Confirmation hearing: Emsworth for SecDef (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:41:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation hearing: Emsworth for SecDef (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation hearing: Emsworth for SecDef  (Read 5187 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: May 01, 2005, 06:48:19 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=539;sa=showPosts;start=330

In case anyone cares.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 06:53:49 PM »

Why is it problematic to put a link to someone's posts?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 05:01:08 PM »

As I see Atlasia being more involved in such operations in the future...
To add to my previous post, I think that we have a slight difference of opinion here. I believe that if Atlasia were to restrict itself to wars of self-defense, it appears unlikely that too many new operations would ensue.

Moreover, a proposed expansion in the carrier fleet would have to be balanced against budgetary concerns. As you of course know, we face a large deficit at this time. Budgetary concerns were among the reasons for which I did not indicate complete support for the proposal.

With all due respect, the war in Afghanistan was heavily sustained by carriers operating in support of gorund forces.  Unless you believe this was not a war of self defense, you're basically going to have no choice but to accept Senator Supersoulty's characterization of our Navy's mission.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 06:23:36 PM »

With all due respect, the war in Afghanistan was heavily sustained by carriers operating in support of gorund forces.
I never indicated anything to the contrary. I merely suggested that the budget deficit should be weighed against extending military spending.

Well, I understand that, and I don't totally object, but it worries me a little that you characterized the mission of the Navy the way you did.  If you'd like to clarify, I'm more than willing to write it off as a misunderstanding.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies