Whoa, Bushie supports Rand Paul now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:38:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Whoa, Bushie supports Rand Paul now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whoa, Bushie supports Rand Paul now?  (Read 5505 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 05, 2015, 08:49:10 PM »

Since this is talking about my political leanings and not my personal life, I'll chime in here.  I can see the Christie ship sinking fast, so I had to jump.  It was either Rand Paul or Scott Walker, and I think Paul fits my way of thinking better.

What does a most recent "Oklahoma Democrat" find about Rand that makes him the best fit for you, more so than Walker or Rubio or Bush, or for that matter, Hillary?  What for that matter is similar about Christie's and Paul's ideologies for that matter?

Rand Paul is a social moderate which is what I am.  He's not too conservative.  Hillary is too liberal, plus I think she's a fake.  I don't trust her at all.  She does not connect with ordinary America.  Still, I would vote for her over Jeb Bush who I think is an even bigger fake.  Jeb Bush hates America's children because he supports common core.  Rand Paul is not perfect, but I can get behind him a lot easier.

Roll Eyes riiiight. I oppose common core, but don't you think stating that he hates America's children is...a bit ridiculous?

Okay I can't believe I'm about to defend Jeb Bush, but here goes: could someone please explain to me what's so bad about Common Core? As far as I understand, Common Core is about getting states to agree on common standards for English and Math testing. And even if you believe this approach is misguided, how one earth does supporting Common Core equate to hating children? Someone may not hate children but wrongly believe that Common Core is in their best interests.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 08:43:44 AM »

It's basically just old people complaining that the way they teach math now is different from they taught it 40 years ago when they were in school (even though the new way is a much better way to make children actually understand what they're learning).
You're correct that most objections are about math, but there are also people who are angry that the reading components are shifting away from dusty old novels with their symbolism and foreshadowing in favor of understanding and being able to analyse  the validity of non-fiction texts.

PERISH THE THOUGHT!!!!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies