UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:32:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread)  (Read 175780 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: May 14, 2015, 06:30:16 AM »

Richmond where William Hague evidently had a large personal vote.
And the new Tory candidate is not White British (Nor British at all, really*), never mind local, and a local councillor who stood in protest of the selection held his deposit.

*Actually, he's British born. But this still feels like a revival of the relationship between the Tory Party and the Native Princes.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 03:22:32 AM »

Didn't the Irish Parliamentary Party of old once return a member from a Liverpool constituency?

Yes, T.P O'Connor was Irish nationalist MP from 1885 to 1929 for Liverpool Scotland.

I just Wiki'd it for myself, but "Liverpool Scotland" is already confusing enough without having had an Irish MP for four decades as well.
When I first read that tidbit of information in an old book in the Frankfurt uni library, early this millennium or possibly very late in the last one, it said "the Scotland division of Liverpool". Now that was confusing. I did figure it out at the time, but I briefly wondered if there might conceivably be a town of that name in Scotland.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:06:48 PM »

The point of no return regarding Scottish Independence has very very very probably been crossed during this election campaign. It may quite plausibly take another generation, but my money'd be on rather less than that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies