Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:19:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population"  (Read 19244 times)
Cory
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 08:50:55 PM »

She would already be fired if she was white and said that about black people.

The culture on College Campuses, especially liberal arts Universities, has become increasingly toxic because of these types.

She doesn't realize it's "because of whitey" that she has electricity, air conditioning, computers and a car.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »

More evidence that white men are the real victims of oppression and discrimination. Sad

More evidence some fraction of academia has completely jumped the shark. Sad
CountryClassSF

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 08:59:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Indeed. Where does this hate come from?  Her Twitter feed is rant after rant after rant.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 08:59:54 PM »

She would already be fired if she was white and said that about black people.

The culture on College Campuses, especially liberal arts Universities, has become increasingly toxic because of these types.

She doesn't realize it's "because of whitey" that she has electricity, air conditioning, computers and a car.

Applause. Props to you.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »

It really saddens me to see these "SJW" types become increasingly influential on the left. They're more of a raving lynch mob then anything else.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 09:04:03 PM »

It really saddens me to see these "SJW" types become increasingly influential on the left. They're more of a raving lynch mob then anything else.

You're more willing to speak up about it than most Republicans....Their response is usually to sit with their hands folded.  But you are right.  Do you have a theory as to why the left pursues this type of demagoguery?

FWIW...I despise racism, I despise ignorance. But I also despise political correctness and knee-jerk reactions.  I just wish the same standards could apply to everybody for everything - we'd be much better off.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 09:04:18 PM »

CountryClassSF

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 09:06:35 PM »

I'd actually like to ask this woman..What does one's masculinity have to do with race anyway?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2015, 09:23:15 PM »

wtf
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2015, 09:24:36 PM »

I love how Beet has gotten all in my face about feminist issues before but then he requotes that.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »

OK, a racial agitating leftist has a teaching position on a university campus?  Color me surprised.

Just as the extreme right is found in some sectors of society (such as fundamentalist pastors), we find the extreme left in others (like universities).  Both can be nauseatingly stupid and annoying.

A college campus is one of the most nonracist places in the planet.  The professor's concern is ridiculous.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2015, 09:45:24 PM »

Yeah, I don't see what's controversial about saying that a great deal of the technological and social progress of the world is the result of people who were (flawed) white men, in response to bigoted statements by an overzealous SJW.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »

Yeah, I don't see what's controversial about saying that a great deal of the technological and social progress of the world is the result of people who were (flawed) white men, in response to bigoted statements by an overzealous SJW.

CLAPS
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2015, 10:09:30 PM »

The "technological progress of the world" argument is completely irrelevant because of course the historically privileged group is going to be the one that has the best access to education and most opportunities for inventing stuff.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 11:25:18 PM »

I think the best thing I could say about it, in all seriousness, is that it's sort of neutralisingly equally senseless rhetoric to offend the kinds of people who think that blacks are living it up due to affirmative action.  A lot of people have this bizarre fixation on AA and the zealous comparison to real discrimination faced by minorities that many eventually make when pressed makes me very uncomfortable.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 11:34:30 PM »

I think the best thing I could say about it, in all seriousness, is that it's sort of neutralisingly equally senseless rhetoric to offend the kinds of people who think that blacks are living it up due to affirmative action.  A lot of people have this bizarre fixation on AA and the zealous comparison to real discrimination faced by minorities that many eventually make when pressed makes me very uncomfortable.

She made multiple racist comments against whites, and sexist comments directed at males and masculine males -- and literally will receive no reprucussions for doing so.  

Tell me again how she's facing discrimination. And yes, with such hate in her heart, I'd be interested to know how she got her job. It's certainly not her charm.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 11:40:14 PM »

I think the best thing I could say about it, in all seriousness, is that it's sort of neutralisingly equally senseless rhetoric to offend the kinds of people who think that blacks are living it up due to affirmative action.  A lot of people have this bizarre fixation on AA and the zealous comparison to real discrimination faced by minorities that many eventually make when pressed makes me very uncomfortable.

She made multiple racist comments against whites, and sexist comments directed at males and masculine males -- and literally will receive no reprucussions for doing so. 

Tell me again how she's facing discrimination. And yes, with such hate in her heart, I'd be interested to know how she got her job. It's certainly not her charm.

Admittedly, I don't know the specifics of her history making remarks like these, so if she is being sincere, I think that is a cause for concern.

She is not facing discrimination, no; but I contend that African-Americans and other minorities as a whole do suffer lasting effects as a result of generations of discrimination and poverty.  I suspect a lot of people who oppose affirmative action would disagree with this.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2015, 11:49:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well I only disagree partially.  There's no denying that the past (slavery, racial discrimination) was a mark of shame for our country, but we've outlawed segregation, we've outlawed job discrimination based on race, etc.  We've come very far.  Prejudice will always exist, but what has happened now is - any time a plight happens to a racial minority, it's always assumed that it happened because of their race.  Since Obama took office, we've had more racial division in our country than any time in my lifetime. 

I'm pretty opposed to affirmative action - It's essentially state sponsored discrimination of white people.  The wrongs of state sponsored discrimination against blacks were rightfully repealed -- why now, do we have to reverse that and discriminate against white people? It's just as wrong, and just as deluded.

My largest frustration with left/SJWs is that they act as if we are living in the Jim Crow era. That simply opposing Obama means you're a racist. 

If we could get past this, we'd be better off as a country. But i'm not sure the left is interested in getting past it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 12:11:59 AM »

Fewer and fewer men are pursuing liberal arts degrees, or college generally. Things like this make me wonder if there isn't a concerted effort among some in academia to make sure this trend continues.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 12:18:07 AM »

I'm pretty opposed to affirmative action - It's essentially state sponsored discrimination of white people.  The wrongs of state sponsored discrimination against blacks were rightfully repealed -- why now, do we have to reverse that and discriminate against white people? It's just as wrong, and just as deluded.

This is exactly what I was referring to before.  It's not just as wrong, it's an effort to address the visible setbacks that decades of legally mandated segregation and discrimination have produced.  Call it misguided if you want, but I think it's fair to say that the majority of proponents of affirmative action are absolutely not racist against whites, and as you even allude to, recently heightened racial tensions suggest that racial bigotry is still a problem that society has yet to entirely wrestle with fully.  To suggest that diversity programs in hiring is the actual equivalent to segregated schools or the poll tax is absurd.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2015, 12:36:59 AM »

wtf

I thought the same thing. This is bizarre thinking, as though these things are exclusively "white male" accomplishments. And that it somehow makes up for the numerous ubiquitous ways minorities struggle more than white males do (they have it so much better they can't even wrap their minds around how they have it better which is incredible to me). Don't get me wrong, this person is clearly fighting this battle with poor form. But saying she ought to lighten up because white maleness somehow bestowed upon the world the unique gifts of cars and electricity and air conditioning is just.. super weird.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2015, 12:47:54 AM »

wtf

I thought the same thing. This is bizarre thinking, as though these things are exclusively "white male" accomplishments. And that it somehow makes up for the numerous ubiquitous ways minorities struggle more than white males do (they have it so much better they can't even wrap their minds around how they have it better which is incredible to me). Don't get me wrong, this person is clearly fighting this battle with poor form. But saying she ought to lighten up because white maleness somehow bestowed upon the world the unique gifts of cars and electricity and air conditioning is just.. super weird.

When you have no accomplishments in life, claim your race or your gender's or your nation's accomplishments as your own.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2015, 01:10:14 AM »

lol

Imagine what would be the reaction if a white male said African American women are the problem in society. Nothing more needs to be said.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2015, 01:48:34 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2015, 02:04:44 AM by Cory »

Trigger Warning: Drunk.

I'm sorry but the responses to my post boxed me in to putting this frankly:

Western people as of today have been the most accepting and generous ethnic group of people in the history of humanity. How do you think East Asians think of black people? How about Indians or Arabs? How many asylum seekers do you think Japan will accept?

Don't get me wrong we have had our share of terrible things done throughout history. But the Enlightenment mentality in European civilization is responsible for literally every social advancement that makes the modern age. The Muslims are probably the only civilization that had a shot of filling this role in the Middle Ages, but that window closed.

Basically every "good/free" country in the world is that way because they adopted the "Western" way of doing things.

Yeah, sh**tty things happened, as they always do. Do you think things would be better if the black people conquered Europe and did the same thing? The fact of the matter is the technologically superior civilization always absorbed or outright annihilated the lesser civilization. That's how history worked. American black people are literally the most well off subsection of their ethnicity on Earth. Don't get me wrong they had to fight against the ignorance of the White majority back then to make it happen, but it did. How do you think the black civil disobedience of a former slave population would've gone down in China? How about India? They would make the KKK look like saints, don't lie to yourself and pretend otherwise.  

There is plenty of work to be done in the name of ethnic equality, but this mentality pisses me off. She has the gall to whine about how "white people" are the problem when in reality they are the reason she has anything she does today. Odds are she would just be some random subsistence farm girl, probably raped multiple times by randoms had it not been for these white people she hates so much.

There, I said it.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2015, 02:01:29 AM »

That was.. words.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length