Whoa, Bushie supports Rand Paul now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:48:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Whoa, Bushie supports Rand Paul now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Whoa, Bushie supports Rand Paul now?  (Read 5446 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 09:13:07 AM »

Update is banned.  But in its place, we have Dark Matter Update.

Dark matter is thought to make up the majority of matter in the universe.  We can't see it directly, but we observe the gravitational effect it has on baryonic matter.  Galaxy rotation curves, for example, can seemingly only be explained by dark matter.  If the baryonic matter was all there was, then most of the galaxies we observe would simply fly apart.  There isn't enough baryonic matter in them to hold them together.

Bushie's life is dark matter.  We can't see it directly anymore, because discussion of such is disallowed.  But we know it exists because of the gravitational force it exerts on his posts.  Every post Bushie makes is a star orbiting the galactic center that is his life.  We now scrutinize his "political posts" detailing his pride in Oklahoma, his opinion of SuperCuts, and his endorsement of Rand Paul for clues as to what's going on in his life.  Because understanding his life would help us understand the universe at least as well as understanding dark matter would.

There is no more Update.  But there is Dark Matter Update, so long as Bushie posts on this forum.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 09:56:06 AM »

How much time do you spend pondering these cosmic issues Morden? You should watch that show on the Hubble Telescope by the way, that I found on Netflix. It has quite a bit on dark matter, and the black holes that seem to be at the center of every galaxy. They also have sort of figured out how many galaxies there are in the known universe, and its size of course - both of which are considerably larger/higher than ... nope can't go there with that point of reference.  I almost feel into a hole myself - the infraction hole. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 09:59:51 AM »

We all know Jeffie will be pulling the lever for Hillary on election day in 2016. The "ideological journey" he goes on to get to that point should be mildly amusing though.

Yeah, Bushie always ends up voting for the winning candidate. He truly is the average American.

Yep, including John Kerry, who would have won without the actions of the nefarious Ken Blackwell.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »

Since this is talking about my political leanings and not my personal life, I'll chime in here.  I can see the Christie ship sinking fast, so I had to jump.  It was either Rand Paul or Scott Walker, and I think Paul fits my way of thinking better.

Typically of you, Jeffie. As soon as something seems to be going down, you jump ship.. versus waiting out to see if something improves, or stand by what you believe. Bravo, child, Bravo.

This might be the best post of the year because of how accurate it is, yet so simply stated.  Way to go {former} BIG Daddy.  Cheesy
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 10:40:54 AM »

How much time do you spend pondering these cosmic issues Morden? You should watch that show on the Hubble Telescope by the way, that I found on Netflix. It has quite a bit on dark matter, and the black holes that seem to be at the center of every galaxy. They also have sort of figured out how many galaxies there are in the known universe, and its size of course - both of which are considerably larger/higher than ... nope can't go there with that point of reference.  I almost feel into a hole myself - the infraction hole. Tongue

I do astronomical research for my day job, so whenever I try to watch any such documentaries like that, I'm afraid that it comes to across to me like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5wGgVWvluk
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 08:49:10 PM »

Since this is talking about my political leanings and not my personal life, I'll chime in here.  I can see the Christie ship sinking fast, so I had to jump.  It was either Rand Paul or Scott Walker, and I think Paul fits my way of thinking better.

What does a most recent "Oklahoma Democrat" find about Rand that makes him the best fit for you, more so than Walker or Rubio or Bush, or for that matter, Hillary?  What for that matter is similar about Christie's and Paul's ideologies for that matter?

Rand Paul is a social moderate which is what I am.  He's not too conservative.  Hillary is too liberal, plus I think she's a fake.  I don't trust her at all.  She does not connect with ordinary America.  Still, I would vote for her over Jeb Bush who I think is an even bigger fake.  Jeb Bush hates America's children because he supports common core.  Rand Paul is not perfect, but I can get behind him a lot easier.

Roll Eyes riiiight. I oppose common core, but don't you think stating that he hates America's children is...a bit ridiculous?

Okay I can't believe I'm about to defend Jeb Bush, but here goes: could someone please explain to me what's so bad about Common Core? As far as I understand, Common Core is about getting states to agree on common standards for English and Math testing. And even if you believe this approach is misguided, how one earth does supporting Common Core equate to hating children? Someone may not hate children but wrongly believe that Common Core is in their best interests.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 08:50:58 PM »

It's basically just old people complaining that the way they teach math now is different from they taught it 40 years ago when they were in school (even though the new way is a much better way to make children actually understand what they're learning).
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »

We all know Jeffie will be pulling the lever for Hillary on election day in 2016. The "ideological journey" he goes on to get to that point should be mildly amusing though.

Yeah, Bushie always ends up voting for the winning candidate. He truly is the average American.

Which means that Rand Paul will win!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 10:04:55 PM »

Which means that Rand Paul will win!

Bushie will not be voting for Rand Paul, guy.  Your prognosticatory dream is just that.  
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »

Does Bushie's streak of backing the Democratic nominee at the last minute extend to the primaries?  How did he vote in the 2004, 2008, and 2012 presidential primaries?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 06:42:09 AM »

Does Bushie's streak of backing the Democratic nominee at the last minute extend to the primaries?  How did he vote in the 2004, 2008, and 2012 presidential primaries?

Not sure I can answer that...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2015, 08:09:54 AM »

Too much super duper cable tv watching fries the brain?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 08:11:57 AM »

It's basically just old people complaining that the way they teach math now is different from they taught it 40 years ago when they were in school (even though the new way is a much better way to make children actually understand what they're learning).
You're correct that most objections are about math, but there are also people who are angry that the reading components are shifting away from dusty old novels with their symbolism and foreshadowing in favor of understanding and being able to analyse  the validity of non-fiction texts.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 08:43:44 AM »

You're correct that most objections are about math, but there are also people who are angry that the reading components are shifting away from dusty old novels with their symbolism and foreshadowing in favor of understanding and being able to analyse  the validity of non-fiction texts.

PERISH THE THOUGHT!!!!!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 09:26:10 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2015, 09:28:12 AM by Mr. Morden »

Does Bushie's streak of backing the Democratic nominee at the last minute extend to the primaries?  How did he vote in the 2004, 2008, and 2012 presidential primaries?

The other day, I made that post on the "absolutist" position on you not talking about your personal life.  Nonetheless, I find it hard to believe that anyone would see your indicating how you voted in past elections counts as "talking about your personal life".  At least, it's no more talking about your personal life than you talking about how you're now endorsing Rand Paul is "talking about your personal life".
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »

PERISH THE THOUGHT!!!!!
But muh Wuthering Heights. English teachers are unhappy because they don't want to teach information, and Science teachers don't want to teach reading. Nobody ever likes change. It's uncomfortable, especially for those who have reached a certain age.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2015, 10:15:33 AM »

Does Bushie's streak of backing the Democratic nominee at the last minute extend to the primaries?  How did he vote in the 2004, 2008, and 2012 presidential primaries?

The other day, I made that post on the "absolutist" position on you not talking about your personal life.  Nonetheless, I find it hard to believe that anyone would see your indicating how you voted in past elections counts as "talking about your personal life".  At least, it's no more talking about your personal life than you talking about how you're now endorsing Rand Paul is "talking about your personal life".

That's why he needs banned, because you and I both know he's just trolling now.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 12:17:33 PM »

That's why he needs banned
Are you a Yinzer?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 01:38:30 PM »

That's why he needs banned
Are you a Yinzer?

I am, my brother

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »

i figured bushie would support the huckster.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »

Huck just got in so he'll switch to the man bathed in prayer.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2015, 02:26:20 PM »

No. For some reason, Bushie is only allowed to choose between Chris Christie, Rand Paul, and Scott Walker. Rand is the closest to his views of those three at the moment.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »

I find it hilarious that Bushie, an admitted Social Conservative and Fiscal Liberal, supports Rand Paul, who is literally the opposite of everything he supports...

LOLOLO
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2015, 09:45:54 AM »

If you say it's okay.  I voted for Bush in the 2004 Primary, because I was a registered Republican and he was virtually unopposed.  I voted for Obama in the 2008 and 2012 Primaries because I was a registered Democrat.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies