Türkisblau for Pacific Senate: Address on Organized Labor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:28:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Türkisblau for Pacific Senate: Address on Organized Labor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Türkisblau for Pacific Senate: Address on Organized Labor  (Read 1949 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 06, 2015, 02:14:02 AM »
« edited: May 25, 2015, 10:55:27 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Türkisblau for Pacific Senate: Campaign HQ

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Hello! I'm going to treat this like my last office thread. Speeches, press releases, and any else having to do with my campaign will be posted here. Any questions and concerns can also be brought up in this thread. Oh, and of course, endorsements as well.

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 02:41:03 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2015, 02:45:54 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico

"New Mexicans, Pacificans, and Atlasians, our country has come so far but I have four simple words to explain on my candidacy: We Can Do Better. The progress that we have seen in the Pacific under my Speakership in San Francisco has been excellent. We have created an active government willing to listen to The People again, supported our struggling farmers, and tackled such divisive issues like abortion with startling unanimity. I have worked with our Governor to pass any number of reforms even though we may not have agreed all the time.

What I want to do is to bring that leadership to Nyman. Over the past couple months we have seen us divided over common sense issues. Why we have come to such a standstill over the Electoral Reform Amendment, championed by our President bore and the People's Leader Oakvale as something that can finally reignite our politics is beyond me. We have seen debate come to a halt and only a trickle of conversation happening on our main board. In the Senate, I will work hard in the body to take what I have done in the Pacific to Atlasia as a whole. I will work for you to bring the Pacific's voice to the forefront just as our Senator and former President Cranberry has done for you over his many terms.

But most of all, and as many of you know from the good and the bad, I am a fighter. I will not sit back while the Pacific's voice is drowned out and our abysmal economy is ignored. I will not let the national politicians get away with calling our region a "lost cause." I can assure you that not once will I ever be a reluctant nay when I cast my vote in the Senate!

Good Night and God Bless, Albuquerque!"  
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 03:49:02 AM »

I can assure you that not once will I ever be a reluctant nay when I cast my vote in the Senate!

Roll Eyes

It amazes me how a group of centrists have essentially turned seeing both sides of an issue, into a negative concept, demanded a choice between monopolistic marxism or monopolistic  corporatism and shunned any notion of a sensible alternative to two disastrous competing options.

A Senator is suppose to be more then just a vote shouting yea or nay to every proposal. The nay side on public power was, albeit preferable to the aye side, dismisive of numerous legitimate concerns, rather narrow minded and singularly focused on defending the status quo, hardly worthy of a clean endorsement either in this sound bite age. Had I more then just a couple of minutes borrowed on a friends computer (courtesy of not having internet access at home at the time), I would have posted a paragraph reiterating what I said at the beginning of the debate. In the absence of that, I stated my position as best I could and trusted honest people to actually review the reasons as opposed to just going ape and jumping to conclusions.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:28:42 AM »

Endorsed.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:42:53 AM »

Enthusiastically endorsed, of course. You're one of the very few people who could be a worthy successor to Cranberry. I hope in the Senate you'll work to help the Pacific out of its activity recession. I've often said that activity is like the economy of Atlasia and I worry that without constant vigilance we're heading for a lost decade.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 07:52:33 AM »

Endorsed.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 08:18:52 AM »

Endorsed with full hearts.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 11:32:01 AM »

Obviously and most heartedly endorsed! You have been an incredible voice of activity and reason home in the Pacific, and it's past time you finally come to Nyman! If I were to choose, I'd name you my successor this very moment. Fortunately, we are a democracy, so let's start convince the people home in the Pacific that you will work just as hard for them in the Senate as in the Council.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 06:41:48 PM »

With The Cranberry gone, The People will need a voice in the senate, and I hope you're the one They chose. Endorsed, good luck.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 10:20:47 PM »

I'm endorsing you because I think you'd be a great Senator for all the people of the Pacific and not because you're threatening me
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 10:48:15 PM »

Good to see such a qualified candidate stepping forward. Endorsed.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 10:53:41 PM »

Endorsed.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 12:49:30 AM »

Endorsed
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 10:26:23 PM »

Cranberry's commitment to serving our region has been outstanding and any successor of his will need to show that he or she will come anywhere close to that. While I still remain saddened by his departure, I belive Türkisblau's record has proven that he is more than capable of filling those large shoes. With Türkisblau, I feel comfortable that our Region's strong voice in the Senate shall not be diminished. Absolutely endorsed!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »

I would like to thank you all for the endorsements! It really means a lot, especially coming from such prominent Atlasians.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 10:55:04 PM »

Address on Organized Labor, Eugene, Oregon

"Good Afternoon Oregonians, Pacificans, Atlasians, it is a pleasure of mine to get out of that dry corner of the Pacific known as New Mexico and to the absolutely beautiful state of Oregon. It is a pleasure to speak to you all today on an issue very vital and important to me, and that is unions.

Before I attended college, I did work at a blue collar construction job working for a contractor that worked on projects in the Albuquerque area. We got paid minimum wage. We didn't have benefits. Some of us even were forced to work part time, and had to get 2 or 3 additional jobs to support their families. Then the union protections that we so enjoy today were passed. We formed a union and we organized and  we negotiated; we gave ourselves a voice. Our wages increased, we got stable hours, and we got benefits for us and our families.

This is what unions do. Unions give the workers a voice. If it wasn't for unions and the workplace protections that they have lobbied for, we wouldn't have sick leave, we wouldn't have the minimum wage, hell we'd have child labor! These are organizations that I will work to expand and protect in the Senate. I will work with Labor senators to help those in our society who need more representation, not less.

I will stand to protect our workers, and I'd like you to help me in this goal in the June elections. God bless Eugene, Oregon!"
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 03:17:51 AM »

It is certainly great to see that you support an Organized Labor, as that is what will always be!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »

Endorsed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies