Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:39:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boston University professor: White Males a "problem population"  (Read 19302 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 08, 2015, 05:00:42 PM »

More evidence that white men are the real victims of oppression and discrimination. Sad
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »

More evidence that white men are the real victims of oppression and discrimination. Sad

This thread is concern trolling from the Right. I stand by my previous post.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 05:18:47 PM »

lol

Imagine what would be the reaction if a white male said African American women are the problem in society. Nothing more needs to be said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 07:16:45 PM »

African American woman in the top 5% of income earners wastes her time slagging white men beneath her station.

#noclass

She's a newly hired assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies, so I seriously doubt that that is the case.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »

She has the gall to whine about how "white people" are the problem when in reality they are the reason she has anything she does today. Odds are she would just be some random subsistence farm girl, probably raped multiple times by randoms had it not been for these white people she hates so much.

There, I said it.

you might even say it's the White Man's Burden to uplift these savages, amirite

^^^Exactly what I thought when I read that post.

I presume Cory will be the first to defend all of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_indigenous_peoples#The_question_of_colonization_and_genocide_in_the_Americas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_of_Western_European_colonialism_and_colonisation

etc.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 11:28:31 AM »

What in the name of all that is sacred is this thread?

And it started off so promising, with a link to a Farce News story about reverse racism and misandry!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »

Largely because Western people have traditionally been on the winning side of history.  It is very easy to claim to be the most enlightened people in history when your people have had the fortune of being winners instead of losers.  Of course, you leave out a lot of things, like how the Middle Eastern world was a thriving civilization that was a leader in practically all fields of learning, medical, and technological advances before they had the misfortune of being wiped out by the Mongol wave.  Also, it is unfair to base how East Asians would have treated black people compared to whites when the latter have generally had much more experience with blacks than the former.  Asians generally enslaved other Asians while whitey enslaved Native Americans, Celticy people, Slavs, blacks, and even their own lower classes.  In fact, the mass enslavement that people of all races committed within their own race/ethnic groups is one of the untold stories of history.

The Mongolians didn't wipe out some Arabic enlightening, it was already dying when they arrive and ended it completely, BTW Syria not Bagdad was the centre of it as it existed. As for the slavery issue, the Arabs was everybit our equals in it, from the chattel slavery of the Mesopotanian delta, to the slave armies of Egypt and the Ottomans, the slaver states across the Sahel, East Africa and Ukraine.

As for the Chinese and Mughals their treatment of conquered neighbours was everybit as brutal as anything Europeans did. They all did when they was the winners of history not losers.

Shut up Ingeman.

Anyway, I find it telling that a few errors I made are being pointed out and made a big deal of when I had audacity to call out our resident "liberal eugenicist".

I personal dislike your romanticism of the exotic more than Cory's mild chauvinism. Non-"White" people are not some kind of noble savagees, who exist for liberal Americans to make a point against the American conservatives, they're real breathing people with their own complex, beautiful and ugly history.

There's actually a lot of truth in your post, but it seems largely beside the point, and ignores the actual history of the world over the past several centuries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies