Florida Dept of Child Services blocks 13-year old from abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:40:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Florida Dept of Child Services blocks 13-year old from abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Florida Dept of Child Services blocks 13-year old from abortion  (Read 3462 times)
Inverted Things
Avelaval

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 01:43:35 PM »

The fetus wanting to live is not enough. All those people in Iraq wanted to live, but they didn't. Executed criminals wanted to live, but they didn't. Plus there are countless non-human life forms that wanted to live, but got shot/caught/chopped/harvested/slaughtered/etc.

However, I think we're asking the wrong question. We're asking whether abortion is wrong or not.

Members of a society (workplace, home, country, etc.) are out to make sure the society works for them. Ultimately, if a society doesn't work for a certain member, then that member leaves. So, the questions I think should be asked are these:
1. Who are the members of our society?
2. Is allowing abortion working for the members of our society?
3. Would outlawing abortion work better?

Just a thought.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 01:45:28 PM »

Simply because the fetus can't state its opinion doesn't mean it has none. As a matter of fact, it does. The fetus has the opinion that every single mentally normal human being has-- survival. All life seeks survival of themselves, and the mere fact that the fetus is surviving in the girl's womb is the absolute evidence that the fetus wants to live.

You might as well say her appendix has the will to live.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 12:00:38 AM »

The fetus wanting to live is not enough. All those people in Iraq wanted to live, but they didn't. Executed criminals wanted to live, but they didn't. Plus there are countless non-human life forms that wanted to live, but got shot/caught/chopped/harvested/slaughtered/etc.

However, I think we're asking the wrong question. We're asking whether abortion is wrong or not.

Members of a society (workplace, home, country, etc.) are out to make sure the society works for them. Ultimately, if a society doesn't work for a certain member, then that member leaves. So, the questions I think should be asked are these:

Just a thought.

I'm glad you are willing to put a innocent baby on the same level as a convicted criminal. Sick.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 03:19:42 AM »

That is indeed the wrong question...as in, that's not the question posed by Law in this situation...although it's the question the authorities seem to be wanting to answer instead.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 12:40:28 PM »

Just a thought.

I'm glad you are willing to put a innocent baby on the same level as a convicted criminal. Sick.

First off, I'll nitpick based on semantics. It is not a baby. It is a fetus.

Secondly, who said I'm placing them on the same level? I'm merely pointing out that they share a commonality: the desire to live.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2005, 12:31:02 AM »

Just a thought.

Secondly, who said I'm placing them on the same level? I'm merely pointing out that they share a commonality: the desire to live.

Your "fetus" is of course a baby as life certainly begins at conception. Those who support abortion are supporters of murder. Their is no : if, and or but in this situation. Abortion is murder, plain and simple.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2005, 10:23:18 AM »

Just a thought.

Your "fetus" is of course a baby as life certainly begins at conception. Those who support abortion are supporters of murder. Their is no : if, and or but in this situation. Abortion is murder, plain and simple.

So is masturbation.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 11:41:33 AM »

Just a thought.

So how are you gonna debate with someone if...that's why I used to stay out of these discussions. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2005, 02:29:36 PM »

Just a thought.

So is masturbation.

Oh wow, I didn't know you could conceive in your hand!!
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 03:16:47 PM »

Murder is a word that could also be used to describe a great many other things that are legal. I can provide examples if you wish.
Cashcow

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2005, 03:41:04 PM »

Absolutely disgusting.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 03:41:47 PM »

Yes, abortion certainly is.