Mideast Record-Courier Polls: June Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:28:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Record-Courier Polls: June Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who would get your support in these hypothetical match-ups?
a. President Bore (Lab)

a. Senator North Carolina Yankee (Fed-NC)

a. Unsure

b. President Bore (Lab)

b. Fmr. President Lumine Von Reuental (CR)

b. Unsure

c. President Bore (Lab)

c. Fmr. Representative Poirot (Ind)

c. Unsure

d. Senator Blair (Lab)

d. Senator North Carolina Yankee (Fed)

d. Unsure

e. Generic Labor

e. Generic Federalist

e. Generic TPP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Mideast Record-Courier Polls: June Presidential Election  (Read 2767 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2015, 04:45:01 PM »

Five purely hypothetical match-ups for the June Presidential race. I'm assuming that, if Bore runs for reelection, Averroes will be his VP candidate, which is why I didn't include a TPP challenger in this poll.

3 days.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 04:55:00 PM »

Maroon in all match-ups.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yikes, who would want to have to deal with such a trainwreck again? It's bad enough he's even considering a run for Senate again after being led away in disgrace, but this...pulling a Tmth on us in more ways than one.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 05:01:47 PM »

labor in all
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 05:17:33 PM »

I must say, I find it cute how Griffin and others continue to be obsessed with my administration even today. It was a good administration, the polls and the public showed consistent support for it, and none of the "Lumine is a fascist", "Lumine regime", "disgrace president" nonsense is going to change that.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 05:32:01 PM »

Don't think the Labor mouths have much credibility on this matter when one considers how bad the DemPGH presidency actually was.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »

Don't think the Labor mouths have much credibility on this matter when one considers how bad the DemPGH presidency actually was.

I did not go inactive, nor did I conduct politically-motivated witch trials. If I backed policies you didn't like, I guess you should have been President. Wink And a few other people in the cabinet too.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »

maybe y'all should have run your own candidate against him then, instead of supporting the terrorist sirnick Wink
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »

DemPGH has been vindicated by history as he kept us safe from sirnick terrorism, something we're only able to appreciate with hindsight. I thought this was well established.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 06:39:57 PM »

Wow, this pot sure does stir easily.

1) I didn't vote for SirNick.
2) I wasn't involved in the Federalist Party's decision to sit the election out, except by virtue of choosing not to run myself.
3) Sorry D, but most of what went wrong with your presidency had little to do with policies.
4) A president being marginally less-worse than his onetime opponent doesn't count as vindication.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 06:48:08 PM »

It should be noted that if the main charges against my administration are inactivity and the supposed "witch hunts", then I must say I feel even better about my government.

First because the inactivity charges comes because of posting in the Elections board rather than the government one (which is something the current administration also does without complaints), and second (regarding the "witch-hunts") because it really isn't my fault that some players broke the law of the game. If anything, I feel horrible about the way some players treated Zuwo, who was by far one of the best Attorney Generals this game has ever seen.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 12:00:07 AM »

Wow, this pot sure does stir easily.

1) I didn't vote for SirNick.
2) I wasn't involved in the Federalist Party's decision to sit the election out, except by virtue of choosing not to run myself.
3) Sorry D, but most of what went wrong with your presidency had little to do with policies.
4) A president being marginally less-worse than his onetime opponent doesn't count as vindication.

There was no active decision. Nobody stepped forward to run and it is a damn good thing I didn't, considering what happened to me in August and September.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 01:12:27 AM »

I must say, I find it cute how Griffin and others continue to be obsessed with my administration even today. It was a good administration, the polls and the public showed consistent support for it, and none of the "Lumine is a fascist", "Lumine regime", "disgrace president" nonsense is going to change that.

I forget: under which banner were you elected President? Did you make it through the entire term without switching? It's so hard to keep track!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 01:21:31 AM »

If the only thing you can point out is to my party affiliation, then you have clearly lost the argument. You disappoint me, Griffin, are you losing your touch?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 01:54:23 AM »

He is using such as a means to cast judgment on your success as President.

I have seen many, many Presidents over the years. Lumine's was by far not the worst.

For comparison, and since Adam insisted on counting him towards one of their majority Senates and also since he "went out as such", Napoleon completely shut down in his second term and dropped to a record low approval rating by his own admission, "because he simply stopped caring" by that point. I was very much of the opinion, that we were heading towards a successful impeachment there because enough Senators had grown disgusted with him.

Also, strictly judging from his term as President and not based on any other consideration (though such other considerations make it a positive overall probably), Tyrion outing himself as a sock when the nation was already in turmoil would by definition make him a worse President.

Lumine's signature reform effort failed, but then again so did those of Purple State, Napoleon, Marokai, Nix and Duke. The most successful President's in terms of reforms achieved would be the Minnesotans, Fritz and Snowguy. Fritz championed that recruitment board thing (though it did (re)recruit Napoleon, and of course Snowguy dissolution (Angry) respectively.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 01:57:23 AM »

If the only thing you can point out is to my party affiliation, then you have clearly lost the argument. You disappoint me, Griffin, are you losing your touch?

I'm the RG and even I don't know to which party you belong.

For comparison, and since Adam insisted on counting him towards one of their majority Senates and also since he "went out as such", Napoleon completely shut down in his second term and dropped to a record low approval rating by his own admission, "because he simply stopped caring" by that point.

Except for the fact that during that time, he was my very worst enemy. By your own logic, we should count him as a Federalist President, since RPP = Federalist and since you recruited him to the game in the first place!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 02:01:23 AM »

Griffin stay classy!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 09:09:21 AM »

What is a generic TPP? Has such a creature ever been seen in the wild?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »

Well, that certainly isn't my problem, is it? If anything, it's fun to see the Registrar General of the nation using his time for personal attacks and slander, which can't be described as anything but behaviour unbecoming of the office.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 10:01:16 AM »

Clearly Duke/Cinci is the generic TPP they speak of since we founded The Party.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »

Bore/Bore/Bore/Blair/Generic TPP

Clearly Duke/Cinci is the generic TPP they speak of since we founded The Party.

#DukeJune15!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »

I'm honored to be in this poll, but Bore has my full support for a 2nd term
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 06:36:49 PM »

Well, that certainly isn't my problem, is it?

Only in so much as you are most definitely Tmth's successor in this game, which is certainly a problem for all of us.

If anything, it's fun to see the Registrar General of the nation using his time for personal attacks and slander, which can't be described as anything but behaviour unbecoming of the office.

I provide an unparalleled level of service in the job I do, and in a non-partisan fashion. I have dragged the RG's office out of the 20th century and if you can find people who have a problem with the tangible aspects of the role of Registrar General I perform, I'd love to meet them.

Likewise, the problem that you and potentially others have - in regards to the impression or expectation that the RG in this game must be some sort of stoic figure that has no involvement in the game; just like y'all had with me being GM - is yours, because I'm certainly never going to change.

But definitely, let's get back to how terrible of a President you were!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »

I'm just going to assume "Simfan" for the purposes of this poll.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 07:15:01 PM »

Simfan is much more conservative than the rest of TPP.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 07:23:33 PM »

Simfan is much more conservative than the rest of TPP.

Exactly! After all, if you're just as far to the left as bore, then what other purpose would there be to run against such a great President other than "muh party" or "muh ego"? There'd be no policy justification whatsoever.

But in reality, I just be trollin
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies