Rick Scott admits exploiting his mother's death just to win reelection
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:33:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rick Scott admits exploiting his mother's death just to win reelection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rick Scott admits exploiting his mother's death just to win reelection  (Read 2354 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »

Congratulations to the voters of Florida for electing two times this vile human being.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/05/08/gov-scott-concedes-that-earlier-medicaid-support-was-a-ruse/

Gov. Rick Scott, after his mother’s death in 2013, went on TV to explain his decision to drop his strongly-held opposition to President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul.

Scott said his mother’s death changed his perspective and he could no longer “in good conscience” oppose expanding health care coverage to nearly 1 million Floridians.

Scott conceded this week that was all a ruse. He now says his support for Medicaid expansion was a calculated move designed to win support from the Obama administration for the state’s proposal to hand over control of Medicaid to private insurance companies. At the time, he denied that his support was tied to a deal with the federal government.

Now that he’s succeeded in privatizing Medicaid, Scott is again railing against Medicaid expansion and is suing the federal government for allegedly forcing it on him.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »

He would.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »

The Criminal Medicare fraudster has no morals?! I'm SHOCKED!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 05:39:21 PM »

Now might be a good time to amend Harry Reid's "Romney lost didn't he" response.

"Crist lost didn't he?"

Sometimes the outrage tires when it's so selective. Besides, Scott said no such thing.
“The AP incorrectly characterized the Governor’s comments yesterday.  The Governor was asked by an AP reporter whether or not his support for Medicaid expansion in 2013 was a ‘lie.’  Governor Scott answered the question by discussing that he came out in support of Medicaid expansion, only if it was fully federally funded, at the same time the federal government granted Florida a waiver to let the state reform its Medicaid system.  Unfortunately, the AP editorialized the Governor’s statement.”
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 05:47:20 PM »

Major FF.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 05:50:38 PM »

“The AP incorrectly characterized the Governor’s comments yesterday.  The Governor was asked by an AP reporter whether or not his support for Medicaid expansion in 2013 was a ‘lie.’  Governor Scott answered the question by discussing that he came out in support of Medicaid expansion, only if it was fully federally funded, at the same time the federal government granted Florida a waiver to let the state reform its Medicaid system.  Unfortunately, the AP editorialized the Governor’s statement.”

Yes, the AP botched the story. Still, the fact that the governor has not actually admitted his ruse was a ruse doesn't mean it's not still a ruse.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Politics is what it is, we don't know what's in their hearts.... AP owes the Governor an apology.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 07:19:44 PM »

Any time a politician uses the words "editorialized", they are not telling the truth.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 07:26:36 PM »

So, how does this exactly correlate to exploiting his mothers death? It's a flip-flop, pure and simple. Nice try, Lyndon.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »

Whether or not he lied, it doesn't detract from the fact that he's an abysmal governor, presiding over a Florida that's wasting untapped potential. What a clown.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 08:11:50 PM »

Whether or not he lied, it doesn't detract from the fact that he's an abysmal governor, presiding over a Florida that's wasting untapped potential. What a clown.
Things are doing great down here, but thanks for telling me how my state is.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 08:13:34 PM »

No surprise.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 08:14:28 PM »

Name me one good thing Rick Scott has done that he isn't suing the federal government over for allegedly forcing him to do it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »

Name me one good thing Rick Scott has done that he isn't suing the federal government over for allegedly forcing him to do it.
He's suing the federal government over his economic record? We are 12th in job creation right now. I am seeing a boom in real estate once again, and I am seeing long dormant businesses coming back. How much credit goes to Obama and how much credit goes to Scott is unknown, but I see the state improving dramatically.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »

Florida is basically the envy of the nation right now.  Job growth is skyrocketing. Population is growing. 
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »

Florida has the most predictable boom and bust cycle in the nation.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »

He's suing the federal government over his economic record? We are 12th in job creation right now. I am seeing a boom in real estate once again, and I am seeing long dormant businesses coming back. How much credit goes to Obama and how much credit goes to Scott is unknown, but I see the state improving dramatically.

Arbitrarily declaring a "real estate boom" is really grasping at straws. From working in an office that specializes in real estate transfers, I have no idea what you're talking about. The county offices I've dealt with recently (Osceola, Brevard, Pinellas, Broward, Lee) are being squeezed from budget cuts from Tallahassee, but lack of business and personal (timeshares, residential, etc) activity on the ground is stifling their revenue, and consequently operating budgets. Then Republicans proceed to blame improperly functioning and "overbearing bureaucratic" government as the problem. And they're halfway right; Florida is a terrible state to deal with.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 09:02:30 PM »

Interesting Brevard County, my grandparents lived in Palm Bay there, (they had to sell their house for a couple of reasons), but they said that jobs were booming in the area. I guess YMMV
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »

Interesting Brevard County, my grandparents lived in Palm Bay there, (they had to sell their house for a couple of reasons), but they said that jobs were booming in the area. I guess YMMV

Notice my post was about real estate activity, not job creation. But if you want to talk about jobs, just read this joke editorial in some liberal rag newspaper penned by a Democratic shill.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 09:09:46 PM »

Notice my post was about real estate activity, not job creation. But if you want to talk about jobs, just read this joke editorial in some liberal rag newspaper penned by a Democratic shill.
Wow that veered off the deep end quickly.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 09:13:42 PM »

Gov. Scott is to be congratulated for making Florida open for business -- and FL voters affirmed it.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 09:15:38 PM »

I hope they are saving all that money for the next hurricane that blows through and wrecks their state.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 09:23:23 PM »

I hope they are saving all that money for the next hurricane that blows through and wrecks their state.

Charming
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 09:31:20 PM »

Wow that veered off the deep end quickly.

**Insert submerged Florida climate change joke here**

Gov. Scott is to be congratulated for making Florida open for business -- and FL voters affirmed it.

If by "open for business" you mean the expansion of large corporations employing hundreds of thousands of minimum wage workers, then sure.

But to be fair, Rick Scott wasn't single-handedly responsible for normal growth occurring, he also wasn't single-handedly responsible for the type of jobs created.

And voters also reelected Sam Brownback. If you want to brag about anything that's happened there, go ahead. The 2014 wave carried a lot of candidates over the finish line that, based on their record, shouldn't have made it.

The takeaway from this thread should have been that Rick Scott is a scumbag who Florida Republicans should have been able to field a better candidate than. Also that it's possible to know what's going on in other places without actually living there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 02:28:30 AM »

Why the hell would the Obama administration let someone who had to pay a $1.7 billion fine for Medicare fraud privatize Medicaid. Obama is even dumber than I thought.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies