A (non)Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:16:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A (non)Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A (non)Announcement  (Read 434 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2015, 05:42:48 AM »
« edited: May 08, 2015, 05:52:57 AM by Jim Bolivar di Griz »

While I was seriously exploring running for President (in case one or two of you noticed), I came to the conclusion that it would be inconsistent with continuing to serve as Game Moderator. Although I'm trying my best to remain impartial, my every move would be scrutinized and potentially criticized as an attempt to undermine the current administration and, given all the problems Atlasia faced and is still facing, we cannot afford this.

Although incumbent Game Moderator running for office is not unprecedented, I'm not comfortable with that, as GM is, along RG and SoFE, a position absolutely essential to keep the game's mechanism working.  

I could have just resigned in order to run, but, while I do not consider myself particularly outstanding GM, there would be delays due to a need of naming my successor, putting current developments in jeopardy.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »

I think I can speak for many when I say that you have been indeed an outstanding GM, Kalwejt, and that not only you have successfully completed the process of invigoration of the office started by Dr. Cynic, but you have showed a lot of respect for such a high office by reaching this decision to stay in office for the time being.

Regardless of whether you run for higher office or not, you have done a fantastic job so far!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies