UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:24:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread)  (Read 175564 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: May 07, 2015, 04:18:23 PM »

All I can say now is....

bloody hell.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 05:46:20 PM »

Well, rumours have been (such as they are) that the Tories are doing especially well in the East Midlands.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 11:28:08 PM »

Sinn Fein loses South Tyrone to UUP.

Really? Wow. I knew it was close last time but I assumed that was just because there was a single Unionist candidate.

There was also a single Unionist candidate this time
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 09:47:57 PM »

Here's a map using Al's template of UKIP in Wales

As you can see it's very even. In no seat did UKIP get over 20% of the vote and only in four did they get under 10% and then with no lost deposits. While there were a few second places, nowhere were they close to winning. Their worst results were in Cardiff then following by the Welsh speaking parts of Wales and Powys. Their best results in mostly in the valleys and around Deeside. In particularly they did well - scoring over 19% in three constituencies - in the Eastern Valleys. However, as I've tried to make clear, there was no real standout result.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 09:03:26 AM »

Greens in Wales...

Like UKIP, very consistent level of support - only saving their deposit in Swansea West, Ceredigion, and Cardiff Central. All seats with universities.

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 10:13:31 AM »

Plaid

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 05:23:24 PM »

Tories in Wales

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »

Lib Dems in Wales. To sum up: lol

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »

What you interpreted as reassuring was in fact the very opposite. The DUP are a bunch of shameless political whores. So by payment I mean payment: they would ask for even more government money to be spent on Northern Ireland. Perhaps a new road for every tricky vote or a giant statue of Ian Paisley in the middle of Ballymena.

Fair enough. What I read was some chatter about getting their income tax rate as low as Ireland's to compete, which has a certain facial reasonableness, but would be difficult to grant to them. As soon as the UK has different income tax rates for different places, it seems to me that things start to fall apart.

The top rates of income taxes are higher here now (including Universal Social charge) than they are in the UK. What you are thinking of is Corporation Tax.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies