Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:20:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population"  (Read 19277 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: May 08, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »

If it wasn't against whites, he'd be fired on the spot.  Racism against whites is acceptable, and encouraged on college campuses today.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 05:53:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd pose the question to you. When "white intellectuals" say that, what do you label them?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 05:57:54 PM »

African American woman in the top 5% of income earners wastes her time slagging people beneath her station.

#noclass

And she'll get no penalty for it. My prediction? If anything, she'll get promoted - and anyone against said promotion will be labeled.

The privilege of affirmative action.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 06:06:51 PM »

White males in Boston are indeed a serious problem. The professor should get some worldly exposure before making such a general assessment however.

That Tom Brady I tell ya!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 06:15:43 PM »

I've examined a few more of her tweets. Looks like she'll never be happy until white males set all of their slaves free.

Surprised she hasn't changed her name to Natalie (Nat) Turner.

Frightening that someone who is filled with so much hate, and publically so, and unashamedly so, ever attained a position like this.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 08:59:32 PM »

Indeed. Where does this hate come from?  Her Twitter feed is rant after rant after rant.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 08:59:54 PM »

She would already be fired if she was white and said that about black people.

The culture on College Campuses, especially liberal arts Universities, has become increasingly toxic because of these types.

She doesn't realize it's "because of whitey" that she has electricity, air conditioning, computers and a car.

Applause. Props to you.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:04:03 PM »

It really saddens me to see these "SJW" types become increasingly influential on the left. They're more of a raving lynch mob then anything else.

You're more willing to speak up about it than most Republicans....Their response is usually to sit with their hands folded.  But you are right.  Do you have a theory as to why the left pursues this type of demagoguery?

FWIW...I despise racism, I despise ignorance. But I also despise political correctness and knee-jerk reactions.  I just wish the same standards could apply to everybody for everything - we'd be much better off.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:06:35 PM »

I'd actually like to ask this woman..What does one's masculinity have to do with race anyway?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »

Yeah, I don't see what's controversial about saying that a great deal of the technological and social progress of the world is the result of people who were (flawed) white men, in response to bigoted statements by an overzealous SJW.

CLAPS
CountryClassSF

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 11:34:30 PM »

I think the best thing I could say about it, in all seriousness, is that it's sort of neutralisingly equally senseless rhetoric to offend the kinds of people who think that blacks are living it up due to affirmative action.  A lot of people have this bizarre fixation on AA and the zealous comparison to real discrimination faced by minorities that many eventually make when pressed makes me very uncomfortable.

She made multiple racist comments against whites, and sexist comments directed at males and masculine males -- and literally will receive no reprucussions for doing so.  

Tell me again how she's facing discrimination. And yes, with such hate in her heart, I'd be interested to know how she got her job. It's certainly not her charm.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 11:49:17 PM »

Well I only disagree partially.  There's no denying that the past (slavery, racial discrimination) was a mark of shame for our country, but we've outlawed segregation, we've outlawed job discrimination based on race, etc.  We've come very far.  Prejudice will always exist, but what has happened now is - any time a plight happens to a racial minority, it's always assumed that it happened because of their race.  Since Obama took office, we've had more racial division in our country than any time in my lifetime. 

I'm pretty opposed to affirmative action - It's essentially state sponsored discrimination of white people.  The wrongs of state sponsored discrimination against blacks were rightfully repealed -- why now, do we have to reverse that and discriminate against white people? It's just as wrong, and just as deluded.

My largest frustration with left/SJWs is that they act as if we are living in the Jim Crow era. That simply opposing Obama means you're a racist. 

If we could get past this, we'd be better off as a country. But i'm not sure the left is interested in getting past it.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »

There is plenty of work to be done in the name of ethnic equality, but this mentality pisses me off. She has the gall to whine about how "white people" are the problem when in reality they are the reason she has anything she does today.

Cory 2016.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 01:36:39 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2015, 01:38:40 PM by CountryClassSF »

That's where the fundamental disagreement lies. When discrimination against whites occurs in the modern age, it is just as wrong.  It doesn't mean that it's equal to 3/5ths/slavery/oppression/racial segregation, but the act of discrimination is as wrong against a white person as it is a black person.

The way we addressed the setbacks of the past is we changed them. They've been addressed.

For those who support affirmative action, at what point do we end "Addressing the setbacks of the past?"  We're at over 50 years now since segregation has been outlawed and we haven't seen any signs of it since.  Upwardly mobile AA's in places like Atlanta , etc.  

Essentially, the argument for affirmative action is that it's okay to discriminate because we did it in the past. And I think most Americans would agree with the opposition stance in that regard. Of course, we don't have a Republican Party that is willing to talk about racial issues or oppose the Democrat rhetoric
CountryClassSF

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »

Right-wingers become the "PC Police" they love to complain about once someone says something they don't like. What hypocrisy.

Examples?

It's not really about political correctness. It's about an instructor repeatedly making an unabashedly racist remark. No one's suggesting imposing on her right to preach hatred - I just question why Boston University appears to be sanctioning this behavior. Replace "white" with "black" -- and you know she would be canned by the department chair or whoever.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 04:19:03 PM »

Wow! She should be fired! What do her Democrat defenders say now?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies