Senate resolution: Improve the Senate Rules (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:03:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate resolution: Improve the Senate Rules (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate resolution: Improve the Senate Rules (Final vote)  (Read 2066 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: May 09, 2015, 04:28:57 AM »

I find striking the part allowing only the Speaker to post on the FG board sensible, and since we break this rule very often, it's kind of an adaption to reality, I would say.

Why would you reduce the number of bills possible to be on the floor, though?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:20:09 AM »

I have some doubts about this.
Why reducing the number of bills on the floor?
And also... I have a lot of doubts about Article X. The tiebreaker is the VP and so I think you should explain that "If the VP is absent or the position is vacant...". But the 6 potential tiebreakers are Senators or simple citizens? It's strange that a Senator is the first tiebreaker because he is a "former Senator"...

Article X deals with seniority, not with breaking the tie at Senate votes. Tiebreaker here means that if two Senators start their term at the same day, these tiebreakers are used in that order to determine which Senator is considered more senior. For example, Windjammer and I both started our current, continuos Senate tenure in November 2014. However, as I had been already been a Senator once prior to that - in August and September 2014 - and this is of higher grade here than any of the offices Windjammer had held, I am considered officially more senior than Windjammer.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 07:38:11 AM »

Amendment supported by me as well, makes the whole thing shorter and easier to work with.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 08:30:20 AM »

A final vote seems sensible to me too, as debate appears to have died on this.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 11:22:56 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies