruptcy and lack of funds.  Let us keep Northeasterners informed and say that a new era finally begins.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »

What do you think of the idea off having all schools in the Northeast, including post secondary institutions, having school uniforms?

(just PM or reply if I misinterpreted the question)

The way I understand the question is my opinion of having school uniforms in all schools in the Northeast. IMO, we should have a "uniform" school uniform in all schools in the Northeast. By these uniforms, we can distinguish who is in Grade or High School, or studying in a post secondary institution. However, I will suggest that a day will be designated as "civilian clothes day". That day's outfit will be any civilian clothes. When it is their Physical Education day, they will wear their P.E uniforms all day long. When I am elected to the assembly, I would surely advocate this bill or act, however I can say that this is a minor issue right now. BTW, in the aspect of education, I'm in favor of the school voucher system. The "uniform" should be mandatory in all public schools in the Northeast. It is up to the private schools authorities if they will implement that in their respective schools.

(again, pardon my grammar)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 01:53:17 AM »

^It's actually not bad at all.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 01:54:22 AM »

What do you think of the idea off having all schools in the Northeast, including post secondary institutions, having school uniforms?

The way I understand the question is my opinion of having school uniforms in all schools in the Northeast. IMO, we should have a "uniform" school uniform in all schools in the Northeast. By these uniforms, we can distinguish who is in Grade or High School, or studying in a post secondary institution. However, I will suggest that a day will be designated as "civilian clothes day". That day's outfit will be any civilian clothes. When it is their Physical Education day, they will wear their P.E uniforms all day long. When I am elected to the assembly, I would surely advocate this bill or act, however I can say that this is a minor issue right now. BTW, in the aspect of education, I'm in favor of the school voucher system. The "uniform" should be mandatory in all public schools in the Northeast. It is up to the private schools authorities if they will implement that in their respective schools.

School uniforms?

Not at all endorsed, sir.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 01:56:59 AM »

Endorsed Smiley

Though I do oppose school uniforms, it is within a region's right to pursue such.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 02:22:36 AM »

Endorsed Smiley

Though I do oppose school uniforms, it is within a region's right to pursue such.
Thanks Smiley Any questions?
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 02:24:23 AM »

Sometimes Smiley
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 02:31:19 AM »

School uniforms?

Not at all endorsed, sir.
Ummm.. I'm taking an unpopular stance about school uniforms.. Well, not really the whole week, maybe 2-3 times a week is a "school uniform day"
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »

I oppose such things on personal grounds. As long as I'm a member of the Assembly, I will oppose such a plan. Taking an unpopular stance just to say "hey, I'm taking this unpopular stance, look how courageous I am" is so ridiculous. If a kid wants to wear a suit and tie, good for them. If they wanna wear a t-shirt and jeans, then that should be fine too.

Also, if you need help distinguishing between elementary level and high school level students as your statement implies, then I don't know what else to say.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »

I oppose such things on personal grounds. As long as I'm a member of the Assembly, I will oppose such a plan. Taking an unpopular stance just to say "hey, I'm taking this unpopular stance, look how courageous I am" is so ridiculous. If a kid wants to wear a suit and tie, good for them. If they wanna wear a t-shirt and jeans, then that should be fine too.

Also, if you need help distinguishing between elementary level and high school level students as your statement implies, then I don't know what else to say.
(rush)

It is about like, for identification purposes like if someone's being bullied or kidnapped. By such identification, it is easy to know who did it (if it is a high school or grade school or even a college student). I know you would counter that it is a lot more easier to identify if you will let them wear anything they want. Going back to my previous sentence, for example: in CCTV footages you can easily identify who did it (as I've said, if he's from the elementary or high school), explained in the next paragraph.

Additional info : My proposal for a "uniform" school uniform is not really each student wearing the same outfit from top to bottom. It is for identification ONLY, as I've said before. It can be a vest (color-coded), a jacket (color coded) or a badge/patch (also color coded), other than that, they can wear anything they want below that. However, I think I will also explain the civillian clothes day. It is the day that they can still wear anything sans "uniform". For the P.E uniform day, they will wear their school's P.E uniform on their P.E day. It is only the P.E uniform that requires every student to wear them all day. However if it's everyday then only P.E time. It's simply a minor issue, so expect no one even me (if elected) to file such bill on the first weeks or even in the whole time frame since that the Northeast got so many issues to take care of. And yeah, I've should never said the "unpopular stance....", but it got down on the tape. But I promise, it is only a minor issue. So minor that we can leave to the school authorities to decide. I just answered someone's question since that I promised that I will answer anything (at least if related to my candidacy or campaign).

I think I've answered this very comprehensively given the fact that it is only a minor issue
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 12:52:33 PM »

What kind of legislative action would you take in order to prevent discrimination and unfair treatment/bullying of LGBT students and employees?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2015, 01:11:28 PM by Senator Blair »

Good to see people giving frank answers, I 100% disagree on school uniforms-I go to a uniform school... we still get bullying (we haven't had a kidnapping though) I don't think that school uniforms actually help reduce this-I'd also add that a colour code scheme is worse than a school uniform-it puts too much regulation on schools, too much red tape and makes teachers become fashion monitors rather than educators.

We haven't got a kidnapping problem in the Northeast, and a 'civilian clothing day?'' This isn't military school- I want kids to feel comfortable in schooling. Support for school vouchers, and a complicated uniform system is not a great education policy for me, but hats off for advocating it.

Policy debate seems to be dying in Atlasia
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 06:18:04 PM »

Good to see people giving frank answers, I 100% disagree on school uniforms-I go to a uniform school... we still get bullying (we haven't had a kidnapping though) I don't think that school uniforms actually help reduce this-I'd also add that a colour code scheme is worse than a school uniform-it puts too much regulation on schools, too much red tape and makes teachers become fashion monitors rather than educators.

We haven't got a kidnapping problem in the Northeast, and a 'civilian clothing day?'' This isn't military school- I want kids to feel comfortable in schooling. Support for school vouchers, and a complicated uniform system is not a great education policy for me, but hats off for advocating it.

Policy debate seems to be dying in Atlasia.
And as I promised, this is just a minor issue so, expect that no one will file it (except if someone REALLY does file it in the assembly)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 06:19:27 PM »

And as I promised, this is just a minor issue so, expect that no one will file it (except if someone REALLY does file it in the assembly)

Haha thats the problem with Atlasian politics-when we get a policy debate it's over the really minor trival stuff, which leads to pages of arguments
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 06:21:55 PM »

Haha thats the problem with Atlasian politics-when we get a policy debate it's over the really minor trival stuff, which leads to pages of arguments
Agree.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »

What kind of legislative action would you take in order to prevent discrimination and unfair treatment/bullying of LGBT students and employees?
IRL, I'm really neutral in this issue but, I suggest that an anti-bullying law should be implemented. Not just about "bullying" per se but it also covers LGBT bullying/discrimination/unfair treatment. The "LGBT bullying" can sometimes count as sexual harassment, or even a civil rights violation, especially when his/her rights are taken away. I think we should re-review (if there is really a law) the anti-bullying law to make sure that the LGBT bullying is included. If we see a rise on the cases of bullying, I suggest that we should form an "anti-bullying committee/inquiry" (I can't think of an name so inquiry). This committee/inquiry will hear cases of bullying and will decide what to do. All schools should also have one, and should submit a report to the local school authorities regarding cases of bullying, and what action they've taken in order to prevent or stop it. Companies should also submit likewise a report about bullying every month  in order for the Northeast government and the inquiry  to properly monitor these cases. The inquiry should also recommend for further amendments in the law in order to prevent these cases. 
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 07:06:37 PM »

Agree.

Well, regional politics is where "trivial" issues should be debated. There's nothing wrong with it. I can't help it that it's an issue I do feel strongly about.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »

Agree.

Well, regional politics is where "trivial" issues should be debated. There's nothing wrong with it. I can't help it that it's an issue I do feel strongly about.
I understand Smiley
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 07:34:57 PM »

I would like to thank those who are eager enough to ask questions about my candidacy and campaign. More issues & posts coming up in the next weeks.

-RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 11:21:25 PM »

Press Release

Mr. RGN is very happy with the results of the internal polls conducted by the campaign as well as the other polls. He's touring the entire Northeast, meeting with people as well as going to factories to see the hardwork made by middle-class workers.

Candidate RGN promises to increase benefits to the middle-class workers as well as all workers in the Northeast. He is also studying if a possible wage increase will be possible, without affecting the budgets allocated in other sectors.

Asked by reporters why he is in favor of increasing the powers of the regional government, "I believe that if the National Government can do it, we can do it. It's not that they are the most powerful and experienced, there's a lot of people we can depend on here in the regions even if they are not serving in the National Government."

However, he clarified that he is only in favor of increasing powers, not reserving all powers to the regions. "It looks like we're not anymore a part of Atlasia if that happens, we're already a country if we did that".

Asked about the lack of membership in the Federalist Party in the Northeast, "I believe we can restore this great party in it's former glory. Win or lose, I will be still loyal to the Federalists. The platform that they are pushing reflects my position in most of the issues. For those who are not affiliated with any party, I wish that you will be joining the Federalists, the party who will stand against corruption and crime. The party who will be right behind you, making sure you are happy and well."

RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 05:56:04 AM »

Today until Sunday is Election Day. I wish I'll be in your preferences in the Northeast Assembly elections! GO OUT AND VOTE!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies